Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What's the Purpose of continually parading FA's...**Salary Cap Update

Bookmark and Share
    Spectator
    My Mood
    Happy

What's the Purpose of continually parading FA's...**Salary Cap Update

Steelers meeting with free-agent safety Chris Crocker

The Steelers are meeting with free-agent safety Chris Crocker today at their South Side practice facility.

Crocker, a free safety, had a career-high three interceptions for the Falcons last season and was credited with 55 tackles.
    A third-round pick by the Browns in 2003, Crocker played three seasons in Cleveland before getting traded to Atlanta. The 5-11, 192-pounder turns 28 on Sunday. Crocker is the second safety to visit the Steelers this week as the team hosted Eugene Wilson on Tuesday
    They continue to tell up that we are Cap strap but they bring guys in.

Do they think that maybe they will find someone elses throwback worth paying a few hundred K too. Hell, you can get that in the draft. Even may snag a diamond.

Like mentioned in another thread, tendering Starks might have been very dumb thing to do, only time will tell.....

I personally sure would like to know what kind of offers they are trying to give these guy. They certain must be trying to blackball them for them to just up and walk away.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    They will always bring in guys just to evaluate them and see if any of them are a vast improvement over what we currently have on the roster, or in case they do decide to make a move and release someone or restructure a deal they know what it's really available out there after having spoke with them.

In regards to safety they are just keeping their options open since Clark is still recovering and Carter had a not so good year last year. I like Carter but he just didn't play well when we needed him, I wouldn't mind releasing him and signing Wilson or Crocker for an all out competition in camp.

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Quote Originally Posted by TOP GUN View Post
    They will always bring in guys just to evaluate them and see if any of them are a vast improvement over what we currently have on the roster, or in case they do decide to make a move and release someone or restructure a deal they know what it's really available out there after having spoke with them.

In regards to safety they are just keeping their options open since Clark is still recovering and Carter had a not so good year last year. I like Carter but he just didn't play well when we needed him, I wouldn't mind releasing him and signing Wilson or Crocker for an all out competition in camp.
    carter didn't play well?? i could've sworn we had a couple of our best secondary games when he started and troy was in street clothes......
    "SA, it's more than a FEVER it's an ADDICTION" -BlacknGold Bleeder

carter played fantastic, your all just mad cause he missed a tackle on garrard...on a play that never even should have happened cause we had it locked up

Born in Uniontwon P.A. ready to get back to the Pittsburgh area by 2017
    My Mood
    Horny
    Besides we need some tackling dummies for our Not So Special , Special Teams

**** Formerly Clevestinks!****
    i como enormes senos

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Carter played ok in the regular season, I was quite pleased with him...but late in the year and in the playoffs he got torched. It wasn't just the missed tackle against Jax, he was out of position and missing tackles the last few weeks of the year. It's clear the team is looking at options at this position based on the safety play overall last year that was inconsistent from all of them.
    Last edited by BlitzburghRockCity; 03-06-2008 at 03:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Clevestinks View Post
    Besides we need some tackling dummies for our Not So Special , Special Teams
    That pretty much sums up my opinion.

Carter is a good option for back up, but with Smith/Clark battling for a starting job, Carter better provide some serious ST's duties if he wants to stay around... with all the safeties were bringing in i think "sawed-off" may be trade bait!!!!

2nd String
    man they must not have faith in clark coming back at 100%, but we could use an up grade of depth at the position, i'm wondering if they don't sign an FA will they pick that cat from miami if he's their n the 1st round?

theres better choices out there than kenny phillips who will be a first rounder because hes a safety from miami

Thread Information