Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Specter: Patriots Taped the Steelers Twice in 04***Update 2/15 now 4 times total !!

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Angry
    Quote Originally Posted by swissvale72 View Post
    Problem with the Hines Ward comment is this. Everything thus far (aside from the SB walk through) contends that the Pats were taping teams' defensive signals. That wouldn't help them know which plays the Steelers O would run.

Further....the '01 game evidenced little NE offensive prowess as two of their 3 TDs were on runbacks. And, it seemed as though their defensive success had much to do with lining up a DE over Jerame Tuman and kicking his *** all day long.

The '04 AFCCG.....may have been a different story.

Don't get me wrong. I despise these MFers, and I see no reason why the Commish destroyed the tapes, sounds like bullshiate to me. I hope they get hit hard again with further penalties....but I have to wonder if they really gained much of an advantage.
    At this point no one knows the full story.
    The Pats could have very well taped offense as well as defense.

I keep hearing people defend the Pats by saying "They couldn't have gained enough info from the tapes to stop every play" This is all well and very true but all they have to do is decipher enough signals that can effect 3-5 plays per game and that is a HUGE advantage.
    Enough of an advantage that can cause a fumble...interception or a big defensive stop on a cruial series of downs.

The Pats thought they were going to be slick and pull a fast one-Sorry!!
    Goodell better be very careful how he handles this situation or it could blow up in his face.

Chairman of the Board Iron City South's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by swissvale72 View Post
    Problem with the Hines Ward comment is this. Everything thus far (aside from the SB walk through) contends that the Pats were taping teams' defensive signals. That wouldn't help them know which plays the Steelers O would run.

Further....the '01 game evidenced little NE offensive prowess as two of their 3 TDs were on runbacks. And, it seemed as though their defensive success had much to do with lining up a DE over Jerame Tuman and kicking his *** all day long.

The '04 AFCCG.....may have been a different story.
    I forget if Hines was saying that about offense or if he was just mimicking what Joey Porter and a few of our other Defenseive guys were coming off the field saying. I vividly remember Peezy saying they knew what we were going to do on Defense.
    "The most interesting man on SA ... stay thirsty my friends"

Rookie Free Agent

'01 or '04

Quote Originally Posted by Iron City South View Post
    I forget if Hines was saying that about offense or if he was just mimicking what Joey Porter and a few of our other Defenseive guys were coming off the field saying. I vividly remember Peezy saying they knew what we were going to do on Defense.
    Again, not defending these f#@%@, but I think the "they knew everything we were doing" thing was after the '01 AFCCG. Pats O drove for only 10 points that day, and Peezy couldn't hold onto a potential pick that would have tied the game.

Goodell's explanation of his rationale for destroying the tapes made no sense....left one wondering if one had heard him correctly.

The smug-*** Boston news anchors, once the sporsts guy is done reporting this story, ask with exasperaton..."Are we all done with this now?" I"m outta my seat calling 'em every MFer know to man.

Turns out sweat shirt Bill a better cheater than coach I guess...Now those SBs they won are meaningles

..:: SIXBURGH ::..
    eidt:

oops.. didn't see the news conference vid link in the other thread
    Last edited by BR7; 02-14-2008 at 05:25 PM.

#1 Hater of the other 30 SteelCityMan786's Avatar
    I'd love for the record books to say this

AFC Champions
    2002-Pittsburgh Steelers
    2003-Oakland Raiders
    2004-None Awarded
    2005-Pittsburgh Steelers
    2006-Pittsburgh Steelers
    2007-Indianapolis Colts
    2008-None Awarded

That would look real nice. After all we should have 7 super Bowls

XXXVI-Pittsburgh Steelers
    XXXVII-Tampa Bay Buccaneers
    XXXVIII-None Awarded
    XXXIX-Pittsburgh Steelers
    XL-Pittsburgh Steelers
    XLI-Indianpolis Colts
    XLII-New York Giants

SA Member #27
    My Mood
    seahawks-hater
    YES! Finnaly some s*it got out about this. The 2004 Steelers season was by far the Steelers best year (15-1). It was also my favorite season of theirs. There was no way the Patriots were going to beat them, the Steelers were going to the Super Bowl and it was going to be sweet. F*cking cheater f*ggot p*ssies.

My Mood
    Chatty
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron City South View Post
    Now coming to the realization that the Pats, in all likelyhood illegally taped us since 2000, especially in 2004 when we were heavily favored to beat them, chaps my *** beyond words can even describe. To this day I still try to hide the pain and disappointment I felt knowing we lost those 2 divisional championships to them. Now I come to realize that my pain was all a result of their cheating.

I vividly remember after we lost to them, Hines Ward and a few other players came out and said immediately after the game, "It was almost as if they knew exactly what play we were going to call" ..... well now, I wonder why?

..... Motherfu<king FRAUDS!

Here's the video of Spector:

http://www.redlasso.com/ClipPlayer.a...f-dcc11c080cfc
    I agree!!! I cried for 3 days after this loss!! We lost Plax after this game! I just knew something wasnt right!!

Thanks Steelers086 for my awesome signature!!!

Thanks for the new avatar SteelerBee!

My Mood
    Angry
    The more I start thinking about this whole deal the more I hope Arlen Specter keeps digging and doesn't let Goodell off the hook.

I have no doubt Goodell thinks he's going to "Stonewall" his way through this situation and that it's just going to go away.
    It's a shame that the government has to force a league commissioner to be open with the truth about the sport he governs.
    The "Tip of the Iceberg" has been exposed and I think fans of the NFL are entitled to the facts.

Belichick has been pulling these Shenanigans since 2000??......he deserves immediate termination from "Jerkoff" Kraft and banned from the NFL for life.

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    The two special teams TDs and Kordell's sorry *** had more to do with the Steelers loss in the 01 title game...

In 2004 Ben being a rookie and playing poorly....Plus Plax dropping a TD in the endzone were main reasons the Steelers loss...Plus Cowher also just pounding the ball with Bettis on a 4th and 1 early in that game was huge swing in momentum for the Pats....Also Cowher choosing to kick a field goal instead of going for a TD late in that game was another mistake...

You guys whining about Spy Gate for the reasons the Steelers loss sounds like sour grapes to me...lol

Really who knows how many other teams have taped other throughout the years.....

Thread Information