Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Specter: Patriots Taped the Steelers Twice in 04***Update 2/15 now 4 times total !!

Bookmark and Share
    SA Affiliate - Sports Jabber Deb's Avatar

Specter: Patriots Taped the Steelers Twice in 04***Update 2/15 now 4 times total !!

Senator Specter Says the Patriots Taped the Steelers Twice During 04

Well, it looks like Senator Arlen Specter didn't get around to talking about the NFL's antitrust exemption during today's meet-and-greet with commissioner Roger Goodell. As Michael David Smith wrote earlier, Specter learned that the Patriots have been videotaping opponents since 2000, something that wasn't clear when the league concluded its investigation in September.

In a post-meeting press conference, Specter elaborated. The senator said that "there were notes showing that the Steelers games had been taped." Specifically, two contests during the 2004 season: one on Oct. 31, and the other, the AFC Championship, on Jan. 27.

A couple of things worth pointing out: Pittsburgh smoked the Patriots in the first meeting, 34-20, sacking Tom Brady four times and picking him off twice. Three months later, the two teams met in the conference finals. Unsurprisingly (in hindsight), the Patriots won 41-27, and Brady, sacked just twice in the rematch, finished 14 of 21 for 207 yards with two touchdowns and no interceptions.

Did New England gain an advantage from having videotaped Pittsburgh during the teams' first meeting? There isn't enough evidence to say that, yes, unequivocally the Patriots won because they had the Steelers' defensive signals. But it would also be naīve to suggest that having access to that information had no bearing on the outcome. If that were true, Matthew Estrella (and Matt Walsh before him) wouldn't have had a job.

Either way, this doesn't do much for the Patriots' legacy as one of the best teams in NFL history, and it doesn't do much for Roger Goodell's credibility.

I also wonder if Bill Cowher might want to reconsider his earlier thoughts on the Steelers' other AFC Championship game against the Patriots.

LINK

i cant help but think the senator of our great state should have more pressing issues on his desk

My Mood
    Addicted
    again roger goodell an the cheaters suck plain an simple...........

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    i cant help but think the senator of our great state should have more pressing issues on his desk
    Specter has been around forever and is involved in so many issues at any one time that I don't doubt his dedication to our own states needs. He's quite the multi tasker Today's sports, all of them, are involved in some type of criminal activity so it's almost inevitable that the government is going to step in. Im not saying I like it but it's a reality now and will be in the future.

As far as the Patriots go, they are the Cheatriots and any legacy as a dynasty in NFL history is bogus.

My Mood
    Angry
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post

I heard a comment on ESPN Radio that supposedly Specter has a large interest in Comcast Communications and that this is a way for Specter to open the door to influence Goodell to make the NFL Network accessable to regular cable as well as to loosen DirecTV's stranglehold on the satellite packages.
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    [AutoMerged Post Below]
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    Quote Originally Posted by TOP GUN View Post
    As far as the Patriots go, they are the Cheatriots and any legacy as a dynasty in NFL history is bogus.
    Last edited by Ambridge; 02-14-2008 at 07:59 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Quote Originally Posted by Ambridge View Post
    I heard a comment on ESPN Radio that supposedly Specter has a large interest in Comcast Communications and that this is a way for Specter to open the door to influence Goodell to make the NFL Network accessable to regular cable as well as to loosen DirecTV's stranglehold on the satellite packages.
    Never say our government doesn't have a hidden agenda..LOL..atleast in that case if it is true it's a good thing for everybody who doesn't have dish.

SA Affiliate - Sports Jabber Deb's Avatar
    If what they are saying is true...then it affects Belichicks entire Patriot career regardless. Now its like everything they stand for as far as dynasty.....wins.....means nothing. Or will eventually.

Chairman of the Board Iron City South's Avatar

Cheating Bastards

Now coming to the realization that the Pats, in all likelyhood illegally taped us since 2000, especially in 2004 when we were heavily favored to beat them, chaps my *** beyond words can even describe. To this day I still try to hide the pain and disappointment I felt knowing we lost those 2 divisional championships to them. Now I come to realize that my pain was all a result of their cheating.

I vividly remember after we lost to them, Hines Ward and a few other players came out and said immediately after the game, "It was almost as if they knew exactly what play we were going to call" ..... well now, I wonder why?

..... Motherfu<king FRAUDS!

Here's the video of Spector:

http://www.redlasso.com/ClipPlayer.a...f-dcc11c080cfc
    "The most interesting man on SA ... stay thirsty my friends"

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    I'd bet money there's more to this now than ever than meets the eye. If the government wants to investigate this you can bet your last dollar this happened time and time again during this "amazing patriot dynasty" era.

how convenient is it that the NFL didn't divulge any of this information during their investigation before..and now they want to sweep it under the rug. I hope congress goes after Goodell, Belicheat & Kraft and throws the book at em!

Rookie Free Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron City South View Post
    Now coming to the realization that the Pats, in all likelyhood illegally taped us since 2000, especially in 2004 when we were heavily favored to beat them, chaps my *** beyond words can even describe. To this day I still try to hide the pain and disappointment I felt knowing we lost those 2 divisional championships to them. Now I come to realize that my pain was all a result of their cheating.

I vividly remember after we lost to them, Hines Ward and a few other players came out and said immediately after the game, "It was almost as if they knew exactly what play we were going to call" ..... well now, I wonder why?

..... Motherfu<king FRAUDS!

Here's the video of Spector:

http://www.redlasso.com/ClipPlayer.a...f-dcc11c080cfc

Problem with the Hines Ward comment is this. Everything thus far (aside from the SB walk through) contends that the Pats were taping teams' defensive signals. That wouldn't help them know which plays the Steelers O would run.

Further....the '01 game evidenced little NE offensive prowess as two of their 3 TDs were on runbacks. And, it seemed as though their defensive success had much to do with lining up a DE over Jerame Tuman and kicking his *** all day long.

The '04 AFCCG.....may have been a different story.

Don't get me wrong. I despise these MFers, and I see no reason why the Commish destroyed the tapes, sounds like bullshite to me. I hope they get hit hard again with further penalties....but I have to wonder if they really gained much of an advantage.

Thread Information