Thread: Mock Me

Bookmark and Share

Mock Me

Pittsburgh Steelers sign Randy Starks to a 3 year deal
    Extend Ben Rothlisberger
    Starks and Faneca sign elsewhere

Trades

I.Pittsburgh Steelers trade there 1st round pick(#23) and 4th round pick(pick 119) to the St Rams for Their 2nd Round pick(#34) and 3rd round pick(pick 66)

II. Trade there 3 round pick(pick 88 to the New York Giants for there 3rd round pick(96) and 4th Round pick(Pick 128)

This is my scenario for Long Clady Otah Baker Williams being off the board

Round 2. Branden Albert G/T UVA(watch the man play before you comment)
    Round 2. Carl Nicks Nebraska T Nebraska
    Round 3. Dre Moore Def End Maryland
    Round 3. Ezra Butler LB Nevada
    Round 4. Trae Williams CB South Florida
    Round 5. Ahtyba Rubin DT Iowa St
    Round 6. Cory Boyd Rb SC

Steelers needs in my mind are

OL
    DL
    LB depth
    CB

Gold Standard

Highly unlikely

I cannot see the Steelers trading out of the first round. There is no way that all of those top tackles are gone by the 23rd pick. Don't look at team needs because they tend to go out the window on draft day. Just see Matt Millen if you disagree (WR, WR, WR, WR, WR) lol. There might be 2 of those tackles off the board by the 23rd pick. O-lineman tend to be the least glamorous picks especially in the first round. The only reason you have us trading down is because you know that Branden Albert is not worthy of going that high in the draft. At least Wexell agrees with you on Albert. I don't have a problem with us drafting him by why not in the 2nd or 3rd round when he would still be available? I would be upset with the FO if they made such a boneheaded move. I believe you are reaching on this one.

Just to support my argument with facts. Going back 5 years here are the number of O-lineman (including T, G, & C) selected by the 23rd pick in the last 5 years.

2007 - 2
    2006 - 1
    2005 - 2
    2004 - 3
    2003 - 3

But you want us to believe that this year will be different. There will be a firesale on O-lineman all being picked before its our turn. Like I have already said, I got no problems with picking Albert in the 2nd or 3rd round but there are plenty of good tackles in this years draft who as history shows us will still be available in the 1st!

I completely agree with your assessment of the Steelers needs.
    OL
    DL
    LB (depth)
    CB
    Last edited by BlackGold4vr; 01-31-2008 at 03:19 PM.
    http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/daily/site_082009/home.parcoltop11.35513.ImageFile.jpg

Sam Baker is a piece of ****
    Chris Williams is a one trick pony

Long Clady and Otah are the only tackles worthy of pick 23

Name the last draft class this strong in Olinemen?

Its actually a beneficial to Jr's or Redshirt Sophomores to come out early under the new CBA.

Name the last year so many teams need tackles?

Please don't attempt to read my mind or comment about what I would or would not do. Your Vail attempt at conjecture is insulting.

I dont care what Mike Mayock Jim Wexell or Little baby Jesus have to say about the Steelers draft.

Gold Standard
    Quote Originally Posted by FC FURY View Post
    Sam Baker is a piece of shiat
    Chris Williams is a one trick pony

Long Clady and Otah are the only tackles worthy of pick 23

Name the last draft class this strong in Olinemen?

Its actually a beneficial to Jr's or Redshirt Sophomores to come out early under the new CBA.

Name the last year so many teams need tackles?

Please don't attempt to read my mind or comment about what I would or would not do. Your Vail attempt at conjecture is insulting.

I dont care what Mike Mayock Jim Wexell or Little baby Jesus have to say about the Steelers draft.

Oops! Sorry to question your latest halucinations with simple things like actual history. Thats why nobody likes you or gives a **** about your opinions. You are an ***! Won't waste my time on your threads again. Perhaps someday when you step away from the crackpipe you will understand the simple rules of supply and demand. When there is an abundance of talent at a position it doesn't make that talent more valuable. If anything it will cause the value to drop because people know they can wait and still get a quality guy.
    Last edited by BlackGold4vr; 02-01-2008 at 08:38 AM.
    http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/daily/site_082009/home.parcoltop11.35513.ImageFile.jpg

i love hearing that baker is a piece of ****....its just awesome to hear lol.

Otah is a fat slob...and im standing strong on this. Cherilus and williams are dominating and the only guys who will be there come pick 23...and even if not we have never been afraid of trading up.

Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    i love hearing that baker is a piece of shiat....its just awesome to hear lol.

Otah is a fat slob...and im standing strong on this. Cherilus and williams are dominating and the only guys who will be there come pick 23...and even if not we have never been afraid of trading up.
    WORD!!!!! Cherilus in the first, and im all about trying to trade up to get williams in the EARLY second... VERY unlikely but if he is there past the 4th or 5th pick in the second i say we sell the house to move up... maybe a 3rd rounder!!! We would have a SERIOUS competition at T, colon could be moved to RG depending on Faneca/Starx deals our main concern would be C and DL for the remainder of the draft!!! I think once you get past Clady and Long you have alot of guys at the same level in this years pool of OT's... we could get a steal in the 2nd getting a 1st round talent ie: Woodley last year

My Mood
    Curmudgeon

I'd be willing to part with a 3rd round pick to move up and get either one of them if we had too...especially if we had the chance to trade down and pick the 3rd back up again or another 4th instead. We might even get away with giving up a pick next year.

My Mood
    Frustrated

I hope you are right K, because of how good they looked at the practices and Senior Bowl, they moved up in a lot of teams eyes.....

Thread Information