Thread: Holmes to sign on Friday?

Bookmark and Share

Hybrid View

Satan's Helper SteelersfaninPhilly's Avatar

Holmes to sign on Friday?

Holmes expected to sign his contract on Friday. Anyone else hear this?

http://americanat.blogspot.com/

I'm blind, I'm deaf, I wanna be a ref! Get on your knees ref your blowing the game!

Big thank you to pa state Daryl Metcalfe. For doing the right thing.

My Mood
    Addicted
    I haven't heard that but it would sure be nice if he did and headed right for camp.

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    here's somewhat of a update

By Mike Prisuta
    TRIBUNE-REVIEW
    Wednesday, July 26, 2006

The Steelers came to terms with No. 7 pick Cedric Humes on Tuesday and moved closer to an accord with No. 1 pick Santonio Holmes.
    "We're making progress, and I expect him to be in camp," said Joel Segal, who represents Holmes, a wide receiver from Ohio State.

Players are scheduled to report to St. Vincent College in Latrobe by 6 p.m. Friday.

Segal said Holmes' two arrests since the Steelers made him the 25th overall selection in the NFL Draft have not affected the process.

He characterized what's taking place as a "normal negotiation."

The Steelers do not comment publicly on contract negotiations.

Humes, a 6-foot-1, 233-pound running back from Virginia Tech, is the fifth of the Steelers' nine draft choices to reach agreement on a contract.

Humes received a signing bonus of $30,000 and NFL-minimum salaries of $275,000, $360,000 and $445,000 on a three-year deal.

Humes is a candidate to become the short-yardage back, a job left vacant by the retirement of Jerome Bettis.

Veterans Duce Staley and Verron Haynes will get first crack at replacing Bettis.

"He may be a guy to fill that role," running backs coach Dick Hoak said in April. "He's very effective once you get down into the red zone.

"He doesn't have Willie Parker speed, but he's a pounder. He makes yards after contact. He'll move the pile."

Humes, the 240th overall selection in the draft, had 1,805 career rushing yards and scored 21 touchdowns at Virginia Tech.

"He's a good inside runner," Steelers director of football operations Kevin Colbert said in April. "We're happy to get him at (No. 7)."

No. 4a pick Willie Colon, an offensive lineman from Hofstra; No. 4b pick Orien Harris, a defensive end from Miami (Fla.); No. 5b pick Charles Davis, a tight end from Purdue; and No. 6 pick Marvin Philip, a center from California, had previously agreed to terms.

Holmes, No. 3a pick Anthony Smith, a safety from Syracuse, No. 3b pick Willie Reid, a wide receiver from Florida State, and No. 5a pick Omar Jacobs, a quarterback from Bowling Green, are unsigned.

Cornerback Ike Taylor, who accepted a one-year, $1.57 million tender as a restricted free agent this offseason, would like a long-term extension but has yet to come to terms.

Taylor plans to report on time when camp opens.
    "SA, it's more than a FEVER it's an ADDICTION" -BlacknGold Bleeder

SA First Blitzburgh Blitzburgh55's Avatar
    yeah i heard it on Steelersfever

Thread Information