Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Steelers tender offer to WR Washington

Bookmark and Share

Steelers tender offer to WR Washington

Steelers tender offer to WR Washington
    Thursday, February 28, 2008
    By Ed Bouchette, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

The Steelers issued a one-year contract tender today of $1,417,000 to wide receiver Nate Washington, a restricted free agent, Washington's agent, Tom Tafelski, said.

By doing so, the Steelers not only maintain their rights to match any contract Washington might sign with another team, starting tomorrow, but they would receive a second-round draft pick in return if they decline to match.

The Steelers have four other potential restricted free agents: offensive tackle Trai Essex, guard Chris Kemoeatu, long-snapper Greg Warren, and linebacker Andre Frazier.

The club had to decide whether to issue tenders and at what level to each of those by yesterday. There was no immediate word on tenders regarding the others besides Washington.
    Post-Gazette

1.5 Million! Nobody in their right mind would offer Mr. Stonehands that kind of money!!!

My Mood
    Angry
    Quote Originally Posted by AZ_Steeler View Post
    1.5 Million! Nobody in their right mind would offer Mr. Stonehands that kind of money!!!
    I have to agree with you there!!
    Nate is on the verge of Bumhood and not worth that kind of money.

Quote Originally Posted by AZ_Steeler View Post
    I might, depending on the draft. Washington is a good receiver IMO, and he did have his moments. Off the top of my head I'm pretty sure he had two touchdowns against the ravens, in our throwbacks, and against the Rams. Although 1.5 mil is stretching it pretty far.
    Last edited by V_83; 02-28-2008 at 04:52 PM.

Tailgate Coordinator
    Nate isn't as bad as everybody says he is, every WR in the league drops a few passes.Now, is he worth that much? Maybe not, but if he signs maybe the Steelers renegotiate afterwards.
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    [AutoMerged Post Below]
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    Updated:

Steelers tender offer to four players
    Thursday, February 28, 2008
    By Ed Bouchette, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

The Steelers issued a one-year contract tender today of $1,417,000 to wide receiver Nate Washington, a restricted free agent, Washington's agent, Tom Tafelski, said.

They also issued tenders to three others: offensive tackle Trai Essex, guard Chris Kemoeatu, and long-snapper Greg Warren. They did not make one to linebacker Andre Frazier, thus making him an unrestricted free agent.

The Steelers refused to divulge publicly the amount of the tenders issued to each player, although they must set those amounts when they report the moves to the NFL today.

The amount of the tenders is important because it will determine what compensation the Steelers receive if a player signs elsewhere and they decline to match. The amounts of the one-year tenders can range from $2,562,000 to $927,000 and the compensation can range from first- and third-round draft picks to none.

By giving Washington his tender, the Steelers not only maintain their rights to match any contract he might sign with another team, starting tomorrow, but they would receive a second-round draft pick in return if they decline to match.

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/08059/861232-66.stm
    Last edited by Stlrs4Life; 02-28-2008 at 04:59 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I'm A "Champion"

Born in Uniontwon P.A. ready to get back to the Pittsburgh area by 2017
    My Mood
    Horny
    I`m on the fence here, I wish he were better, but he is a lower option

**** Formerly Clevestinks!****
    i como enormes senos

i love it....

he may not be the most polished WR, but the skills, the work ethic and the all around potential is all there....the dude makes plays and opens **** up. he doesnt have hands of stone and thats an inaccurate label, some of you are to hard him but he brings alot to the table and is only gonna get better as he plays more

Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    he may not be the most polished WR, but the skills, the work ethic and the all around potential is all there....the dude makes plays and opens shiat up. he doesnt have hands of stone and thats an inaccurate label, some of you are to hard him but he brings alot to the table and is only gonna get better as he plays more
    Exactly what I was thinking.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Nate is the fastest player on the team and he makes some circus catches. Granted he's normally followed those up with a drop right in his hands but this year he showed some real potential. If he continues to commit himself he might really blossom into something for us. This is a move by the FO that shows confidence in Nate and also allows them a safety net if another team does offer him more money and he leaves. I really don't see anybody else giving him that much so yeah he'll be back with us and they'll probably use this year as the real barometer for him to see if he'll get an nice big deal after the 2008 season.

Thread Information