Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Rookies run rough route...expecting too much?

Bookmark and Share
    SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by suitanim View Post
    Troy Edwards had a relatively great first year with us...I think he caught nearly 70 balls and had like 800 yards or something, and we all see how well that turned out.

It almost always takes WR's a year or two to break...that being said, I think he'll have a pretty productive 1st year, comparitively speaking. If Ben can hook up with him on some deep passes (utilizing that sub 4.4 speed), and he can establish himself as a possession guy in year one, that's a good start.
    Yes Troy Edwards did have a very solid rookie year. Then every thing went down hill from there. But I wasn't happy with the drafting in Troy Edwards in the first place. I knew he was a bust and the Steelers did reach for him.

Now Santonio on the other I wanted the Steelers to draft him bigtime. Holmes hasn't been horrible but he stilll looks lost at times. But the whole WR core is struggling so he isn't alone.

My Mood
    Amazed
    He shows me nothing. Maybe because I can't and won't get over the g/f ex wife beating. The results never materialized because she wanted a payday. Sounds like a run of the mill bitch. To me, he is nothing more than your average thug who can run, pass and catch a football.
    Peace & Yours in Black 'N Gold,

Lyn

www.blackngoldpride.com

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3JXqogT0VU

Many thanks to BR7 (Ron) for the sig and matching avatar

Troy was drafted the same way Edgerrin James was: based on a big performance in a big game. I think Edwards owns the single season TD record on top of the 22 catch game he had against Nebraska his Sr. year (my stats may be off, since I'm doing this off the top of my head). Edge worked, Troy didn't.

Anyway, Holmes played well over several seasons against top competition, and Troy played on a so-so LA Tech team and was spotty and inconsistent. Holmes will pay off in the end...

Quote Originally Posted by Steelerlyn View Post
    He shows me nothing. Maybe because I can't and won't get over the g/f ex wife beating. The results never materialized because she wanted a payday. Sounds like a run of the mill bitch. To me, he is nothing more than your average thug who can run, pass and catch a football.
    I think the "beating" was blown out of porportion, sounds more like a argument than a beating, if he did throw her on the floor or what not, only him and her knows. and the guy has gone to practice and done his job quietly after they gave him a decent contract and a clean slate. Hes a young guy with 3 kids and i think now hes doing alright for himself and put the legal issues behind him. JMO.
    An average thug that can run and catch a football is chris henry...theres a screw up and wasted talent IMO, not just because hes a bengal, more because hes worthless.

My Mood
    Amazed
    Quote Originally Posted by K-Train View Post
    I think the "beating" was blown out of porportion, sounds more like a argument than a beating, if he did throw her on the floor or what not, only him and her knows. and the guy has gone to practice and done his job quietly after they gave him a decent contract and a clean slate. Hes a young guy with 3 kids and i think now hes doing alright for himself and put the legal issues behind him. JMO.
    An average thug that can run and catch a football is chris henry...theres a screw up and wasted talent IMO, not just because hes a bengal, more because hes worthless.
    We all have our opinions and mine is not about to change, I can not stand the guy. Where there is smoke there is usually fire. I am not at all interested in speculations. The guy is a woman beater in my mind.

Peace & Yours in Black 'N Gold,

Lyn

www.blackngoldpride.com

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3JXqogT0VU

Many thanks to BR7 (Ron) for the sig and matching avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Steelerlyn View Post
    We all have our opinions and mine is not about to change, I can not stand the guy. Where there is smoke there is usually fire. I am not at all interested in speculations. The guy is a woman beater in my mind.

I thought so, too, but it was interesting to me that ALL this stuff happened between him being a model player under Tressel and being drafted by the Steelers.

Give the kid a chance...Christ, he's not Maurice Clarrett...

Steelerlyn, just curious but who did you want in the draft, actually, anyone answer this, if you could have an available player at the 25th pick who would it have been if not holmes?
    Last edited by K Train; 10-02-2006 at 08:36 PM.

Satan's Helper SteelersfaninPhilly's Avatar
    DeAngelo Williams

http://americanat.blogspot.com/

I'm blind, I'm deaf, I wanna be a ref! Get on your knees ref your blowing the game!

Big thank you to pa state Daryl Metcalfe. For doing the right thing.

See i wouldnt want another small RB, id take LenDale before him. If we were to have gone defense i was hoping for Lawson (22) or even Kiwanuka (32) and get them playing OLB. JMO. I just dont see RB a big need for us, especially a guy like williams.

Satan's Helper SteelersfaninPhilly's Avatar
    Staley is getting up there and "Dumptruck" are not the answers.

http://americanat.blogspot.com/

I'm blind, I'm deaf, I wanna be a ref! Get on your knees ref your blowing the game!

Big thank you to pa state Daryl Metcalfe. For doing the right thing.

Thread Information