Thread: Steelers continue to look at the Tall guys

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Curmudgeon

Steelers continue to look at the Tall guys

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pitt.../s_562311.html
    Louisville's Mario Urrutia, one of the tallest receivers in next week's NFL Draft, visited the Steelers Monday at their South Side facility.

Urrutia, who measured at 6-foot-5 1/4 and 229 pounds at his school's Pro Day last month, had 35 catches for 501 yards and three touchdowns in 2007. A leg injury caused him to miss two games and limited him in others.

Urrutia entered the draft with one year of eligibility remaining. Compared in the past with former Steelers wideout Plaxico Burress, Urrutia recorded 130 catches for 2,271 yards and 16 touchdowns in 34 career games.

They seem to really be hell bent on checking out every available option at WR they can..from what I've seen they don't appear to be looking at any in the 1st round; most of the guys they have looked at look to go late day 1 or early day 2.

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by TOP GUN View Post
    http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pitt.../s_562311.html

They seem to really be hell bent on checking out every available option at WR they can..from what I've seen they don't appear to be looking at any in the 1st round; most of the guys they have looked at look to go late day 1 or early day 2.
    Didn't the Steelers bring in Malcolm Kelly, Limas Sweed and James Hardy in for visits? Those three are 1st to 2nd round prospects......If the Steelers can find a Plax...then this offense could be really special...thats all I want somebody like Plax....I'm not expecting them to find a TO or Randy Moss....I think Hardy could be that guy....I don't think he falls to the Steelers in the 2nd round and I also think the 23rd pick is to early for Hardy...I rather have Williams, Albert or Groves at 23.....I'm really hoping the Steelers can trade down though in this draft....Especially if the Falcons don't draft Matt Ryan at 3 and then they want to trade back into the first round to get a shot at Joe Flacco or Brian Brohm....

But if Williams or Albert are there at 23 then don't trade down....I'm just not expecting those two do be there...

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Yeah they did look some of the big time 1st round guys but Im not sure they looked at all of them...either way it seems they are also keeping their options open for good prospects available later on; I would be totally shocked to see them go WR in the first round even if we do need some depth at that position.

If Albert or Williams is there then we better not trade down but yeah the way those guys' stock is right now we'd be hard pressed to count on finding them available to us. This is such a weird position to draft at because so many of the guys that I'd love to have will probably be gone but yet there is still good talent available to us at 23. Now what I'd really like is for us to trade down just a few spots and pick up another 2nd or 3rd round pick and really make a splash on day 1 but that might be a pipe dream.

My Mood
    Frustrated
    I love the notion of Urrutia coming in as a 6th rounder or FA! He was projected higher before this past season.... Hopefully lots of upside!

Given the Steelers have obviously made Ben the franchise QB, you would think they are also going to listen to him and get him what he want to make sure he stays happy.

I think it is so funny that months ago I said the Steelers need to get a tall WR and you guys ripped me a new one and they are definately trying to do that.
    This is NEXT YEAR!

wow my bum radar is off the charts right now

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    wow my bum radar is off the charts right now
    yeah that usually happens when the name limas sweed is posted in a thread
    "SA, it's more than a FEVER it's an ADDICTION" -BlacknGold Bleeder

Not a Urrita fan. I like his teammate Harry Douglas so much better.

Thread Information