Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Brandon Albert, Mr. Tomlin we must..........

Bookmark and Share

Brandon Albert, Mr. Tomlin we must..........

..........draft

this

guy!

He is a bad-a$$! PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASE draft him!!!

"When Gotham is ashes, you have my permission to die."

not in the first, hes a guard and even though hes a giant guard....theres better options left at tackle...unless there is only sam baker available as far as top 5 guys

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    People need to get a clue.....Even though Faneca is leaving the bigger need is OT...lol Yea lets keep Willie Colon at RT who gave up like 10 sacks this year....Plus keep Marvel Smith who is better suited for RT at LT...lol

Move Colon to OG....Many seem to think he can make the transition to OG........Simmons will man the other OG spot..........Draft an OT.....a LT would be awesome.....Then try to find a center in the draft also.....

OT and center are the biggest needs on the team....Albert wouldn't be a bad pick....If best available at 23 then so be it....But I rather have OT or a DL in the first...Then if those positions have nothing of value at 23 then look at a WR or RB....Or a corner like Talib....

My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
    People need to get a clue.....Even though Faneca is leaving the bigger need is OT...lol Yea lets keep Willie Colon at RT who gave up like 10 sacks this year....Plus keep Marvel Smith who is better suited for RT at LT...lol

Move Colon to OG....Many seem to think he can make the transition to OG........Simmons will man the other OG spot..........Draft an OT.....a LT would be awesome.....Then try to find a center in the draft also.....

OT and center are the biggest needs on the team....Albert wouldn't be a bad pick....If best available at 23 then so be it....But I rather have OT or a DL in the first...Then if those positions have nothing of value at 23 then look at a WR or RB....Or a corner like Talib....
    Colon definitely needs to move to OG, his arms are to short for OT. You hear alot about OT's switching OG's but not the other way around. We definitely need a OT, trade up if we have to, especially if and when a run on OT's starts. If Albert is there in the 2nd, which I doubt by all means draft his big ***. I've watched tapes of this guy and hes a ****ing monster, especially pulling and steamrolling over everything in front of him.

If you donít stand behind our troops.....Please feel free to stand in front of them!!!

"Give me a 6 pack, half hour of rest and lets go play them again....We can beat them."
    --Jack Lambert

"They say that when you're the champs, everybody will try to beat you. Well, I'm glad we're the champs, so bring 'em on, bring 'em all on. If we die, we ain't gonna die running. It's gonna be a fight."
    --Joe Greene

My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by DIESELMAN View Post
    Colon definitely needs to move to OG, his arms are to short for OT. You hear alot about OT's switching OG's but not the other way around. We definitely need a OT, trade up if we have to, especially if and when a run on OT's starts. If Albert is there in the 2nd, which I doubt by all means draft his big ***. I've watched tapes of this guy and hes a ****ing monster, especially pulling and steamrolling over everything in front of him.
    If Albert is there in the 2nd then by all means draft the guy....That would be smart move...

My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
    If Albert is there in the 2nd then by all means draft the guy....That would be smart move...
    Most definitely but I doubt he'll be there in the 2nd, hes getting a lot of hype by Mayock but from a lot of other sites I go to, Albert is still ranked around 2-5 as a OG, so who knows really. I've seen a couple of mocks where we draft Williams in the 1st and Albert in the 2nd....How ****ing sweet would that be?

If you donít stand behind our troops.....Please feel free to stand in front of them!!!

"Give me a 6 pack, half hour of rest and lets go play them again....We can beat them."
    --Jack Lambert

"They say that when you're the champs, everybody will try to beat you. Well, I'm glad we're the champs, so bring 'em on, bring 'em all on. If we die, we ain't gonna die running. It's gonna be a fight."
    --Joe Greene

My Mood
    Addicted
    Here is a highlight video of Albert, he starts around 3:10 on the clip.

http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d806b5815

--Jack Lambert

--Joe Greene

My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by DIESELMAN View Post
    Most definitely but I doubt he'll be there in the 2nd, hes getting a lot of hype by Mayock but from a lot of other sites I go to, Albert is still ranked around 2-5 as a OG, so who knows really. I've seen a couple of mocks where we draft Williams in the 1st and Albert in the 2nd....How ****ing sweet would that be?
    If the Steelers landed Williams and Albert man I don't know what I would do....Probably do something crazy in excitement...lol

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Don't be surprised if the Steelers take a good long look at this kid, he's versatile enough to play both G and T and the team has always been a fan of guys that can play multiple positions.

Remember too the last 3 centers we've had before turnstyle this year...Webster, Dawson, and Hartings were all converted Guards at some point in the career so that means that Simmons might very well go to Center eliminating that particular need on draft day, atleast in their own minds, of getting a Center and allowing them to really concentrate on the other positions for big guys.

Im just saying I know we need a LT, Marvel is in the last year of his deal and he's been hurt a lot, Essex can enter FA and Starks is a FA so at this point the only T on the roster right now that is sure to be back next year is Colon and with the talk of moving him to possibly guard that mandates the need even more to take a true T or Albert could be versatile enough to play T like some teams are thinking of doing with him. The possibilities for this team on the OL are wide open this year so virtually any pick is going to be a plus. The way his stock is rising according to all the draft Guru's I don't think there's any way he'll make it to the 2nd round where we pick unless we move up to get him which I would love to see us do. Watch and see if we don't take Albert this year to take over for Faneca, move Simmons to Center and Colon to RG. Let Marvel finish out his contract with us and move Essex to RT. Stranger things have happened...

My Mood
    Mad
    Ok so we enter the season with just Smith and Essex at OT?....That would be very scary....lol

Thread Information