Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: jordy nelson?

Bookmark and Share

jordy nelson?

hey this is my first thread so im not sure if im doing this all right. i was just wondering what do you all think about the steelers drafting that jordy nelson kid in the 3rd or maybe 4th round? from this highlight video he looks to be pretty good to me. from what i have heard he should be there in the third but idk about the forth.
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=W6B_VmbiR7o
    from that he looks pretty ligit but idk if thats just b/c its all highlights or what.

no thanks

Reppin' 724
    I'm not UNimpressed.

He seems kind of Hines-ish.

Does he have any kind of injury history?

Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    no thanks
    Because he is white? I like him a lot. Solid speed (ran a 4.49 I think, even though I don't care for 40's. He did flat out burn Aqib Talib), good hands, and he knows how to run a route, good size, no charcter concerns.

Reppin' 724
    Quote Originally Posted by steelcityrockers View Post
    Because he is white?
    wow......

the more i look into him the more i like. he was a walk on! he is pretty good already but he obviously still has a ton of more room to improve. if we picked him up he would have enough time to develop till ward is too old and retires (not a day i look forward to btw) if we could get him in the 4th i think it could be a steal.

Quote Originally Posted by steelcityrockers View Post
    Because he is white? I like him a lot. Solid speed (ran a 4.49 I think, even though I don't care for 40's. He did flat out burn Aqib Talib), good hands, and he knows how to run a route, good size, no charcter concerns.

yeah i dont want him because hes white

or maybe because hes the kind a WR that is good in college but will be a massive underachiever in the pros, hes "quick" not fast, corners will manhandle him and hes soft. If were taking a 4th or 5th round WR lets go after bowman....who was just as productive in college but has some nfl upside and is an amazing blocker with great body control and ball skills.

but how about this...we dont take any bum WRs and take a solid one in the second or third round...like hawkins, doucet, jackson...someone who could potentially contribute

My Mood
    Frustrated
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    yeah i dont want him because hes white

or maybe because hes the kind a WR that is good in college but will be a massive underachiever in the pros, hes "quick" not fast, corners will manhandle him and hes soft. If were taking a 4th or 5th round WR lets go after bowman....who was just as productive in college but has some nfl upside and is an amazing blocker with great body control and ball skills.

but how about this...we dont take any bum WRs and take a solid one in the second or third round...like hawkins, doucet, jackson...someone who could potentially contribute
    I like him Train, on this one I'm going to have to disagree with you. He is predicted as going as highas the 2nd to 3rd round range. I do agree that if Doucet is there we should take him in a blink of an eye! But Nelson did run AWAY from Talib like he was running on a flat tire.... To me that's fast, not quick!

it was a busted coverage and talib doesnt exactly have great closing speed as it is...man if careers could be made off of one play do you know how many superstars there would be lol

Quote Originally Posted by TEEMONT View Post
    wow......

Honestly I was being sarcastic. Although my current favorite WRs are Harry Douglas, Pierre Garcon (Mount Union), and Jerome Simpson, I think Nelson wll be a solid pro. Not my top choice in the second day. I do like owman. Only problem is his character. I don't now how far he has dropped with his recent arrest for pot.

Thread Information