Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anderson won't get big money from clowns until 2009

Bookmark and Share
    Space Invaders Champion, Asteroids Champion NOVA STEELERS's Avatar
    My Mood
    Wicked

Anderson won't get big money from clowns until 2009

The Columbus Dispatch repoorted the details of the three-year, $24 million contract signed by quaterback Derek Anderson.

What stands out most is the huge roster bonus of $5 million due before the 2009 season. This confirms everyone's suspicion that Cleveland's two-quarterback system is a one-year experiment. The clows will not pay Anderson a $5 million roster bonus next year unless they are convinced he is their long-term solution at quarterback. If not, the clowns likely will make a trade and turn to Brady Quinn. Of course, all of this hinges on Anderson's performance in 2008.

The deal includes a $7 million signing bonus; a roster bonus of $5 million due before the 2009 season.; another roster bonus of $2 million is due before the 2010 season; Pro Bowl and performance incentives that total $1 million.

Nice to see the uncertainty of the situation

First of it the Browns not clowns and this is a great contract for the team. Brady will be our guy and the Browns are making some great moves right now.

Pro Bowl #2 and Counting JoeThomas's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Brady Quinn View Post
    First of it the Browns not clowns and this is a great contract for the team. Brady will be our guy and the Browns are making some great moves right now.
    exactly, the BROWNS did the right thing by taking the guy who led them to the exact same record as the steelers and saying your our guy. but even anderson knows he is just keeping the seat warm, and im ok with that. plus why would DA turn down more money?
    Last edited by JoeThomas; 03-07-2008 at 10:57 AM. Reason: added more

2nd String
    1 st of all f*** the clowns an there moves they allways over pay old people, why r we worried about the clowns sorry assesthat's 4 u clowns an ur fans go back an post on ur own raggedy site, i 4 one could give an rats azzzzzzzzzz bout what the clowns r doing when we play them were gonna bitch slap them twice anyways, so again here's 2 u clowns an ur fans

Eat my a** jerk. If you cannot handle a conversation that is not about what you believe in dont get involved. So dont be a bi**h! So F you jerk!

dont worry....hes a retard.

i think DA will fail before long and brady will get in there where he belongs. it was his dumbass that had to hold out and lose that opportunity. but face it....DA is not anything special.

I agree we have very talented skilled players around him with a great line so they made him look better than he was. Brady will be our guy it is just a matter of time. It might take longer than we want for that to happen because of the players around DA. Our line is as good as any in football and our receivers and tightend are as good as anyone so it is hard for DA to look bad.

i just cant help but think quinn would be awesome...he wont sit on the bench for more than another year and i truely expect anderson to fail, but in the case he has a similar year to last year...i dont think quinn is gonna be around in the future

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by black an gold 4 life View Post
    1 st of all f*** the clowns an there moves they allways over pay old people, why r we worried about the clowns sorry assesthat's 4 u clowns an ur fans go back an post on ur own raggedy site, i 4 one could give an rats azzzzzzzzzz bout what the clowns r doing when we play them were gonna bitch slap them twice anyways, so again here's 2 u clowns an ur fans

Ok the Steelers fan started it by calling them clowns.....All Brady Quinn did was stick up for his team and did it in a mature manner.....So don't understand what this post is about? Nice way to keep it classy...lol

Spectator
    My Mood
    Happy
    Quote Originally Posted by Brady Quinn View Post
    I agree we have very talented skilled players around him with a great line so they made him look better than he was. Brady will be our guy it is just a matter of time. It might take longer than we want for that to happen because of the players around DA. Our line is as good as any in football and our receivers and tightend are as good as anyone so it is hard for DA to look bad.
    I don't know, he had some pretty good players around him in the ProBowl and he flat out sucked and cost the AFC that game.
    "It is hard to wait around for something that you know may never happen;but it's even harder to let go when it's everything you want"
    -unknown

Thread Information