Thread: interesting article on Otah...he is a local product..

Bookmark and Share

Hybrid View

interesting article on Otah...he is a local product..

http://www.delawareonline.com/apps/p...=2008802240368

Otah's destiny shaped by football
    William Penn grad finds niche, eyes NFL
    By GEOFF MOSHER, The News Journal

Posted Sunday, February 24, 2008

Offensive lineman Jeff Otah (left) holds off Kory Lichtensteiger during a drill at the NFL combine on Saturday.

AP/MICHAEL CONROY
    INDIANAPOLIS -- Looking back, Patricia Otah should have known her son was on to something.

She'd pick up Jeff Otah at the airport, and he'd say the silliest things. Once, Jeff asked her if she'd like to travel around the world. Another time, he asked for a new car. Patricia said she'd buy him one upon his college graduation, but she'd have to tap into her 401(k). Jeff would crack up.

"He said, 'Mom......

from william penn hs in new castle del where my friend coaches wrestling...amazing Otah only played 3 varsity games!!!...loads of natural talent...his career really took of with the instruction he recieved at Pitt
    interesting point...delaware has only had 4 first rounders....3 have been left tackles...
    "Like a midget at a urinal, I knew I had to be on my toes." - Lt. Frank Drevin

i hate otah hes a fat ****ing slob who will never make anything of himself in the pros, hes got ****** footwork and terrible leverage...he will get pushed around

Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    i hate otah hes a fat ****ing slob who will never make anything of himself in the pros, hes got shiatty footwork and terrible leverage...he will get pushed around
    wow, i haven't followed him THAT closely...the guy only played 3 varsity games in HS...i was wondering what happened a pitt to make everyone so high on him...he won't be a steeler anyway

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    i hate otah hes a fat ****ing slob who will never make anything of himself in the pros, hes got shiatty footwork and terrible leverage...he will get pushed around
    Teams are still all over him and he'll go in the first round though. If he can control that massive frame of his and use his leverage to his advantage he'll be a beast. He's in probably the best class of Tackles to enter the draft in a long time and somebody will pay him the big bucks but he does have his work cut out for him when you measure him up against his peers.

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    I would want Williams or Cherilus over Otah.......I would also take Carl Nicks or the Collins kid from Kansas over Otah.....

id rather have brandon albert playing tackle over otah...fat piece of ****

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    id rather have brandon albert playing tackle over otah...fat piece of shiat
    I agree....I was just naming OTs I want over Otah....I wouldn't mind Brandon Albert at 23 either if Williams and Cherilus are gone.....That would be the three OL that I want at 23.....This is of course with thinking Ryan Clady would be gone already....If Clady is there I would want him also....

But DL is an option also at 23......But just read on Steelers fever that the Steelers are going to pursue Justin Smith in free agency which would be sweet....There wasn't a link so thats why I didn't make a thread yet.......When I find a link then I will post it....
    Last edited by Black@Gold Forever32; 02-25-2008 at 06:08 PM.

if justin smith came in and we paid him nicely....i would be ok with that...he wont come cheap, but who does? sean mahan?

i wasn't endorsing the dude, i just thought it was cool he was from just up the highway...and interesting that I played more in HS than he did....it's not like he is going to end up here anyway....i like williams, gozder and hope one is available...

Thread Information