Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 2008 NFL Combine Updates: QB, RB and WR

Bookmark and Share
    Reppin' 724
    Lol...how in the hell did Manningham go that ****ing slow?

He always seemed to be running by people on the field.

he will do better at michigans pro day...he has to lol

i didnt think charles was that fast. mcfadden is a beast. ive heard good things about chauncey washington...and chris johnson is a fast little ****er

My Mood
    Frustrated
    Quote Originally Posted by DIESELMAN View Post
    I stand corrected, I taped todays events, came back home and watched it. Johnson must have ran that 4.24 on a commercial beak. I'm at the end of the combine doing all the RB drill and they showed the 40 times and there it was...Johnson 4.24....My fault bro.
    No big deal bub... You're doing a great service to us all!
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    [AutoMerged Post Below]
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    i didnt think charles was that fast. mcfadden is a beast. ive heard good things about chauncey washington...and chris johnson is a fast little ****er
    Dude, I can't help but think the if all the OTs are gone by 23, we need to trade back(with ATL) and take Albert, Johnson then Dre Moore.....
    Last edited by MDSteel15; 02-24-2008 at 11:01 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    Man, id be happy as hell if we got Chris Johnson!!! I have been watching every tape on him that i could find!!! As a feature/ no.1 back, im not entirely sold only due to his size in comparison to MJD and Reggie Bush. As a 3rd down back, passing formations, change of pace and return man this dude is every bit worth a second round pick!!!!

My Mood
    Frustrated
    Quote Originally Posted by steelcitysfinestXL View Post
    Man, id be happy as hell if we got Chris Johnson!!! I have been watching every tape on him that i could find!!! As a feature/ no.1 back, im not entirely sold only due to his size in comparison to MJD and Reggie Bush. As a 3rd down back, passing formations, change of pace and return man this dude is every bit worth a second round pick!!!!
    Yeah, but could you imagine Stewart falling in our laps???

I am not completely opposed to drafting a running back, I just feel that the lines and Defensive Back are much more pressing needs.
    At RB I like BenJarvus Green-Ellis, Omar Cuff, Ray Rice, the kid from Michigan State (cannot remember his name. I think he was like 6'-0''. Big back is not necessary but I think he culd compliment Willie P well), and Chris Johnson. I do not think that drafting a backup is a good idea in the 2nd round, which s my only qualm with Johnson.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Limas Sweed and Malcom Kelly should both be there when we pick and it wouldn't surprise me the more I think about it for them to take one of those guys. Depending on how the OL & DL prospects go off the board and who all they feel will be available in the 2nd round it's not such a bad idea to take one. Ward can be the possession, go to, clutch guy, and we have 2 young great guys taking over who can stretch the field and make big plays.

i think sweed guaranteed himself a top 15 spot and kelly didnt do much hes waiting for the pro day....im pretty sure these guys go over jackson who weighed in 3 pounds lighter and 4 inches shorter than expected lol

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    they'll both definitely go 1st round but Sweed might fall to us because most of the teams that do need help at WR like Chicago, Jets, Saints, Bills, etc all need help in other areas so it's a good possibility we could see atleast 1 of them fall into our laps.

If there is a huge run on OT's before us and we don't get a chance to get one of the top guys then maybe WR isn't such a bad idea...having said that if there are still a couple big guys sitting there waiting for us then we probably can't pass them up.

Thread Information