Thread: Steelers finally get some help today...

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    texans-hater

Steelers finally get some help today...

Well it almost was a perfect afternoon here today during the bye week as the Pats smacked around the Bengals and exposed them some more, and the Chargers who had the Ravens beat it appeared let the game slip away in the last minute. However, a lot of AFC teams lost today that the Steelers needed to lose such as Cincy,Jags,Jets, and even the Chargers. All could be possible teams in playoff contention late in the year and who the Steelers might need to beat out for better records for tiebrakers. I still think even at 4-0 the Ravens are still not all that good. There next 2 games are at Denver and hosting Carolina on a short week so I look for the Ravens to lose at least one of these games if not both.

So I really believe if the Steelers win this game in San Diego next week they are right back in it here at 2-2 and can start to roll off a stretch of wins here. They have an opportunity to control there own destiny against the AFC West playing SD,KC,and Denver 3 out of the next 5 games. The bottom line is though the Steelers Must win this game to keep pace with the Ravens and Bengals now. They cannot afford to lose any more ground in this division. I really dont think they will and I do think they will turn this thing around come next week. The goofy annoying part of this schedule is over here after this week finally and hopefully the Steelers can hit there groove and get back to playing normally every Sunday at either 1 or 4 o clock.

I really do think though this season can and will turn for the Steelers if they win this game next week in SD. It is a very very critical game here early on in the season to say the least. Its definitely one the Steelers cannot afford to lose. After seeing Cincy today Im convinced now as long as we take care of Baltimore that last game in Cincy on New Years Eve will determine who wins the North. The good news is the Steelers dont see the Ravens till late in the year twice so they will have an opportunity to have a pretty good record when they play them and hopefully be a game behind them or tied with them when we play them. I just really have a gut feeling that if we win that game in SD next week the tide will really begin to swing in the Steelers favor to roll off a bunch of wins. What do you guys think about that do you agree or not???

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    That Pats win really helped our cause. The Bengals are a much more balanced team than the ratbirds ( even if they can't stop the run) so Im more concerned with making sure we keep the bengals on our radar as we get into this season.

The chargers had that game in the bag and blew it by leaving 6 points on the field when Kaeding missed those 2 FG's. The ratbird offense is as pathetic as their purple *** uniforms and their defense spends all day on the field, that will take its toll as the year goes on.

This weekend is most definately a HUGE game for us and as much of a must win as you can think of !

I'm a big believer that if we take care of our buisness, then all the other things will fall into place. Bal has a 3 game lead on us, but we have 2 games with them and we all know that they're not going to go 14-2.
    aushqf4

Is it Friday yet? I'm so looking forward to the game next weekend!!! I know the Steelers have done some serious soul searching and are going to come out on fire!!

House of Steel
    You better believe the Steelers will come out on that field against the Chargers, fired up and pissed off enough for handing the game to the Bengals when we had it bagged. I know I am pissed so far.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Quote Originally Posted by AZ_Steeler View Post
    Is it Friday yet? I'm so looking forward to the game next weekend!!! I know the Steelers have done some serious soul searching and are going to come out on fire!!

Hell Yeah that's the spirit !! We take our opening drive and march right down the field and score.

House of Steel
    I see Willie Parker outgaining LaDanian Thomlinson real fast.

With both the Jags and the Bungals losing this weekend, I can only say I wish they'd played as poorly against us.
    That being said, yeah, I think it's now or never for our boys to get on a roll. If they ain't fired up for some solid wins now, they ain't ever going to be. I see the games against SD and KC as sure bets; the game against the Falcons will be a win (but a tough one); and we won't even discuss the Raiders.
    Get through those with black n gold flying colors, and we're good to go.

Thread Information