Thread: Compensation Pick Next Year

Bookmark and Share
    Gold Standard

Compensation Pick Next Year

According to Jim Wexell of scout.com, the signing of Clarke Haggans by the Arizona Cardinals gives us an excellent chance of picking up an extra 3rd rounder next year. Compensatory picks are given based on net loss and prior to the Clarke Haggans signing we were up one and down one, in other words we were breaking even and wouldn't have gotten ****.

Down Alan Faneca
    Up Justin Hartwig

Now with Arizona signing of Clarke Haggans his loss can be the one that offsets the Hartwig signing and the HUGE contract the Jets gave Faneca will buy us an extra 3rd round pick. That will be huge for us next year!
    http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/daily/site_082009/home.parcoltop11.35513.ImageFile.jpg

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    An extra 3rd round pick would be awesome, I was just thinking about this after Dom posted up his thread in the War Room about us not getting any comp picks this year. Now let's just hope we don't sign anyone else to screw this up

Gold Standard
    You know we probably will pick up some scrub who won't make the final cut but will screw us out of that comp pick!

http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/daily/site_082009/home.parcoltop11.35513.ImageFile.jpg

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    I really thought losing Faneca would be just the ticket to getting us a nice comp next year but this twisted system the NFL uses just makes things entirely too difficult. Why can't they just make it as simple as if you lose a player to FA after his first contract is over then you get a comp pick directly equal to the round he was drafted in. If you lose a player after his 2nd contract is over you get a comp pick 1 round later than what he was drafted, and so on... I mean comon that's much easier right !

Gold Standard

Thats too easy!

Steel City Mafia # 632
    Quote Originally Posted by TOP GUN View Post
    I really thought losing Faneca would be just the ticket to getting us a nice comp next year but this twisted system the NFL uses just makes things entirely too difficult. Why can't they just make it as simple as if you lose a player to FA after his first contract is over then you get a comp pick directly equal to the round he was drafted in. If you lose a player after his 2nd contract is over you get a comp pick 1 round later than what he was drafted, and so on... I mean comon that's much easier right !
    lol, there you go making sense again!

"He's running around there, running his mouth, doing all that, but if you watch him on film and really look, where was Ray Lewis? He was nowhere to be found. I could have tackled the water boy and had as many tackles as him. He didn't do nothing today. He's all mouth. When you talk like that, that's what happens: You get hit in the mouth. He's over there crying now, thinking about what went wrong. You got your *** whipped, that's what." ~ Peazy

Pro Bowl #2 and Counting JoeThomas's Avatar
    i like compensatory picks cause they dont take from a team and give to the other like in baseball. there shouldnt be a penalty for signing FA's. one of the many things that makes the NFL the better league.

SA's Official God steelcurtain09's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TOP GUN View Post
    this is one of the worst ideas i have ever heard.
    it would take away the need to be a skillful drafter cuz if u signed a 1st round bust u could let him go and try again next year.
    and do u realize how easy it would be to manipulate the system?
    there r so many possible ways that it isnt even worth tryin it.

Thread Information