Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anderson, Clowns, significantly apart on new deal

Bookmark and Share
    Space Invaders Champion, Asteroids Champion NOVA STEELERS's Avatar
    My Mood
    Wicked

Anderson, Clowns, significantly apart on new deal

Thursday, Jan 31, 2008 12:57 pm EST

The Cleveland Clowns and quarterback Derek Anderson are at least two years apart in contract negotiations, a source told The Columbus Dispatch Wednesday.

The Clowns opened negotiations last week by offering Anderson a three-year deal, but Anderson's representation is seeking a longer term, about five years. The sides hope to reach a deal before free agency opens Feb. 29. Tony Romo of Dallas and Matt Schaub of Houston are recent gauges for quarterback signings. Romo signed a six-year, $67.5 million contract and Schaub a six-year, $48 million contract.

It's unlikely the Clowns would go that high in years or salary with Anderson, especially with Dublin native and former first-round pick Brady Quinn as the backup.

They had better not sign him to some rediculous offer that will make Ben's Value shoot up even more

Anderson made a pretty strong case last year... I guess the Browns can blame it on Quinn since he held out and didn't learn the playbook in time. By the time Quinn got it down Anderson was already lighting up the stat column.

Maybe the browns should take some of the $$$$ from Quinns contract to compensate Anderson.
    Last edited by AZ_Steeler; 01-31-2008 at 09:24 PM.

he really didnt play that good, his accuracy is terrible, hes got some badass targets though

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    he really didnt play that good, his accuracy is terrible, hes got some badass targets though
    Train........I visit this one Browns board on a occasion....The name of it is dawgbones.com......Some Browns fans on that site really think accuracy is over-rated for a QB.....lol Its funny ****......

As for Anderson you're right his accuracy does suck...especially on the shorter throws.....Plus Braylon bailed him out many times this year......

Tailgate Coordinator
    Regardless, they need to sign him. He doesn't deserve a big $$$$ contract, but deserves a raise. He seems to be a little greedy.

I'm A "Champion"

Pro Bowl #2 and Counting JoeThomas's Avatar
    its drew brees/philip rivers all over again. they will have him this year then when he becomes restricted they might franchise him then let him walk. brady will be 3 years in and ready to rock. the browns will have the cap room to do it.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    The dude had 1 good year and all of the sudden he wants HUGE money? No way you give this guy the kind of money that Shaub or Romo got; you have to prove yourself first for more than 1 season.

SA Member #27
    My Mood
    Clowns
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    he really didnt play that good, his accuracy is terrible
    Yeah. The Clowns choked against the Steelers which cost them the Playoffs and AFC North. The Clowns had it in the bag against the Steelers and choked hard.

Spectator
    My Mood
    Happy
    Quote Originally Posted by Forged in Steel View Post
    Yeah. The Clowns choked against the Steelers which cost them the Playoffs and AFC North. The Clowns had it in the bag against the Steelers and choked hard.
    ya you got that right but unless we make some serious changes this off season, that same team will be saying the same about us next year.

SA Member #27
    My Mood
    Clowns
    Quote Originally Posted by Captcoolhand View Post
    ya you got that right but unless we make some serious changes this off season, that same team will be saying the same about us next year.
    You're probably right with Mike Tomlin as the head coach. I'm not saying Bill Cowher was the greatest but he would have made better choices with that Jaguars playoff game in the fourth quarter.

Thread Information