Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: With the 53rd selection in the 2nd round the Steelers take...

Bookmark and Share
    Doucet is a gamer, he missed half the season last year but didnt have bad numbers on the year. I like this kid alot he reminds me of Santonio... but if we dont go OL in the 2nd, i like senior RB Chris Johnson out of ECU... im not good at projecting what round guys should go in, ESPN has him as the 5th ranked SR. rb. A top flight return man, greats hand out of the backfield and a tough runner. I like this pick cause if he isnt an instant spark on offense he would answer our Return problems. The guy had 1 fumble all season. with 40 times in the 4.3's and a tough running stlye this is the only skill pos. i like in the second!!!
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    [AutoMerged Post Below]
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    Question: Which offensive players who are draft eligible have been standouts during the bowl season?

Kiper: You have to start with East Carolina's senior running back Chris Johnson, who had 418 all-purpose yards against Boise State in the Hawaii Bowl. He had 233 rushing yards and one touchdown; 32 receiving yards and a touchdown; and 153 kickoff return yards. He should run the 40-yard dash somewhere in the 4.3 range. With his speed and versatility, Johnson could be the third running back taken after Arkansas' Darren McFadden and Felix Jones -- assuming both McFadden and Jones declare for the draft.
    Last edited by steelcitysfinestXL; 02-05-2008 at 09:55 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I say Laws or Doucet. I doubt Doucet will be around though.

If you want to go RB, what about Hart from Michigan. This kid is tough and is sort of a jones-drew. He is short and runs hard. I would be happy with Johnson also, I am just throwing out another name.

Hart is not Jones-Drew. Bad comparison. MJD is quick, fast, a good Kick-Reurner, and runs hard. Hart runs hard. I am assuming that your basis for compairison is their size right?

yeah that was my original thought. That and that they both run hard. Sorry for not making a better comparison.

My Mood
    Addicted

My Social Networks

Follow Zachintosh66 On Twitter Add Zachintosh66 on Facebook Add Zachintosh66 on Google+ Add Zachintosh66 on Linkedin Visit Zachintosh66's Youtube Channel
    1. Best Availible OL
    2. CB, Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie, Tenn St.
    - Zachintosh66 (SCM 1135)

2013 Record: 7-1. (TW 27-6 Rams) (TW 28-0 Raptors) (TW 33-12 Thunder) (TW 7-21 Seminoles) (TW 39-32 Cougars) (TW 23-15 Stealth) (TW 58-8 Force) (TW 31-28 Fury)

[ T-Wolves Web | T-Wolves FB | My Xbox Live: zachintosh66 ]

Gold Standard
    Quote Originally Posted by heffrandotnet View Post
    1. Best Availible OL
    2. CB, Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie, Tenn St.

Cromartie will not be there by our 53rd pick and I would bet you some SA $$ on that. After his stellar performance in the senior bowl his stock has been rising fast. If he can put in a decent performance at the combines he will ensure himself as a first round pick. Cover corners are one of the most sought after commodities in the NFL. They are right up there with franchise quarterbacks. At scout.com he is already listed as the 28th best player in the draft.

The OL pick is more likely to happen.
    http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/daily/site_082009/home.parcoltop11.35513.ImageFile.jpg

My Mood
    Frustrated
    Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan11 View Post
    I say Laws or Doucet. I doubt Doucet will be around though.

If you want to go RB, what about Hart from Michigan. This kid is tough and is sort of a jones-drew. He is short and runs hard. I would be happy with Johnson also, I am just throwing out another name.
    I hope he's there in the 3rd or 4th and we snatch him. He would be a good compliment to Willie...

Sorry guys, my opinion on Mike Hart is that all he has is Heart!!! He runs tough and has a great leverage due to his lack of size.... but speed is LACKING for a dude that size!!! he put up some nice numbers at mich. but i wouldnt take him before the late 3rd or 4th!!!!

I will agree with SCFXL. He is slow and has bad hands.

I didn't watch a lot of Michigan football so i don't know how well he catches the ball but according to espn.com he didn't fumble his entire career at Michigan. He also averaged 5 yards per carry while at Michigan.

Thread Information