Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Who should be the next Steeler ?

Bookmark and Share

Who should be the next Steeler ?

Pimp your picks !!!

SA's Bouncer
    My Mood
    Addicted
    Moved this to the War Room.

If you donít stand behind our troops.....Please feel free to stand in front of them!!!

"Give me a 6 pack, half hour of rest and lets go play them again....We can beat them."
    --Jack Lambert

"They say that when you're the champs, everybody will try to beat you. Well, I'm glad we're the champs, so bring 'em on, bring 'em all on. If we die, we ain't gonna die running. It's gonna be a fight."
    --Joe Greene

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Chris Williams or Brandon Albert......The bigger need is an OT (especially a LT) which Williams is......But he might not be there.....So Albert would be my next choice unless somehow Ryan Clady fell to 23.....The Steelers need to upgrade their OL and one of those guys would be a welcomed addition....

williams or cherilus

My Mood
    Frustrated
    With all the signings going on we just might get Chris Williams! BUT, is OT a bigger need than gaurd???

If only we could trade up and draft Jake Long................
    ...............since we won't I'll take Brandon Albert

"When Gotham is ashes, you have my permission to die."

Jake Long is more RT anyway since he struggles a bit with the speed rush. I really like Chris Williams. Still not sold on Albert.

Gold Standard

Why settle

When you can have all 3.

I think it is very possible that we could come away with all the O-line needs met with the first 3 picks.

1st round, pick 23: I believe that we can come away with either Ryan Clady or Chris Williams. I don't believe that they will BOTH be gone through 22 picks.

2nd round, pick 54: Branden Albert or Philip Merling would both bring a smile to my face. I don't see the LG position as a more critical need than LT. We have Willie Colon who is a guard trying to play tackle and we have Chris Kemoeatu. Marvel is getting older and can easily slide over to RT and let our new stud guard Ben's blindside.

3rd round, pick 85: This is where I want Kory Lichtensteiger. He is a real road grater who can move people off the line of scrimmage. I want a power center who can part the D-Tackles like Moses parted the red sea. I am tired of watching Mahans *** reach the ball carrier at the same time the ball does. We cannot expect any degree of success next year without a new face at center. Maybe Darnell Stapleton is the answer, maybe not. We can't take the chance of not having another option besides Mahan aka Turnstile.

Remaining needs: Kick returner, linebacker depth, defensive end depth, running back depth.

With these kinds of changes I believe the Steelers could enjoy continued success in the 08 season. Woodley upgrades the linebacking corps and can help Silverback bring more pressure on opposing QB's. We still have Timmons looking to crack the starting line-up. We need to find a replacement for Kiesel who is just not starter material. The secondary can wait until next year for help IMO. They have enough able bodies to play well for another year.

With the infusion of youth into the O-line you could expect a rejuvenated running game with some real running lanes opening up. Sure they are going to blow an occasional assignment and look bad, thats part of the growing process. But they will learn and they will get better. By end of season we could have solidified a great O-line for years to come.
    http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/daily/site_082009/home.parcoltop11.35513.ImageFile.jpg

SA's Bouncer
    My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackGold4vr View Post
    When you can have all 3.

I think it is very possible that we could come away with all the O-line needs met with the first 3 picks.

1st round, pick 23: I believe that we can come away with either Ryan Clady or Chris Williams. I don't believe that they will BOTH be gone through 22 picks.

2nd round, pick 54: Branden Albert or Philip Merling would both bring a smile to my face. I don't see the LG position as a more critical need than LT. We have Willie Colon who is a guard trying to play tackle and we have Chris Kemoeatu. Marvel is getting older and can easily slide over to RT and let our new stud guard Ben's blindside.

3rd round, pick 85: This is where I want Kory Lichtensteiger. He is a real road grater who can move people off the line of scrimmage. I want a power center who can part the D-Tackles like Moses parted the red sea. I am tired of watching Mahans *** reach the ball carrier at the same time the ball does. We cannot expect any degree of success next year without a new face at center. Maybe Darnell Stapleton is the answer, maybe not. We can't take the chance of not having another option besides Mahan aka Turnstile.

Remaining needs: Kick returner, linebacker depth, defensive end depth, running back depth.

With these kinds of changes I believe the Steelers could enjoy continued success in the 08 season. Woodley upgrades the linebacking corps and can help Silverback bring more pressure on opposing QB's. We still have Timmons looking to crack the starting line-up. We need to find a replacement for Kiesel who is just not starter material. The secondary can wait until next year for help IMO. They have enough able bodies to play well for another year.

With the infusion of youth into the O-line you could expect a rejuvenated running game with some real running lanes opening up. Sure they are going to blow an occasional assignment and look bad, thats part of the growing process. But they will learn and they will get better. By end of season we could have solidified a great O-line for years to come.
    Very well stated. The only thing I'm not sure about and I doubt even the FO isn't sure of it either, is the secondary. Clark is out and who knows if he comes back, Smith has issues, which I hope hes workin on, Carter is old and slow, Troy is, well I'll put it nicely, Troy isn't Troy. Ike had a better year but he needs to get one of those football pitching machines and set it up in his back yard. McFadden can always move to FS if he doesn't get a starting gig next year. You can never have enough secondary help.

If you donít stand behind our troops.....Please feel free to stand in front of them!!!

"Give me a 6 pack, half hour of rest and lets go play them again....We can beat them."
    --Jack Lambert

"They say that when you're the champs, everybody will try to beat you. Well, I'm glad we're the champs, so bring 'em on, bring 'em all on. If we die, we ain't gonna die running. It's gonna be a fight."
    --Joe Greene

My Mood
    Frustrated
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackGold4vr View Post
    When you can have all 3.

I agree with you on what out needs are, but I just don't think Albert will be there in the 2nd and I don't really know much about Merling. So why not go with Justice in the 2nd and Chilo Rachal in the 3rd?

Thread Information