Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: All things Pork

All things Pork

Hey Guys,

I'm not sure what y'all are experiencing with risiing prices over there in the good ol US of A, but food prices over here are going through the roof!!

Anywho - in an effort to reduce the weekly food bill i'm trying to do some fab things with the cheapest meat i can get - pork

I can only really come up with pork bonless chops with apple sauce, and roasted pork loin stuffed with feta, basil and sun dried tomatoes.

The wife is not a huge fan of pork so i need something brilliant and tasty to come up with so people - over to you? Any good things i should try?

Hey Pete....have you looked on FoodNetwork and searched Paula Deens show.I know some SA members have some good recipes,but Paula Deen is the queen of Southern cooking in my opinion and pork is a popular meat down south.Fried,baked,or the best Barbequed...especially spare ribs....

My Mood
    Horny
    dude let me tell you one of the easiest things and best things is shake and bake pork chops!!! look into it they are great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey guys,

Don't forget i'm in the Uk so never heard of any of the things your mentioning. Can you send me some links.

Cheers

Pete

My Mood
    Horny
    Quote Originally Posted by Blitzburghpete View Post
    Hey guys,

Don't forget i'm in the Uk so never heard of any of the things your mentioning. Can you send me some links.

Cheers

Pete
    sorry man, shake and bake pork chops are pretty much just breaded pork chops. so i guess you could just dip the chops in egg then coat them in floor maybe season them a little bit, fry them in a pan for a few minutes them bake them the rest of the time!

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    True that, shake n bake is really simple and tastes pretty darn good. You can accomplish the same thing for the most part by just taking a couple eggs and beating them in a mixing bowl; dip the chicken in them and then roll it around in bread crumbs plus you can add more spices and such on ur own.

Cheers guys,

I'm gonna try this but with a chilli / hot spicy thing in the breadcrumb covering. See how it turns out.

My Mood
    Horny
    Cheers guys,

I'm gonna try this but with a chilli / hot spicy thing in the breadcrumb covering. See how it turns out.
    sounds like a good idea! bet it turns out good!

Originally from Johnstown, PA...now trapped in Bungleland
    Cheers guys,

That's actually what I do, Pete. I use boneless chops with egg and Italian bread crumbs that I add a chili spice to. I bake mine. They stay pretty moist that way. The kids love it.

Quote Originally Posted by floodcitygirl View Post
    That's actually what I do, Pete. I use boneless chops with egg and Italian bread crumbs that I add a chili spice to. I bake mine. They stay pretty moist that way. The kids love it.
    How long do you bake them for?

Thread Information