Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Scout.com 2008 Free Agent Listing

Bookmark and Share
    Reppin' 724
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    actually yes i would, not quite a maroney or a barber but hes definietly capable
    capable as what....back up? starter? RB who holds other RB's hand warmers? I'm not sold on Barber just b/c of the Hoss line he has.

I think RB is the MOST over-rated position in the NFL. If you are hoss, it doesn't matter, when you have a **** O-line.

I think Willie did as well as any RB would have done with our line this year.

Quote Originally Posted by USMCVET View Post
    I'm in 100% for upgrading from Keisel. He made our interior D-line weak.

Another thing that would put our D back on the top of the NFL would be to acquire a guy like DeAngelo Hall (who voiced that he wants out of Atlanta).
    With a stud DE and Woodley and Harrison ------- that would put pressure on the QB and force him. Then the final ingredient that we are greatly missing is playmaking ability from our DB's. Put a ball hawk back there with good hands and we will instantly turn around our TA differential.

I know that Tomlin was not at all happy with the play of his corners. Tomlin wants guys that can take advantage of gift balls that both of their hands.

It's a shame that this coaching staffs doesn't have a playmaker at the CB position. Between the combined knowledge of Master LeBeau and Tomlin, this pass defense (with new-found QB pressure) could push the NFL record for team interceptions. Let's not forget Palamalu's ability to cause pressure and/or bait passes (he had an off year due to injury and Keisel/Haggens).
    I really like keisel, just not full time DE.

Ike is a beast, he cant catch, but thats not a huge deal, he is a good corner. Townsend is great in man coverage and i really like what he does for our secondary. Mcfadden is gonna take townsends job this year, i like what he brings to the table too, he fights for the ball.

Now heres my problem...blaming troys "off year" on haggans and keisel, thats ****ing bullshit, i blame our secondarys inconsistantcy on troys lack of everything. i love beating the troy horse, but injury is no excuse when you dont properly condition yourself to play professional football and your out of posistion 90% of the time. Our corners have to play off since they cant count on him to play safety. point is, troy doenst get pressure or bait passes and blaming it on keilsel and not troy is retarded.

And dangelo hall gets raped in coverage alot btw

Quote Originally Posted by TEEMONT View Post
    capable as what....back up? starter? RB who holds other RB's hand warmers? I'm not sold on Barber just b/c of the Hoss line he has.

I think RB is the MOST over-rated position in the NFL. If you are hoss, it doesn't matter, when you have a shiat O-line.

I think Willie did as well as any RB would have done with our line this year.
    hes got a beast oline...sure, but have you ever really watched him play? especially inside the 10...hes ****ing awesome and hes better after contact, the mans legs grind and he gets the ball into the endzone, and im talking back to last year when there line was a revolving door

Reppin' 724
    hes got a beast oline...sure, but have you ever really watched him play? especially inside the 10...hes ****ing awesome and hes better after contact, the mans legs grind and he gets the ball into the endzone, and im talking back to last year when there line was a revolving door
    Yeha I have to watch the ****er play every thanksgiving...lol. I think he is pretty decent, and he runs hard, but he has never really been an every down guy. He has always been Julius Jones (who I think sucks) back-up. I'd take Barber as a back-up, but if he goes to Miami, it will ruin him.

Yeha I have to watch the ****er play every thanksgiving...lol. I think he is pretty decent, and he runs hard, but he has never really been an every down guy. He has always been Julius Jones (who I think sucks) back-up. I'd take Barber as a back-up, but if he goes to Miami, it will ruin him.
    why? miami has a good line too and ronnie brown was having a career year in terms of stats before he got hurt. miamis line doesnt get any credit but it was a very much improved line last year, there problem was tedd ginn could only follow blocks made from his QB and when that happened their 26 year old rookie couldnt do **** cause hes a bitch and the star RB got hurt

Reppin' 724
    why? miami has a good line too and ronnie brown was having a career year in terms of stats before he got hurt. miamis line doesnt get any credit but it was a very much improved line last year, there problem was tedd ginn could only follow blocks made from his QB and when that happened their 26 year old rookie couldnt do shiat cause hes a bitch and the star RB got hurt
    Having a career year when your previous "career year" was 1008 yards and 5 TD's isn't really tough.

I'm not quite following how Ted Gin only being able to follow blocks from his QB was a problem. He ran the ball 4 times all year. I probably sound like an idiot, but I really have no clue what you're talking about.

Having a career year when your previous "career year" was 1008 yards and 5 TD's isn't really tough.

I'm not quite following how Ted Gin only being able to follow blocks from his QB was a problem. He ran the ball 4 times all year. I probably sound like an idiot, but I really have no clue what you're talking about.
    when i say career year i mean that he tore it up week after week and was ****ing me up in my fantasy league lol.

and the ginn comment was a joke about when trent green through a block on the texan lineman and got ****ed up lol

Reppin' 724
    when i say career year i mean that he tore it up week after week and was ****ing me up in my fantasy league lol.

and the ginn comment was a joke about when trent green through a block on the texan lineman and got ****ed up lol
    oh...well why didnt you say so....lol...what was Browns injury? I seriously forget.

and lets all watch and say....nice...

[MEDIA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=urxloYLBV0Q[/MEDIA]

he ****ed up his knee, tore his acl pretty bad

Reppin' 724
    he ****ed up his knee, tore his acl pretty bad
    please tell me it was on turf...lol.

Thread Information