Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Leinart to start at QB for Cards

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Ratbirds
    good move, i hate leinart and think he won't amount to jack **** cause he doesn't have a arm....but he's better then warner so the cards should be a little better.........
    "SA, it's more than a FEVER it's an ADDICTION" -BlacknGold Bleeder

When WARNER fumbled the ball with under 2 minutes to play in the game, on the Rams 18 yard line, they showed him on the side line all pissed off and yelling at the center. The center had nothing to do with the fumble, Warner was just being Warner on that play...

My Mood
    Addicted
    Last I knew Warner always had trouble hanging on to the ball.

Yep... Warner and his case of fumblitis goes back to his last year as a Ram when he broke his finger or something

My Mood
    Ratbirds

Warner gets nod over Leinart for now

Kurt Warner is going to start Sunday after all.

After letting the issue simmer for a day, Arizona Cardinals headcoach Dennis Green said today that Warner is his man after all.

At press briefings yesterday, he refused to commit to the one-time Super Bowl MVP, raising speculation that he would bench his starter and go with rookie Matt Leinart instead. Several reports actually had Leinart getting the starting nod for Sunday's game against the Atlanta Falcons.

Warner had turned in what generally has been called an awful performance in Sunday's loss to St. Louis.

Green says starting lineups usually aren't something the team talks about but that he needed to make it clear today that he was going with Warner.

He says he made the announcement to end the speculation. So Warner will take on the Atlanta Falcons Sunday.

The Cardinals also announced today that they had signed defensive end Chris Cooper and released defensive tackle Langston Moore to make room for him on the roster.
    http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/6003682
    "SA, it's more than a FEVER it's an ADDICTION" -BlacknGold Bleeder

SA's #1 James Farrior Fan PITT23's Avatar
    Yep, they decided that it would be dumb to start Leinart so soon. If he starts off on the wrong foot he might always plays with the mentality that he cant do well and never become a franchise QB like they need.
    :: Whoa, where the hell was I for 2 years?::

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Dennis Green needs to make up his mind..he obviously didn't think through the whole situation when he told the world that Matt would be starting.

Rookie Free Agent
    nope...green decided that he'll stay with Warner for at least one more week...yet another poor decision made in the NFL haha

Now it looks like Leinart has been given the green light...

Green looks to Leinart to revive 'ludicrous' offense

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news
    TEMPE, Ariz. (AP) -- Arizona coach Dennis Green calls the Cardinals' most recent offensive performance "ludicrous."

According to the dictionary, that means "so absurd, ridiculous or exaggerated as to cause or merit laughter."

Green wasn't chuckling on Monday as he talked about replacing mistake-prone Kurt Warner with rookie Matt Leinart, a decision he announced Sunday after a 32-10 loss to the Falcons in Atlanta.

"He's a guy that had an incredible career in college," Green said. "I think he's worked hard to try to learn and understand the pro game, and I think he's ready to play."

The 2004 Heisman Trophy winner, 39-2 with two national championships at Southern California, was supposed to learn from the sideline this season. But Warner's 10 fumbles and four interceptions led the coach to go with his touted rookie, who surprisingly slipped to 10th in this year's draft.

"He played well in the preseason. He was very solid. He was quick on the release," Green said. "He had a lot of poise. He plays with a lot of confidence. I think he's probably the most advanced as a first-year player of any guys we've been around."

Leinart inherits an offense that ranks 24th in the NFL, 30th in rushing, behind a porous offensive line.

My Mood
    Addicted
    They better make a change at QB and make it quick. Warner is playing as bad as any QB I've seen play. Four games into the season and he already has 14 TO's?

Thread Information