Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Branden Albert has left the building

Bookmark and Share
    Gold Standard
    Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
    Trust me I wouldn't throw a fit if Balmer or Merling are drafted... I just hope they can play DE in a 3-4....

I have heard many scouts say that Philip Merling is a better football player than Gaines Adams was last year. Adams went 4th overall in last years draft. I would love to see us end up with Merling and Langford.

Ba bye, Travis Kirschke! Ba bye Nick Eason

Even if Merling and Langford started off the season as back-ups and were cycled into the game to give the starters some breathers, I believe our D-line would be vastly improved. And those guys could be the future bookends of our D-line for years to come.
    http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/daily/site_082009/home.parcoltop11.35513.ImageFile.jpg

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    The question isn't if I think Merling or Balmer are good football players....The question is can they play in a 3-4?....Its tough finding 3-4 DL and who knows if these guys are a good fit....I rather take a chance with a Moore or Langford in the later rounds....Take Groves or Kelly in the first...

Gold Standard
    Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
    The question isn't if I think Merling or Balmer are good football players....The question is can they play in a 3-4?....Its tough finding 3-4 DL and who knows if these guys are a good fit....I rather take a chance with a Moore or Langford in the later rounds....Take Groves or Kelly in the first...

I really like Groves too! I think he is gonna be a beast in the NFL. If we can't get Albert, Groves is my second choice.

Woodley -- Timmons -- Harrison -- Groves
    http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/daily/site_082009/home.parcoltop11.35513.ImageFile.jpg

My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackGold4vr View Post
    I really like Groves too! I think he is gonna be a beast in the NFL. If we can't get Albert, Groves is my second choice.

Woodley -- Timmons -- Harrison -- Groves
    I agree that would be one hell of a LB core.....Groves in the first....Then Moore in the 2nd or Langford in the 3rd...That would be sweet....But I'm still hoping Albert is there at 23 which every day I having more doubts....

and harrison is definitely athletic enough to move inside, he used to fill in for farrior at that spot and had a few great games....while groves and woodley are athletic enough to drop back occasionally they would just be badass pass rushers....it would just be vicious lol

Why is evryone in love with Talib? He isn't as big as some thought (6'-0'' tall), is slow (I disregard 40's but he was simply burned by Jordy Nelson), and has atrocious footwork.
    My Top 5 Corners
    1. Leodis McKelvin
    2. Antoine Cason
    3. DRC
    4. Mike Jenkins
    5. Patrick Lee

Talib is a very good cover corner, one play doesnt make a career....he got burned in his last game, last year leon hall didnt just get burned but he got continually raped in his last game and he still went midway through the first. He doesnt have atrocious footwork either, hes very smooth. his combine wasnt the greatest, he ran a better time than most thought. and his ball skills are EXCELLENT.

My corner rankings are

DRC
    Mclovin
    Talib
    Jenkins
    Flowers
    Cason

My Mood
    Mad
    I agree with you Train about Talib...Plus I remember seeing him making more big plays then being burnt....Like that pick-6 in his teams Bowl game....

Thread Information