Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: C Johnson at it again

Bookmark and Share
    Space Invaders Champion, Asteroids Champion NOVA STEELERS's Avatar
    My Mood
    Wicked

Cool C Johnson at it again

Johnson will hold out from camps, wants out of Cincinnati

Joe Robbins/Getty ImagesThe relationship between Chad Johnson and Carson Palmer took a different turn on Wednesday.

Usually Bengals quarterback Carson Palmer is the one trying to connect to wide receiver Chad Johnson. On Wednesday, it was Johnson who tried connecting with Palmer –- and others. After Palmer told reporters in an open locker room session early Wednesday that Johnson assured him he will be back in Cincinnati for any mandatory camp, the Bengals receiver sounded off with his strongest comments to date about a holdout and his desire to play elsewhere. “I will not be at any mandatory camp,” a noticeably angry Johnson said. “I will not be at training camp. I will not be anywhere in Cincinnati. “I'm not sure where Carson got his information from, but I know I didn't assure him of anything. I wish he'd stay out of this. He's taking how I’m feeling as a joke because I think everyone else in the organization is doing the same. “But let me be as clear as I can about this. This is not a joke. I really don’t want to play for the Bengals. Period.”
    Johnson’s outburst is the latest in a line of comments to instigate a trade, but it marks the first time he and Palmer have disagreed so strongly, and so publicly. It comes 10 days before an NFL Draft in which Johnson wants to be traded in the worst possible way. At least a few teams have approached the Bengals about a trade –- one even offered multiple first-day picks –- but Cincinnati’s approach has not wavered. The team is as adamant about not trading Johnson as the seven-year veteran is adamant about not returning to Cincinnati. Johnson felt insulted that Palmer spoke on his behalf Wednesday, leading the five-time Pro Bowler to offer more words of his own. “I’m the reason everything went down the drain,” Johnson said. “So I want to make sure they have no more probems with me. Get me out".

Go Chad Go.......... and keep in bungel land

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    The Bengals are stupid for trying to keep him; if he wants out that bad trade him to somebody else, and get a 1st & 3rd round pick for him and help build your team. Whozurmama wants more money too and wants to hold out so right now they are in a bad situation. That's what happens when you fill your team with a bunch of locker room cancers.

They would take an $8mil cap hit if they traded him.

THEY WILL BOTH BE THERE WHEN SEASON STARTS.
    This is NEXT YEAR!

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    At this point as bad as that team is, why not just take the hit and gain some draft picks out of it. Then you're basically done with him. Chad has been a controversial player from the get go; most times his antics are harmless but regardless that team needs a complete house cleaning.

They should just let him go. He is going to be nothing but a distraction to the team and they don't need that. They suck enough as it is.
    Proud fan of Dale Earnhardt Jr., Pittsburgh Steelers, Duke Bluedevils, and San Antonio Spurs.

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Noway the Bengals would get a 1st and a 3rd round pick for CJ....He is over 30 and proven to put himself ahead of the team.....I could see a 3rd or at highest a 2nd round pick for CJ....

I could see a 1st or 2nd for him.

Originally from Johnstown, PA...now trapped in Bungleland
    I know he's behaving badly but can you really blame the guy for not wanting to play for that team??? lol

Well Pat Kirwin said on sirius today that chad is all about the money and
    ME,,,,,,,,ME,,,,,,,,ME,,,,,,,,,Kirwin sounded really discusted with chad's behavior !

Pat says cut your losses & get rid of this distraction & get a 1st rounder for him,,,,,

Well I hope he stays and
    on the ing BUNGHO'S

Thread Information