Thread: Too early to believe players rankings

Bookmark and Share
    Gold Standard

Too early to believe players rankings

Everybodies draft boards will be completely reshuffled after the combines. Happens every year. Teams always spout the company mantra about players ranking being more about their playing experience than their 40 times or their reps on the weight bench, but then they reshuffle their boards based on the things they say don't matter. Print out your favorites sources player rankings pre-combine and post combine if you don't agree. Skilled position players tend to move up on the boards after the combine and the blue-collar players of the O-line tend to trend downward after the combines. That is why there are not a lot of O-lineman picks in the 1st round. It isn't sexy to pick outside the skilled positions in the 1st.

http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/daily/site_082009/home.parcoltop11.35513.ImageFile.jpg

Actually you could not be more incorrect.

A few players fly up draft boards(Jason Allen, Manny Lawson, Kyle Boller)

82% of the players listed as top 100 picks prior to the combine...Are still top 100 players post combine.

(Over the Last 3 years article was posted in PFW)

Teams needs may change...Players can fall 5-7 spots due to team need

Rich Gosselin of the Dallas Morning News placed 22 of 32 players on the correct teams a day BEFORE last years combine

Placed 29 of 32 day before the draft

Try again.

Reppin' 724
    and let the pissing contest begin....God I can't wait until the draft is over.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    ah geez here we go !! Is it July yet !

I will say though just to throw in my that player rankings in the first round don't normally change that much in my experience but they can fluctuate especially the lower end first round picks. however guys that are current 2nd or 3rd rounders have jumped stock to higher places in their rounds or jumped rounds completely with a good showing at the combine.

I will not turn it into a pissing contest.

I will be a mature adult

i can **** like a champ

Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    i can **** like a champ
    So can I,,,,,,,,,
    All I need is a few ~~~

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    It's also true that players stock can drop because of the combine yet they turn out to be just as good or better than originally projected. Hines wasn't projected any higher than what we took him at and originally I think many had him as a 4th round selection and he turned out pretty ok I think

too much can be read into the combine when it comes to 40 times and some of the drills but you can also learn alot especially from the lineman when they do the shuttle drills and such to see how quick they are on their feet and with the balance.

Gold Standard

Mike Henry or Quentin Moses

2 prime examples of the combines effects on prospects.

- Quentin Moses was a projected DE or OLB in the first round last year. In fact many here on this site made arguments about why we should draft him in the 15th spot. That was before the combine. After the combine (that some say has no effects on draft position [mostly morons]) he plummeted on draft boards and ended up getting drafted in the 3rd round by the Raiders. BTW he was cut in training camp by the Raiders, was picked up by Arizona who also cut him and is now occupying a spot on the worst team in the league, the Miami Dolphins.

- Chris Henry was ranked 31 out of 32 RB's by scout.com before he went to the combines. At the combines where he posted the 2nd fastest 40 time out of all the athletes and suddenly he went from being a potential UFA to one of the most talked about running backs based almost exclusively on the 40 time. Henry's college career was nothing to talk about which is why he was originally ranked near the bottom of the list for RB's.

But hey, according to some here the combines don't effect draft status or draft boards. Just remember your ignorant statements because I will and I will serve up the humble pie in large portions to those morons who claim to know it all.
    http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/daily/site_082009/home.parcoltop11.35513.ImageFile.jpg

Pro Bowl #2 and Counting JoeThomas's Avatar
    ya usually the top guys are known and only a few climb and fall.

Thread Information