Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Suggestions to honor Myron Cope...Update**Petition**

Bookmark and Share

Suggestions to honor Myron Cope...Update**Petition**

I know this is really quick and Myron Cope just died, but last night on the nightly sports call a conversation came up about how the steelers will honor Myron Cope next season. I was wondering what ideas any of you guys had.

Bob Pompeani suggested on the jerseys placing a terrible towel. I like this idea and it would show respect to Myron since he was the one that came up with the terrible towel in the first place.

One guy said last night to change one of the roads in pittsburgh to Myron Cope drive or whatever. I don't know if this will happen but it is a good idea.

My thought is that if they don't want to or not aloud or even if they put the terrible towel on the jerseys maybe they could paint a terrible towel on the field at hines field to honor him.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    I don't think the team would put a towel on the jersey but it would be cool, but I could definitely see them putting a terrible towel sticker on the back of their helmets to honor Myron.

They'll probably have a moment of silence before the home opener and perhaps put something more in the Coca Cola Great Hall.

i'd love to see them put a big terrible towel in the "Pittsburgh" end zone.

GIANT 50' BY 100' Towel unfurled opening day....on field while tribute is played...tribute of JUST myron's sound bites, and video montage...thru the years celebrating the longest tenure of any braodcaster and his allegance to his team....

"Like a midget at a urinal, I knew I had to be on my toes." - Lt. Frank Drevin

How about raise a Terrible Towel flag kind of how the Seahawks do with their 12th man flag

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    I wish they would have some sort of ring of honor or something at Heinz besides the Great Hall, but we have so many players and coaches that would be on it that we'd have filled it up long before now

Maybe they'll do a special "Copes Cabanna" this season ?

..:: SIXBURGH ::..
    Quote Originally Posted by AZ_Steeler View Post
    How about raise a Terrible Towel flag kind of how the Seahawks do with their 12th man flag
    I like that idea. Doubtful they'd do it. I also like the renaming of a road. Maybe one near the stadium. Like they did for the walrus in Green Bay.

BIG FAT ARKIESTEEL
    I think all of these are great ideas......maybe a Cope TT

Chairman of the Board Iron City South's Avatar
    I think from the top of Heinz Field should fly the largest Terrible Towel ever made. In fact, I think a new pre-game tradition should be started which would be dubbed "Raising of the Towel"

Basically, it would go something like this ..... prior to the start of each home game played at Heinz Field, a special Steeler guest would be given the honor of "Hoisting the Towel" up on it's rightful flagpole high above the stadium. I think it would be a great tribute to Myron and it would also be fun for the fans and a good way to get the players "pumped up" .... a psycological boost if you will.

The towel would signify the Steelers "spirit of excellence" during the game and would be taken down after each game. Like I said, the flag would only fly when football was being played on the field.

Might as well make homefield advantage that much more intimidating, right?
    Last edited by Iron City South; 02-28-2008 at 03:23 PM.
    "The most interesting man on SA ... stay thirsty my friends"

Tailgate Coordinator
    As long as they do something. Lot of these ideas are pretty good.

I'm A "Champion"

Quote Originally Posted by Iron City South View Post
    I think from the top of Heinz Field should fly the largest Terrible Towel ever made. In fact, I think a new pre-game tradition should be started which would be dubbed "Raising of the Towel"

Basically, it would go something like this ..... prior to the start of each home game played at Heinz Field, a special Steeler guest would be given the honor of "Hoisting the Towel" up on it's rightful flagpole high above the stadium. I think it would be a great tribute to Myron and it would also be fun for the fans and a good way to get the players "pumped up" .... a psycological boost if you will.

The towel would signify the Steelers "spirit of excellence" during the game and would be taken down after each game. Like I said, the flag would only fly when football was being played on the field.

Might as well make homefield advantage that much more intimidating, right?
    I like this idea!

Just when the flag reached the top, those bells should start playing (Im not sure when they actually play or what it actually is.. I've heard them in a few NFL movies and i've heard it on Heinz Field a lot of times.. Sounds pretty damn neat) and the players should enter the stadium.. That would be terrifying for the other team and i know that i for one would be pumped! Hopefully the players would aswell.. It would really bring a badass mood!
    However much you think you know about football, rest assured that Skip Bayless knows more!

Thread Information