Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Affiliate Interview w/ NoLimitSportsline

Hybrid View

Tha BEER Guy, Beer HEERRE

Affiliate Interview w/ NoLimitSportsline

www.NoLimitSportsline.com

Sports Talk, Fantasy Information, Arcade, Bookie, and Poker Room all For Free

It has been awhile since this affiliation first happened and well it is way past due to get this interview done. To be honest I thought it was done already and while I was working on our new affiliates page I noticed you did not have a thread in our affiliates section so I knew I needed to get this done. Many of you know the story about SA and how I cam about become and affiliate with the site and if you do not in short it was how I got really into this.

Whenever I have a problem with the site if I can not figure it out on my own, my next stop is Steeler addicts. Great people over there and an atmosphere similar to NLS. Some of you are already members at this site already and I encourage you to sign up if you are not a member and I am sure Top Gun and AZ_Steeler are good guys and I am sure will welcome you. So I had a chance to talk with these guys and this is how it went.

When I first really got into all this Dan was a good friend and obviously things happened and you 2 took over the gig, why did you decide to give the ""Yeah I will do it?"
    I've been on forums for so long now but never owned my own site. I've been a mod, super mod, admin, and of course member on many forums and enjoy the whole message board experience. The Steelers have always been my passion but the opportunity never presented itself in a such a way for things to work out like they did when Dan stepped down from SA. I talked it over with the wife and she was all for it. Dan started a great site with the same vision that I always had for a great Steelers place, I didn't want this place to die or to go in a direction other than one that he'd be proud of so I took it over and ran with it. The Staff and my right hand man AZ_Steeler are second to none and I couldn't be more proud to be associated with a better group of people.

Dan was a great guy and we still keep in touch and say hello every once in awhile. Like I said before I really like hanging out at SA and am glad you 2 kept it going when Dan moved on. Just curious though, do you have any regrets from taking on the job as head admin?
    None at all, it's been a great ride and we all thoroughly enjoy working on the site. It's a labor of love and the sky is the limit.

Where do you see SA 10 years from now?

Right up there with Steelers.com.

Why should a non steelers fan check out your site?
    SA offers a whole lot more than just Steelers News. We talk about things going on around the league and especially within the AFC North. Fans of other teams also help keep the blinders from all the members, and see certain things, especially related to the Steelers, in a whole other perspective

If there was one thing you could do over with the site what would it be?
    The Homepage

Interesting with the Homepage answer I really think you guys have done a great job with it. But really there is not to much to pick apart with SA except NLS is not on the home page, (laughing). What is the best thing at SA that is not team specific?
    All the features like the arcade and poker. Plus all the quality posters that bring a lot to the forum day in and day out. Just when you think there isn't anything else to talk about someone comes up with something that keeps the place active.

I am glad whoever found that poker site because we added that at NLS because of me seeing it at SA. Although we do not use the damn thing as much as we should. Well lets leave somethings to new members signing up. Who is your favorite player current and past?
    Current players are Hines Ward & James Harrison. Past players are Greg Lloyd, Jack Lambert, Franco Harris and Mean Joe.

How many games a year do you attend?
    Usually atleast 1, sometimes 2.

Any specific things you do on game day?
    Always eat the same things before and during the game. Also wear the same clothes each week if we won the week before...if we lose then I wash them. If Im not at the game then I post in the game day forum on the site during the game, that's a lot of fun.

Why are you affiliated with NLS?

Because NLS needs our help and because Mike is such a nice guy ...Really though, SA always tries to align itself with sites that have a similar vision as we do, sites that are run by good people, stay active, and generally will help us as much as we are able to help them.

Nice guys and yes we always can use quality help and we are glad to be an affiliate with SA. I hope that you guys come check out SA whenever you get a moment and say hello. Guys do you have any questions for me?
    Why the dog avy?

I currently am using the Willie Parker avatar but I do know which one you are talking about. Was talking with a good friend that I met at SA one day and we were shooting the stuff and somehow something came up and I did it as a joke. Although it kind of looked like a Browns fan being hungry for a win.

Thanks again guys hope our partnership continues to grow together. We all hope we can be with you guys when you surpass that Steelers site.
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    [AutoMerged Post Below]
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    Discuss this thread with NLS here.
    Last edited by Steelx; 03-25-2008 at 12:51 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Thanks for allowing us to do the interview with you and NLS, Mike ! SA is proud of it's affiliates and NLS is right up there with the great sites on the net. SA really is such a passion for me and all the staff, we put our hearts and souls into this place with the time we have to be online and everything to date has come about because of the hard work of the staff and all the great members giving us feedback, posting, and generally interacting on the site as much as they can.

I want to give a special Shout out to AZ Steeler who really is a genious. He and I work so well together and I'm glad he's on our side . My experience in running forums combined with his coding genious has really worked well together. I've learned a lot from him with coding and programming and he's always willing to lend a helping hand to our affiliates whenever he is able too. His genious with creating the homepage is 2nd to none and rumor has it he's working on an even newer version that will be launced at some point soon. Chris and the staff are such great people who not only respect each other but the members and SA's vision as a whole.

SA Affiliate - Sports Jabber Deb's Avatar
    Don't think I've ever seen so many links in one post LOL But since no one else mentioned it I will.................CONGRATS on achieving 1000 members and still climbing. This site has probably the best steady flow of site growth I have ever seen....and I've seen a lot. They just quietly kick ***. And there ARE none better than Matt and Chris. So salute.

Originally from Johnstown, PA...now trapped in Bungleland
    Nicely done. Thanks TG. You and your staff are very much appreciated.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Quote Originally Posted by Deb View Post
    Don't think I've ever seen so many links in one post LOL But since no one else mentioned it I will.................CONGRATS on achieving 1000 members and still climbing. This site has probably the best steady flow of site growth I have ever seen....and I've seen a lot. They just quietly kick ***. And there ARE none better than Matt and Chris. So salute.
    ya think he was trying to make a subtle hint?

Thanks Mike for the interview! And a big thanks to all the members and staff of SA because this site can only go as far as those people take it.

SA's Bouncer
    My Mood
    Addicted
    Very cool and nice interview. Matt and Chris deserve so much more then just a Thank You. Standing ovation anyone?

If you don’t stand behind our troops.....Please feel free to stand in front of them!!!

"Give me a 6 pack, half hour of rest and lets go play them again....We can beat them."
    --Jack Lambert

"They say that when you're the champs, everybody will try to beat you. Well, I'm glad we're the champs, so bring 'em on, bring 'em all on. If we die, we ain't gonna die running. It's gonna be a fight."
    --Joe Greene

My Mood
    Smokin
    Quote Originally Posted by DIESELMAN View Post
    Very cool and nice interview. Matt and Chris deserve so much more then just a Thank You. Standing ovation anyone?

I like the smiles that is cool

Thanks for the sig Flea

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Quote Originally Posted by steelersgal86 View Post
    I like the smiles that is cool
    It's a good thing I don't suffer from seizures

My Mood
    Smokin
    Quote Originally Posted by TOP GUN View Post
    It's a good thing I don't suffer from seizures
    That is true...but it is sooo cool...I try and put 8 together and 2 dont show up right

Thanks for the sig Flea

Thread Information