Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chad Johnson talking his way out of Cincinnati?

Bookmark and Share
    Space Invaders Champion, Asteroids Champion NOVA STEELERS's Avatar
    My Mood
    Wicked

Chad Johnson talking his way out of Cincinnati?

Thursday, Jan 31, 2008 12:52 pm EST

Taking a page from the playbooks of former Cincinnati Bengals Corey Dillon and Carl Pickens, who talked their way out of town, Bengals wide receiver Chad Johnson took his national "trade-me" tour to the Super Bowl's radio row in Arizona Wednesday.

The Cincinnati Enquirer reported Johnson talked to Jim Rome on his show in Phoenix and again alluded to his desire to be traded. It was similar to the comments Johnson made on ESPN's "Mike & Mike in the Morning" on Jan. 11.

When asked by Rich Eisen of the NFL Network if he were going to have Bengal stripes on next year, Johnson said: "I don't know what I'm going to have on. I'm not sure."

As the world turns ship him off, just ship him to an NFC team

My Mood
    Chatty
    He needs to be careful what he wishes for!!!

Thanks Steelers086 for my awesome signature!!!

Thanks for the new avatar SteelerBee!

Honestly, I can't imagine Chad in anything but a Bengals uniform. It's like seeing Joey Porter in a Dolphins jersey.

If he's not careful he's gonna be shipping himself out not in the model of Corey Dillon, but instead more in line with Edgerin James.

He has the potential to be greater in Cincy along with the rest of the team. But that requires patience and a willingness to build up the team around him. That might be the only area where Chad lacks.

BuFu

Chad is annoying, needs to learn when to shut up, he needs to grow up and act like a grown man, not an annoying attention getting jerk. Chad, TO.,Mike Irvin, Ray Lewis, Warren Sapp, and Deon Sanders, should not be allowed to speak into microphones. If Chad Johnson goes elsewhere, I hope the team he's on sucks.

Carson Palmer is a very good QB, if Chad thinks he's gonna be happier elsewhere he is sadly mistaken. Carson is arguable one of the top 5 QBs in the game right now. By his standards he had a so-so year and still was able to 26TDs and 4100+ yards...

Chad Johnson you are annoying and any emotional stress you get coming your way, is self inflicted. Please learn to shut up and stop being so self-centered and maybe good things will happen to you... IDIOT

Pro Bowl #2 and Counting JoeThomas's Avatar
    any smart team would offer up a 2nd round pick for ocho cinco right now. including my browns

Waterboy
    Hmmmm Big Ben wanting a tall reciver, Chad wanting to leave Cincy sounds fishy.Can u imagine him in a steeler uniform. Its possible we do have a new coach
    Let The Bodies Hit The Floor

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    The Bengals have all the talent on offense to be great but their defense stinks and their lack of self control as a unit and Marvin Lewis' lack of control over that team in general is their downfall. That entire team needs to clean house. I don't blame Chad for wanting out.

My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by BlitzburghSouljaST View Post
    Hmmmm Big Ben wanting a tall reciver, Chad wanting to leave Cincy sounds fishy.Can u imagine him in a steeler uniform. Its possible we do have a new coach
    anything's possible, and i wouldn't mind seeing him in a steeler uniform (as long as he makes a change like T.O. did)...come to the steelers, and change the attitude

My Mood
    Chatty
    Quote Originally Posted by Ibleedblk&gld View Post
    anything's possible, and i wouldn't mind seeing him in a steeler uniform (as long as he makes a change like T.O. did)...come to the steelers, and change the attitude
    In one way it would be good, he said he's always like the Steelers but my fear is he will take the attention away from our "team". He is more of a "me, me, I, me person". He'd have to learn what team work really means!!! Other than that I think he could be a good asset with an attitude adjustment but I doubt Tomlin would put up with his crap. Could be good for him!

Thanks Steelers086 for my awesome signature!!!

Thanks for the new avatar SteelerBee!

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    You got to be kidding me....Steelers fans actually wanting CJ? I'll pass on this self promoting tool......He is part of the problem in Cincy....lol Plus he is 30 years old now....I don't want any aging ego maniacs on the Steelers....

Thread Information