Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Branden Albert scouting report

Bookmark and Share

Branden Albert scouting report

Strengths:
    Excellent size with a big frame and long arms...Fantastic athlete...Good quickness and agility...Strong and physical...Is nasty with a killer instinct...Mobile with decent range to pull and get to the second level...Smart with good awareness...Excellent pass blocker and also gets a decent push in the run game...Real versatile..Leader with great intangibles...Tough and durable..Still improving and has a lot of upside.

Weaknesses:
    Still has some work to do in the technique department...Can be inconsistent with his leverage...Motor runs hot and cold at times..Not a dominant run blocker...Has to work on holding his blocks and finishing....He is still relatively new to the game.

Notes:
    Did not begin playing football until his junior year of high school in 2002..Was also a standout basketball player as a prep...Stepped in as a true freshman and was a three-year starter for the Cavs ( 36 games )...Named a team captain as a junior in 2007...He started a couple of games at left tackle as a junior in place of an injured Eugene Monroe and could possibly play outside at the pro level as well...First-rate talent with exceptional physical tools....Already a great all-around player however his best days are still ahead...The rare offensive guard who is a legit first rounder

Reppin' 724
    I hate the word "upside", but his is scary.

hes really grown on me...theres just about no one i would rather have at this point

Reppin' 724
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    hes really grown on me...theres just about no one i would rather have at this point
    If Chris Williams is available, I think I would rather have him, just b/c we need a legit LT, and then Starks becomes very expendable.

We have decent guards, Simmons is a legit starter IMO, and Kemoatu (sp?) and Colon can fight it out at the other spot.

williams is THE ONLY guy i would rather have....albert is a badass and i really think that if we draft him in the first its because we plan on moving him to LT soon. He wouldve played LT last year but both him and the dude he was gonna switch with (who will be a badass prospect in his own right) missed spring training so they just kept them where they were, but hes got excellent size and very long arms with probably the best footwork in the draft. Hes got all the tools to be a dominate tackle and hes described as nasty with killer instinct....whats not to love about that? From a pass protecting standpoint hes more than pro ready....and PP isnt something our guards can do, not even faneca could be considered a solid pass protector

Reppin' 724
    I almost don't want a line that is good at PP, Ben is scary-good on the run...lol.

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Chris Williams or Brandon Albert....Actually Ryan Clady...but thats not happening..lol But Williams 1a and Albert 1b for me....I don't think Williams will be there at 23 but I can hope.....

I'll take any of these three in the first round:
    -Gosder Cherilus
    -Brandon Albert
    -Chris Williams

I'll make exceptions for:
    -Aqib Talib
    -Antione Canson

I WILL NOT accept:
    -LBs
    -WRs
    -SS, FS
    -TE

I really want:
    -Owen Schmitt
    -Gosder Cherilus
    -Chris Long (won't happen, but I can dream right?)
    -Justin King

"When Gotham is ashes, you have my permission to die."

My Mood
    Frustrated
    I have seen where the damn Deadskins are VERY hi on Brandon Albert! We better start figuring on Williams and Albert not making it to our roster any time soon.....

Quote Originally Posted by kgreen View Post
    I'll take any of these three in the first round:
    -Gosder Cherilus
    -Brandon Albert
    -Chris Williams

I'll make exceptions for:
    -Aqib Talib
    -Antione Canson

I WILL NOT accept:
    -LBs
    -WRs
    -SS, FS
    -TE

I really want:
    -Owen Schmitt
    -Gosder Cherilus
    -Chris Long (won't happen, but I can dream right?)
    -Justin King
    cason in the first would be straight retarded...and at this point i dont like talib there either, i love talib as a player but im morally opposed to drafting corners not named cromartie in the first.

we either go oline, dline, LB or WR in the first

Williams
    Albert
    Merling
    Sweed
    Groves
    Kelly
    Cherilus

thats how i would have our big board this year...If williams, albert, groves and merling are gone...dont be shocked at a WR with ben bitching for more weapons
    Quote Originally Posted by MDSteel15 View Post
    I have seen where the damn Deadskins are VERY hi on Brandon Albert! We better start figuring on Williams and Albert not making it to our roster any time soon.....
    skins need dline and safety....Derek Harvey (beast) or kenny phillips would be more likely picks imo.

Thread Information