Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Steelers Want to Sign Guard Kemoeatu to a Long-Term Deal

Bookmark and Share
    SA Affiliate - Sports Jabber Deb's Avatar

Steelers Want to Sign Guard Kemoeatu to a Long-Term Deal

Steelers Want to Sign Guard Kemoeatu to a Long-Term Deal

With Alan Faneca closing in on free agency, the Steelers are working hard to come to terms on a multi-year deal with guard Chris Kemoeatu. The Pittsburgh Tribune Review is reporting in today’s edition that the Steelers and Kemoeatu’s agent are set to talk tomorrow after already talking earlier. Steelers lead negotiator Omar Khan will meet with agent Kenneth Vierra in person in Indy at the combines later this week.

Kemoeatu has just two starts in his three seasons with the Steelers, but he’s a restricted free agent, and the Steelers need guards bad with Faenca taking his game elsewhere. Chris was the Steelers fifth-round pick in 2005, and his agent said in the paper today that he assumes that Kemoeatu will be a starter on the Steelers line in 08. Last season he made $460,000, and if the team gives him a one-year tender he could earn up to $927,000.

LINK

i know how much Ktrain is gonna hate this... but i love it!!!! What everyone thinks Chris lacks in talent, i think he more than makes up for it in attitude!!!! He is a mean SOB who has played very well when he has been put into action including this year spelling Faneca!!!! No matter what we do in free agency or the draft this dude is gonna make a push to be a starter!!! He is a improvement over the now soft Kendall Simmons and with Faneca saying his good byes already, i think its a great possibility that Chris will be a starter for years to come!!! Atleast well be able to sya we got some value out of a 2nd day pick!!!!!!

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    They obviously feel Faneca is a done deal and won't be able to bring him back and the must think he's got some value. This deal will probably be for some significant money to ensure he stays away from RFA status. Doing this would allow them to hopefully be set at 1 G position this year. He normally backs up Simmons but I believe he can play both G positions. I think it's a smart move, Chris K is one mean SOB and hopefully he'll step up to the plate.

Reppin' 724
    This seems like more of a "holy **** we need some depth" move than anything else. I think Kemoeatu is a bit overrated. The dude is a career back-up, and a pretty good one, but he isn't a starter. He is nothing but a decent run blocker. If you guys bitched about Faneca's "lack" of pass-blocking talent, I can't wait to hear it this time next year when Chris is bitched about non-stop.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    It's partly a "holy ****" move because of the situation with our offensive line but also it's got to be about them thinking this kid can atleast be a serviceable backup if not a starter. He had a chance in the open competition last training camp to take over a spot on the line but with the team signing Simmons to a long term deal and Faneca still on the team I don't know how much of a realistic chance he had to taking over a spot on the line unless Simmons would have moved to Center.

At the very least we have a serviceable backup who can play both Guards and if we're lucky he'll be a guy to step up and take over one of the spots this year and play well.

Sure gonna HATE seeing Faneca in a Cards Uni next year... I guess its part of the game.....

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverback 92 View Post
    Sure gonna HATE seeing Faneca in a Cards Uni next year... I guess its part of the game.....
    I'd almost bet money that Whiz is licking his chops to get Faneca down there for an interview first thing on the day FA hits.

Satan's Helper SteelersfaninPhilly's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TOP GUN View Post
    I'd almost bet money that Whiz is licking his chops to get Faneca down there for an interview first thing on the day FA hits.

What interview? The process started at the pro bowl.

http://americanat.blogspot.com/

I'm blind, I'm deaf, I wanna be a ref! Get on your knees ref your blowing the game!

Big thank you to pa state Daryl Metcalfe. For doing the right thing.

It started when Russ Grimm went over to Arizona.

oh man, now we have the fat dude with anger problems locked up...were set

his attitude means nothing when he gets pummeled by defensive linemen

Thread Information