Thread: Pens trade for Hossa

Tailgate Coordinator

Post Pens trade for Hossa

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pitt...rce=rss&feed=8

Seems like a very expensive trade by the Pens. Maybe we gave up a little too much. We'll miss Armstrong.
    Last edited by Stlrs4Life; 02-26-2008 at 06:28 PM.

In terms of talent we got a steal. Hossa will be more productive than Crusher and Army combined. But I too will really miss Colby. Not just as a player, but he seemed like a really cool guy. Hopefully he'll be a free agent soon and we can bring him back.
    Who Ride?! WE RIDE!!! Long live the Boot!!!

"I'll always be a Steeler" - Joey Porter
    "Once a Steeler, always a Steeler" - Kordell Stewart

Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    i think we should make willie parker eat lots and lots of cake so we have a power running game

#1 Hater of the other 30 SteelCityMan786's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelerFan87 View Post
    In terms of talent we got a steal. Hossa will be more productive than Crusher and Army combined. But I too will really miss Colby. Not just as a player, but he seemed like a really cool guy. Hopefully he'll be a free agent soon and we can bring him back.
    if he is one, I want Ray to sign him back. You got to have the guys who can brighten up the locker room. Of course Max can do that to.

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Personally I think it's a lot to give up esp since Hossa is a UFA July 1st I believe. So to use Hossa for just for the rest of this season we gave up 2 first round kids(Armstong,Esposito)a third rounder(Christensen) and a future first round pick. Just hope it don't come back to bite us in the butt.

Reppin' 724
    Wow, I saw we made this trade, but I really can't believe we mortgaged future cups, to make a run at this one. I really believe they will sign Hossa long term though.

Hopefully we will get a chance to get Armstrong back, he seems to be a glue for the team.

My Mood
    Addicted
    What a huge deal! Great job Shero!

Space Invaders Champion, Asteroids Champion NOVA STEELERS's Avatar
    My Mood
    Wicked
    22. Pittsburgh Penguins – Grade: D+: No one can accuse the Penguins of being shy at the deadline. Pittsburgh changed more than any team by adding three players and deleting two from the roster and one from the pipeline and parting with three draft picks in two separate deals. Pittsburgh got rental Marian Hossa to play alongside either Evgeni Malkin or Sidney Crosby. They got versatile and dependable Pascal Dupuis in the same deal with Atlanta but surrendered young, popular teammates Colby Armstrong and Erik Christensen and prospect Angelo Esposito. You have to wonder what team chemistry will form out of all these moves. In addition, Hal Gill comes aboard to add size and a physical element on defense. First-, second- and fifth-round picks were dealt away.

The experts don't think it was that great of a deal

Tailgate Coordinator
    Depends on who the experts are, others are saying they got the deal of the day.

I'm A "Champion"

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    I was totally blown away by this deal when I heard bout it, it's unlike a Pittsburgh team to make such a bold move so hopefully this pans out. Giving up early round picks like that is so risky, as is messing with the Chemistry of a team mid season. There's still plenty of time for this revamped until to come together but if this season goes south and the Pens lose in the playoffs everyone will look to this deal as the reason.

Thread Information