Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A's May Force Raiders to Switch Dates -- including our date with Oakland

Bookmark and Share
    House of Steel

A's May Force Raiders to Switch Dates -- including our date with Oakland

A's May Force Raiders to Switch Dates

By JOSH DUBOW
    AP Sports Writer

OAKLAND, Calif. (AP) -- If the Oakland Athletics make it all the way to the World Series, the Raiders may have to shift the dates of two home games.

The teams share the Coliseum and the Raiders have home games scheduled for Oct. 22 against Arizona and Oct. 29 against Pittsburgh. Those are the scheduled days for Games 2 and 7 of the World Series, which will be hosted by the American League team because the AL won the All-Star game.

Because those Raiders games are not against division opponents, the most likely solution would be to move the games to Monday night if necessary.

"We have no plans at this time to change our schedule," NFL spokesman Dan Masonson said. "We have discussed the potential conflicts with the teams and will monitor the situation. If adjustments to the schedule need to be made, the organizations involved will have a dialogue and a decision will be reached."

The Raiders nearly had to shift a game because of the baseball playoffs in 2002, but the A's lost in the first round to Minnesota.

"We are certainly rooting for the A's and if there are scheduling conflicts we will work with the NFL, MLB, the A's and the (Joint Powers Authority) to fashion a solution that works best for both teams and their respective fans, because that's what should be done when teams share a facility," Raiders CEO Amy Trask said. "I'm sure that together, we can all find a solution that works best for everyone."

© 2006 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed. Learn more about our Privacy Policy.

That would be awesome to see the Steelers have their game moved to Monday Night so everyone gets to see them whip the living daylights out of Oakland. I would love this. I am all for it.

I could care less which day it is becuase as long as there isn't another high profile game on, then being out here in the west means that there is a really good chance that I will get to see the game regardless

The only downside is that they may schedule it as a 10PM start time, which means the game won't be over until nearly 2...

Might have to take that Tuesday off if the A's make it all the way...

House of Steel
    Oh that is right, good point, Suit. OH RATS. My wife wouldn't dare let me watch it with Roseanne being on at the same time.

My Mood
    Addicted
    I don't think the A's are going to make it that far anyways.

Rookie Free Agent
    The A's might make it that far...but i really wouldnt bank on it...i mean..their a good team, but they just arent deep enough to make it that far yet.

Dude, Steelers game vs roseanne? You got to explain to your wife the huge difference there.
    Who Ride?! WE RIDE!!! Long live the Boot!!!

"I'll always be a Steeler" - Joey Porter
    "Once a Steeler, always a Steeler" - Kordell Stewart

Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    i think we should make willie parker eat lots and lots of cake so we have a power running game

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Quote Originally Posted by suitanim View Post
    The only downside is that they may schedule it as a 10PM start time, which means the game won't be over until nearly 2...

Might have to take that Tuesday off if the A's make it all the way...

Got that right, if we're on Monday night I'll be watching like always. Fortunately I have off on tuesdays so its all good.

SA First Blitzburgh Blitzburgh55's Avatar
    No way the A's make the World Series

House of Steel
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelerFan87 View Post
    Dude, Steelers game vs roseanne? You got to explain to your wife the huge difference there.
    Ummmm you want to get flattened by this woman? Don't worry, my brother in law is bringing home a 13 inch TV that someone didn't want and I am going to use that for a spare TV to watch my games.

Thread Information