Thread: Doug Legursky

Bookmark and Share
    SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad

Doug Legursky

I have been on this guys bandwagon....Ask KTrain and he will tell I try to pimp this guy.... I found this article so I thought I would share it......But I really want Legursky to be drafted and really on the 2nd day of the draft he would be a nice pick......

http://nfldraftscouting.com/2008/03/...erds-legursky/

Quote:
    Ask a pair of National Football League Draft prospects about Doug Legursky and they respond with laughter.During separate interviews, Keilen Dykes and Harry Douglas raved concerning their workout teammate. Legursky, Marshall University’s former center, is training for the April 26-27 draft with former West Virginia defensive lineman Dykes and Douglas, a highly-regarded wide receiver from Louisville.

Dykes and Douglas simply chuckled at the mention of Legursky, whose athleticism betrays his stout, 6-foot-3, 300-pound plus frame.

“Doug is a freak in the weight room,” said Dykes a fellow 300-pounder who works out with Legursky at Huntington’s High Intensity Training Center under local agent Dave Rich. “He puts up big numbers. He’s a big power guy.”

Legursky established numerous weight room records during his four-year Thundering Herd career. The Beckley native was a starting player as a true freshman and is working toward delivering a similar immediate impression with NFL scouts and coaches.

Marshall’s Pro Day on March 21 offers Legursky’s best opportunity to elevate his draft status. Douglas said the four-year starter is well-prepped for the extensive tryout, which includes a 40-yard dash, shuttle runs, bench press drills and interviews, along with actual football-specific workouts.

“I’ve been really impressed with Doug,” Douglas said. “To be so big, he’s in and out of cuts like a receiver.

“Scouts want you to keep your pad levels low and Doug does that very well. I’ve been very impressed with Doug; and he’s strong.”

Dykes literally has been more hands-on with Legursky’s training. They work with/against each other in lineman drills, and like Douglas, Dykes simply chuckles at Legursky’s blend of power and mobility.

Doug is running times faster than (defensive ends) did at the (NFL) Combine,” Dykes said. “It’s been crazy. I see what he’s running, like a 4.77, and I’m like ‘wow.’

“He’s athletic and if you want to see someone who’s good on their feet, Doug is that guy. He’s putting up shuttle times that are crazy for a big guy like that.”

Legursky and quarterback Bernard Morris are Marshall’s top prospects for the NFL Draft. Fourteen Thundering Herd players have been selected since the 1998 Draft, including Ahmad Bradshaw, who earned a Super Bowl ring with the New York Giants as a rookie last season.

Legursky is a wild card entering the draft. He wasn’t invited to the NFL Combine, but his test numbers, including 36 bench presses at 225 pounds, measure favorably with his peers. He can play center and guard and is working with all-time Marshall great Mike Bartrum on long-snapping.

“He’s got great movement,” Dykes said. “At the center spot they want to see you get to that level and pick off linebackers and Doug can do that.

“At his Pro Day he’s going to shine.”

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Any idea what round he might be projected in on day 2 ? Hell if he's that good then I'd spend the pick on him too especially a bargain 2nd day pick.

My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by TOP GUN View Post
    Any idea what round he might be projected in on day 2 ? Hell if he's that good then I'd spend the pick on him too especially a bargain 2nd day pick.
    He could anywhere from rounds 4-7 or even undrafted.....Depends some have him rated higher then others......I have seen sites rank him as the 4th to 10th best center in this draft.....His Pro Day will give us all a better understanding on what round he will get drafted in.....

He has the size, strength and the stones to handle NTs....Thats what I like....I would draft him in the 4th round....Why not?

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    You can't have too many OL because you never know when you'll need them. He sounds like he'd need some polishing but hey if he's there in the 4th round I would certainly be happy if we jumped at the chance too.

Legursky=Hank Fraley. Legursky could be a solid, dependable center. He should be above average, but his physical tools might prohibit him from ever being great.

i thought he'd be to fat but the article suggests otherwise lol

My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by darnik44 View Post
    Legursky=Hank Fraley. Legursky could be a solid, dependable center. He should be above average, but his physical tools might prohibit him from ever being great.
    Right now the Steelers don't have a solid dependable center....Mahan isn't the answer.....I know some in the Steelers brass is high on Stapleton....I thin Legursky could be a solid pro and I'm not expecting him to be great....

SA's Bouncer
    My Mood
    Addicted
    Legursky is also football smart which for a C is a real big plus. He also played both C and G in the Hula Bowl, which helped him out quite a bit.

If you don’t stand behind our troops.....Please feel free to stand in front of them!!!

"Give me a 6 pack, half hour of rest and lets go play them again....We can beat them."
    --Jack Lambert

"They say that when you're the champs, everybody will try to beat you. Well, I'm glad we're the champs, so bring 'em on, bring 'em all on. If we die, we ain't gonna die running. It's gonna be a fight."
    --Joe Greene

My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by DIESELMAN View Post
    Legursky is also football smart which for a C is a real big plus. He also played both C and G in the Hula Bowl, which helped him out quite a bit.
    Good point on the football smarts.....

SA's Bouncer
    My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
    Good point on the football smarts.....
    Thanks Bro It will definitely come in to play when the C makes the line adjustments.

If you don’t stand behind our troops.....Please feel free to stand in front of them!!!

"Give me a 6 pack, half hour of rest and lets go play them again....We can beat them."
    --Jack Lambert

"They say that when you're the champs, everybody will try to beat you. Well, I'm glad we're the champs, so bring 'em on, bring 'em all on. If we die, we ain't gonna die running. It's gonna be a fight."
    --Joe Greene

Thread Information