Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Member Spotlight: Top Gun

Bookmark and Share

Member Spotlight: Top Gun

Steeler Addicts Member Spotlight:
    Top Gun

Member Spotlight Questions:

How long have you been a Steeler fan: For as long as I can remember, basically since the first time I saw them play in the playoffs leading up to the Super Bowl against the Rams.. My dad said I watched them before that but I don't remember much before then.

What made you become a fan of the Steelers: My dad was actually a Giants fan but I really started liking the black n gold the first time I saw them because their uniforms were cool and because Jack Lambert was as mean and intimidating as they come. I thought " yeah this guy is downright nasty"

Who is your favorite Player currently on the Steelers roster: Hines Ward & James Harrison

Why are they your favorite player: Hines is the ultimate success story, drafted in the 3rd round, played special teams and worked his way through all the adversity to be one of the best in the business. Silverback because he's mean, nasty, and will dish out a hit on anybody at anytime. When he comes to play on sunday afternoons it spells trouble for the person who crosses him. He's following in the great tradition of Steeler linebackers.

Who is your favorite Steeler of the past: Lamert & Harris no question.

What is your favorite Steelers memory: I have a couple: Super Bowl XL; finally getting that one for the thumb and being there every week watching and cheering them on even when they were at 7-5 and on the brink of elimination they kept at it and won the ultimate prize. Another is seeing Barry Foster get the rushing record for the team at 1690 yds in a season and do it on the strength of 12 100yd games. Another would be to finally see us draft a franchise QB in Big Ben. Watching the team struggle since Bradshaw left with has been's and never will be's it was good to see the Rooney's get us the guy we needed to lead the team into the future. Also "the tackle" was one I'll never forget.

What is your favorite sport to watch other than football: MotoGP racing; I love watching race bikes tear it up on courses all over the world.

How did you find Steeler Addicts: Steelersfan invited me here a couple weeks after I left another Steelers site because of being fed up & burnt out with how the site was going. I checked out SA and was hooked from the minute I started posting.

Sum up your thoughts on Steeler Addicts in a few sentences: Great people, great conversations, mutual respect between the staff and the members, people who genuinely enjoy each others company and come to SA to relax and have a good time; and of course the solid & reliable news on the team and the league overall. Even if you don't feel posting there's always something to do here and always somebody willing to chat with you on just about any topic under the sun.

What do you do for a living: I work in residential & commercial telephone service in the back office support.

What is one thing that might surprise people to know about you: I enjoy ballroom dancing.

What is one thing that everybody knows you for: the Steelers, riding motorcycles, 80's music, and of course KISS. Oh and the guy who married a Hooters girl

What kind of car or truck do you drive: Ford Explorer, and of course my Suzuki, "gigi".

If you could change 1 thing about yourself what would it be: A bit more patient, I used to be really laid back but not as much any more.

What are your hobbies & interests outside of posting on SA? riding motorcycles, jamming to music, going for walks with the family. I love going to the beach on vacation; someday I'll retire near the water even if I have to live under the boardwalk!

Favorite TV show: MASH, House, Deadlist Catch, America's Port, just about anything on Discovery Channel or NatGeo. Also I love watching TV Land and all the old sitcoms & 80's shows.

Favorite video games: Guitar Hero games no doubt.

Does your family enjoy watching football with you or do they run and hide when the game is on: My wife enjoys watching the games with me, in fact she remarked that when I don't scream and yell get all into the game it's not as fun for her to watch with me. My son used to hate it but now he's alittle bigger and understands Im not screaming at him, just the TV

What type of Steelers game day rituals do you do: I pick out a jersey or tshirt to wear, a pair of socks, boxers, and pants and I wear those all year long no matter what. If we win I don't wash the shirt so I don't wash out the good luck. I also drink from the same cup each week and drink the same thing, eat the same foods, sit in the same spot to watch the game. Also I post in the gameday threads here on the site.

Your favorite gametime food & beverage: Beer, wings, pizza, chips, (just depends on where Im watching the game at) and always a bologna sandwhich before the game. If my son watches it with me we'll make some popcorn and only get more at half time if we're winning.

How many Steeler games have you attended in your lifetime: 15 I believe.

Three Rivers Stadium or Heinz Field ? both have sentimental value so I can't say either one but TRS has the 4 SB wins and all that dynasty history. Hopefully one day Heinz will have that too.

Immaculate Reception or "The Tackle"? the Tackle, because we wouldn't have won SBXL without it.

My Mood
    Smokin
    Ballroom dancing huh nice interview

Thanks for the sig Flea

SA's Bouncer
    My Mood
    Addicted
    Nice interview Matt!!

If you don’t stand behind our troops.....Please feel free to stand in front of them!!!

"Give me a 6 pack, half hour of rest and lets go play them again....We can beat them."
    --Jack Lambert

"They say that when you're the champs, everybody will try to beat you. Well, I'm glad we're the champs, so bring 'em on, bring 'em all on. If we die, we ain't gonna die running. It's gonna be a fight."
    --Joe Greene

SA Affiliate - Sports Jabber Deb's Avatar
    You are a great guy Matt, and it was fun to read

Space Invaders Champion, Asteroids Champion NOVA STEELERS's Avatar
    My Mood
    Wicked
    Nice read Matt........... What no Love for KIP

STEELER NATION RULES
    My Mood
    Clowns
    Very nice read.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Quote Originally Posted by NOVA STEELERS View Post
    Nice read Matt........... What no Love for KIP
    Kip goes without saying man, he's my hero !

Great read!!...really enjoy the Member Spotlights!

Great interview Matt...

This was probably the hardest interview to get... I had to threaten him with banishment from the site until it was done!

Thanks TG for doing this... I'm sure everyone had been looking forward to this spotlight just to get to know the SA owner a little better

Thread Information