Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 15 of 15

Thread: Another OT.....

          
   
   
    Bookmark and Share
  1. #11
    Spectator
    Captcoolhand's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    N.E. Ohio
    Posts
    11,362
    My Mood
    Happy
    Quote Originally Posted by TOP GUN View Post
    Center is a position we never had to worry about for the last 35 years or whatever because we've always had that franchise guy that you knew could hold his own and anchor the line. Now that Hartings is gone we can't play musical centers anymore or get a 2nd rate guy that we hope will work. Mahan won that job last summer mainly because the competition for the job wasn't anything spectacular and nobody really stepped up to take the job so he ended up with it..plus he got a nice contract which didn't hurt either. If they are smart they'll find the right now this year and keep him around for a good long time otherwise the other 4 positions will be hampered once again.
    I was just thinking the same thing....This is Mahans first season here after signing a 5yr,17million dollar contract.
    If they don't get him back to the position he is best suited for, we are going to have another ****** seaon with our O-line.
    You know they won't cut him because it would just cost way to much in penalties.

  2. #12
    Gold Standard
    BlackGold4vr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    China Lake, Ca
    Posts
    5,170
    I agree that center was our weakest link last year and I don't think we really want Mahan playing guard either. The same NT's and DT's that were owning him at center would still own him at guard. The two immediate needs for our O-line are at center to replace Mahan and LG to replace Faneca. After that we do need another competent tackle who can step in for Marvel who we all know has back problems. I like Colon, Simmons, Smith and Starks. Throw in a Darnell Stapleton or a Kory Lichtensteiger at center and we could be set. Mahan should be waived! Williams, Clady, Otah, Albert, Cherilus would all be good picks for us. Lichtensteiger would make a nice 4th round pick and would give us some more options at the center position.

    Last edited by BlackGold4vr; 02-23-2008 at 03:05 PM.
    http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/daily/site_082009/home.parcoltop11.35513.ImageFile.jpg

  3. #13
    SA's Bouncer
    DIESELMAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Brandenburg, Ky.
    Posts
    7,492
    My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by TOP GUN View Post
    Mahan won that job last summer mainly because the competition for the job wasn't anything spectacular and nobody really stepped up to take the job so he ended up with it..plus he got a nice contract which didn't hurt either.
    Your right, when the competiton is Chukky (6 year career backup), he is on his 2nd team since he got dropped here, go figure right? This is where the scouts step up and say "hey the guy you want is no good, we need to draft this guy" I got a feeling that Cowher over ruled a lot of picks cuz thats not who he wanted, now we're looking at DL age and depth problems and OL starter and depth problems.


    If you donít stand behind our troops.....Please feel free to stand in front of them!!!


    "Give me a 6 pack, half hour of rest and lets go play them again....We can beat them."
    --Jack Lambert

    "They say that when you're the champs, everybody will try to beat you. Well, I'm glad we're the champs, so bring 'em on, bring 'em all on. If we die, we ain't gonna die running. It's gonna be a fight."
    --Joe Greene

  4. #14
    SA's Bouncer
    DIESELMAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Brandenburg, Ky.
    Posts
    7,492
    My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by Captcoolhand View Post
    I was just thinking the same thing....This is Mahans first season here after signing a 5yr,17million dollar contract.
    If they don't get him back to the position he is best suited for, we are going to have another shiatty seaon with our O-line.
    You know they won't cut him because it would just cost way to much in penalties.
    You may be right but that would be the only reason he would be on the team...penalties

    Quote Originally Posted by BlackGold4vr
    Throw in a Darnell Stapleton or a Kory Lichtensteiger at center and we could be set. Mahan should be waived! Williams, Clady, Otah, Albert, Cherilus would all be good picks for us. Lichtensteiger would make a nice 4th round pick and would give us some more options at the center position.
    If Stapleton could put some extra weight on, who knows, can't be any worse then Mahan.


    If you donít stand behind our troops.....Please feel free to stand in front of them!!!


    "Give me a 6 pack, half hour of rest and lets go play them again....We can beat them."
    --Jack Lambert

    "They say that when you're the champs, everybody will try to beat you. Well, I'm glad we're the champs, so bring 'em on, bring 'em all on. If we die, we ain't gonna die running. It's gonna be a fight."
    --Joe Greene

  5. #15
    SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Michigan City, IN
    Posts
    12,977
    My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackGold4vr View Post
    I agree that center was our weakest link last year and I don't think we really want Mahan playing guard either. The same NT's and DT's that were owning him at center would still own him at guard. The two immediate needs for our O-line are at center to replace Mahan and RG to replace Faneca. After that we do need another competent tackle who can step in for Marvel who we all know has back problems. I like Colon, Simmons, Smith and Starks. Throw in a Darnell Stapleton or a Kory Lichtensteiger at center and we could be set. Mahan should be waived! Williams, Clady, Otah, Albert, Cherilus would all be good picks for us. Lichtensteiger would make a nice 4th round pick and would give us some more options at the center position.

    I agree I don't want Mahan starting period at OG or C...lol With his terrible play last season I don't think he would be much better at OG.......


    The Steelers need a center period.....You like Lichtensteiger and I have no problems with that pick either....But I'm big on Doug Legursky from Marshall....Plus Simmons or even Willie Colon might move to center also....I have read on various sites that both of them could be in the mix for the starting centers spot in 2008.....Colon will at least have to move to OG....He isn't a OT at the NFL level thats for sure...
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    [AutoMerged Post Below]
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    Quote Originally Posted by DIESELMAN View Post
    You may be right but that would be the only reason he would be on the team...penalties


    If Stapleton could put some extra weight on, who knows, can't be any worse then Mahan.
    Would have to agree with you on Stapleton......He couldn't be any worse then Mahan...lol
    Last edited by Black@Gold Forever32; 02-23-2008 at 03:08 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •