Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Justin Hartwig & Donnie Nickey

Bookmark and Share

Justin Hartwig & Donnie Nickey

I just read that he was cut! do u guys think if we could clear up the cap space he would be a good sign? i remember seein him play a couple of years ago here in tennessee and he did a pretty good job! but hell anyone is better than mahan at this point! but that would solidify the center job and allow mahan to move back to left guard to back up chris! then we can move colon to rg where he is better suited! then we can draft chris williams in the first to solidify the line!

just a thought! this would allow us to address the d-line linebacker and secondary depth! maybe even allow us to draft another receiver for our 100 million dollar quarterback ben!

and we could cut wilson to get some cap space! i know k-train would love that!
    HERE WE GO!! HERE WE GO!! HERE WE GO STEELERS!! HERE WE GO!! PITTSBURGH'S GOIN TO THE SUPERBOWL!! We're gonna be the first to 6!!!

Born in Uniontwon P.A. ready to get back to the Pittsburgh area by 2017
    My Mood
    Horny
    http://www.nfl.com/players/justinhar...s?id=HAR756037

?? I would like to see what he has!

**** Formerly Clevestinks!****
    i como enormes senos

SA's Bouncer
    My Mood
    Addicted
    He had a knee injury end of last year, wonder if he's recovered from that.

If you don’t stand behind our troops.....Please feel free to stand in front of them!!!

"Give me a 6 pack, half hour of rest and lets go play them again....We can beat them."
    --Jack Lambert

"They say that when you're the champs, everybody will try to beat you. Well, I'm glad we're the champs, so bring 'em on, bring 'em all on. If we die, we ain't gonna die running. It's gonna be a fight."
    --Joe Greene

that is true! but hell like i said, anyone is better than mahan's sorry ***!
    HERE WE GO!! HERE WE GO!! HERE WE GO STEELERS!! HERE WE GO!! PITTSBURGH'S GOIN TO THE SUPERBOWL!! We're gonna be the first to 6!!!

Listen, every center that has been cut does not need to be looked at. They were cut for a reason. I hate Mahan as much as the next guy, but to reiterate what I just stated, every center that has some starting experience and that was cut does not need to be drooled over.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    he's going to be 30 this year so unless he'd come at a real bargain I don't know that they'd give him serious consideration.

2nd String
    at this point anything is better than that bum mahan

SA's Bouncer
    My Mood
    Addicted

Two more FA visits.....

The Steelers continue to entertain free agents in an attempt to bolster their special teams and offensive line, bringing in former Carolina Panthers center Justin Hartwig and Tennessee Titans backup safety Donnie Nickey today to meet with the coaching staff.

Hartwig, who started 15 games last season for the Panthers, was released Tuesday as part of a shakeup of Carolina's offensive line. The Panthers signed Hartwig to a five-year, $17 million contract as a free agent two years ago.

Nickey, who grew up in Akron, Ohio and played at Ohio State, has been a backup in five seasons with the Titans. However, he is considered a special-teams standout who once angered quarterback Vince Young because he hit his teammates too hard in practice.

By Gerry Dulac, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
    No comment.....

If you don’t stand behind our troops.....Please feel free to stand in front of them!!!

"Give me a 6 pack, half hour of rest and lets go play them again....We can beat them."
    --Jack Lambert

"They say that when you're the champs, everybody will try to beat you. Well, I'm glad we're the champs, so bring 'em on, bring 'em all on. If we die, we ain't gonna die running. It's gonna be a fight."
    --Joe Greene

Born in Uniontwon P.A. ready to get back to the Pittsburgh area by 2017
    My Mood
    Horny
    I like both guys. One for a center , short term. And we need more special teams help than any other team!

**** Formerly Clevestinks!****
    i como enormes senos

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    They really are bringing in the safeties aren't they! This is the 4th one now I think and none of them left with a contract. Makes you wonder if they just really don't feel any of these guys is a significant upgrade to what we already have or if they are all just too expensive.

Thread Information