Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Steelers Announce 2008 Preseason Schedule

Bookmark and Share
    Steel City Mafia # 632

Steelers Announce 2008 Preseason Schedule

Steelers Announce 2008 Preseason Schedule

PITTSBURGH — The Steelers will play four preseason games this summer including two games at Heinz Field, a nationally televised road game and game in Toronto for the first time in nearly 50 years.

The Steelers will kickoff their preseason schedule at home against the Philadelphia Eagles. This summer will mark the sixth consecutive preseason that the Steelers will play the Eagles and the third time that the cross-state rivals will play at Heinz Field. The time and date for the game has yet to be finalized.

The Steelers will travel to Toronto to play the Buffalo Bills on Thursday, Aug. 14 at 7:30 p.m. The game will mark the first time since Aug. 3, 1960 that the Steelers played a game in Toronto. That game resulted in a 43-16 Steelers win over the Toronto Argonauts of the Canadian Football League.

CBS will broadcast Pittsburgh’s lone nationally televised preseason game on Saturday, Aug. 23 at 8 p.m. versus the Minnesota Vikings. It will be the Steelers’ first preseason contest at Minnesota since 2001.

The Steelers’ final preseason home game will take place against the Carolina Panthers on Thursday, Aug. 28. The exact time for kickoff has yet to be finalized. The game will mark the 10th time in the past 12 years that the Panthers and Steelers will play in the preseason and the eighth time they will conclude their preseason schedule against one another.
    ~Steelers.com
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    [AutoMerged Post Below]
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    It will be nice to get a glimpse of our D against Adrian Peterson on National TV.
    Last edited by ItAintEasyBeingPeazy; 04-03-2008 at 04:12 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

"He's running around there, running his mouth, doing all that, but if you watch him on film and really look, where was Ray Lewis? He was nowhere to be found. I could have tackled the water boy and had as many tackles as him. He didn't do nothing today. He's all mouth. When you talk like that, that's what happens: You get hit in the mouth. He's over there crying now, thinking about what went wrong. You got your *** whipped, that's what." ~ Peazy

It seems like the Eagles and Panthers are permanent fixtures in the Steelers pre-season schedule now

thats weird, eagles are usually the 3rd game

Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    thats weird, eagles are usually the 3rd game
    It was game #4 last year but in your defense the Steelers did play in the HOF game

Waterboy
    reg season schedule when?

Quote Originally Posted by AZ_Steeler View Post
    It was game #4 last year but in your defense the Steelers did play in the HOF game
    lol i meant the important game were starters play most of it.....which was game 4 last year

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Quote Originally Posted by steelmann58 View Post
    That usually comes out late April or early May.

Yeah the Panthers and Eagles seem to be on our list every year for some reason but hey it's preseason so as long as we get through it healthy and get the starters some good work each week I'll be content.

Spectator
    My Mood
    Happy
    Quote Originally Posted by AZ_Steeler View Post
    It seems like the Eagles and Panthers are permanent fixtures in the Steelers pre-season schedule now
    I was reading about that today that it was easier on traveling for these 2 teams.
    Also I read that the Bills will play all of their home games in Canada this year so it's not really consider an out-of-country game.
    "It is hard to wait around for something that you know may never happen;but it's even harder to let go when it's everything you want"
    -unknown

#1 Hater of the other 30 SteelCityMan786's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by steelmann58 View Post
    Before the draft. The Regular Season was supposed to be announced on Thursday. But it's being delayed.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelCityMan786 View Post
    Before the draft. The Regular Season was supposed to be announced on Thursday. But it's being delayed.
    I thought they usually announced it later in April or sometimes early May

I've never been to a preseason game in Pittsburgh, only regular season games, I'd like to check on out just to get a good look at the young guys since most times they aren't on national TV.

Thread Information