Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Steelers may not take offensive lineman in first round

Bookmark and Share
    i just want a badass...thats all lol, i dont care what he does as long as he lights it up and makes us better

Quote Originally Posted by TOP GUN View Post
    http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pitt.../s_554101.html

The Steelers are usually pretty good at not tipping their hat on who they are going after especially in the early rounds. They love to send up smoke screens or just stay tight lipped and keep everybody guessing until it's their time to pick. No problem there, it's good draft strategy to keep people guessing and Im sure the team knows full well who they want in the 1st round and who their other options are if that player is taken.

So help me God if this team goes anything other than OL or DL in the first round Im going to throw a fit..I mean comon how much more obvious does it have to be here...drafting well is a science but it doesn't take a rocket one to realize where the needs are on this team plain and simple and it starts up front on both sides.
    you mean you don't want another punter?
    RIDICULOUSLY good looking...

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Sep was the best day 2 draft pick this team has had in 5 years..atleast that I can recall of the top of my head. Everybody else was just yet more training camp fodder with the exception of Gay who really made some good plays and showed solid potential for us on special teams and in the limited action he saw on the field on defense.

I have NO idea why people are still complaining over Sep. Like Goose (from the movie because I am sure most of you will not get that) said, he is one of the few 2nd day picks to do anything recently. Other than a few mistakes, which I expect from a rookie, he was solid. If you were on the Barr bandwagon, he absolutely blowed in the desert. Gardocki sucked as well.

im the d-sep connection to this site....that might have been before your time here though lol

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    D-Sep will be even better this year.....He did punt alot this year...lol His leg was tired....But he was one of the best at placement punting all year...

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
    D-Sep will be even better this year.....He did punt alot this year...lol His leg was tired....But he was one of the best at placement punting all year...
    That's what we've been lacking for so long, having the best of both worlds. We've either had a guy who had a leg like jello but could place it on a hashmark inside the 20 or a guy who couldn't place it to save his life but had a leg like a cannon. DSep will make the pro bowl in 2008 !

SA's Bouncer
    My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
    He had 8 games where he punted 5 times or more, break it down even more, he had 68 punts and only 17 were returned, 9 went out of bounds, 12 were downed, 2 touchbacks and 28 were inside the 20. He is only going to get better, hell the Lee guy from SF that we were trying to get had 42 Inside the 20 and hes been in the league for 4-5 years.

If you don’t stand behind our troops.....Please feel free to stand in front of them!!!

"Give me a 6 pack, half hour of rest and lets go play them again....We can beat them."
    --Jack Lambert

"They say that when you're the champs, everybody will try to beat you. Well, I'm glad we're the champs, so bring 'em on, bring 'em all on. If we die, we ain't gonna die running. It's gonna be a fight."
    --Joe Greene

Thread Information