Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cowher's decision making, and dropped balls...

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Clowns

Cowher's decision making, and dropped balls...

I have a serious problem today with Bill Cowher not challenging that play on 4th and inches where Palmer snuck for the first down and he appeared according to the replay to be about half a yard short. I thought it was absolutely insane for Cowher to not throw the flag on that call at that point in the game in the 4th quarter with the ball at there own 30 and it being that close of a call. I also hated the decision to kick the 48 yard fg with a minute left in the half as good as Cincy's offense is you cannot give them a short field there in that situation before the half. And of course the Colclough fumble which was absolutely insane that he is even out there to begin with. Colclough is a guy who looks like he is just waiting to **** a game up a game with his constant muffing of punts and bad coverages on receivers and everything.

As far as the receivers go I know Ben has been taking a lot of heat for these 2 bad games which he should be but you gotta keep in mind of how many drops guys like Wilson and Washington had not only today but back on Monday night against the Jags. Ben and Ward appear to still not be in sync at all yet. Holmes is still learning he needs more time but has looked better. I really think and I said this when it happened that the Steelers made a huge huge mistake cutting Quincy Morgan not only for his pass catching skills but his special teams returns on kickoffs and even punts. How many people would have rather had Quincy Morgan out there catching that punt over Colclough late in the 4th today?? Or maybe Quincy catching that ball that Nate dropped late in the 4th that might have made it 28-25. The bottom line is Cowher really needs to be more in touch with his decision making when it comes where to put guys in certain positions to succeed and make plays. He did an absolutely horrible job today with the Colclough punt decision and the play where he didnt challenge with Palmer. If this isnt a wake up call for Cowher to activate Willie Reid now for the SD game I dont know what is.

I though the same thing about the play where Palmer dove for the first, the refs definitely game him an extra half yard on the play. By then though they had moved the chains and probably had no idea where they were before so it would have been useless to try and challenge it. If he would have thrown the red falg as soon as they marked it then it would have been a different story.

The receivers are dropping balls, maybe they should do the same drill that Troy does... stand 5 yards in front of the machine and try and catch the ball!

I forgot about that 4th down...they marked the spot where his helmet was, not the ball...

House of Steel
    Now that I relooked at the video of this game from a good friend of mine that sent it to me. I notice the refs screwed us with that 4th down call going for a First. That was more than a 1/2 yard short of a First. BILL COWHER SHOULD HAD CHALLENGED THE RULING ON THE FIELD!!! Why didn't Whiz notify him about this??? I am wondering if they did and he ignored the request to challenge the ruling. I am beginning to question Cowher now that he has won a Super Bowl if his heart is into coaching this team anymore. I love Bill Cowher, but now, I am beginning to really question his motives and desires to win another title with these boneheaded calls. This is not the Bill Cowher I know.

My Mood
    Clowns
    Yes he was clearly short the ball never broke the so called yellow line where the first down thing is. I agree with you about Cowher. However, this isnt the first time he has had problems not throwing a challenge flag or clock management or playing guys like Colclough over Reid or not playing Davenport for any apparent reason. Cowher has never been a genius when it comes to seeing things on the field or clock management. He has proven himself to be quite stupid and ignorant many times to these situations and especially when he is asked about it afterwords by the media. There was just no excuse for Cowher not to throw that flag there very very stupid and that was another thing that could have costs the Steelers the game. Cowher better get his head out of his own *** and start looking at those kind of plays a lot more closer and start throwing the flag more if need be. He definitely blew it there yesterday for sure.

Spectator
    My Mood
    Happy
    Cowher didn't throw the flag on alot of plays that he should of. And as far as dropped passes, That was rediculous. That was 2 weeks in a roll that Our team dropped more passes than what they caught. Nate had a perfect pass in the Endzone and he dropped it! I swear, We're not getting beat,We are beating ourselves and watching Cowher on the sideline smiling (just burns me up) like he doesn't even care
    "It is hard to wait around for something that you know may never happen;but it's even harder to let go when it's everything you want"
    -unknown

very generous spot they gave palmer on that one

Spectator
    My Mood
    Happy
    That's it, Cowher's got the Headcoach curse
    "It is hard to wait around for something that you know may never happen;but it's even harder to let go when it's everything you want"
    -unknown

I just had a thought ... Maybe Cowher had a hard time bringing this team back down to reality during training camp. Then after their win against Miami things really got out of control so now Cowher is playing a mind game with them to drop them down those few notches and he intentionally cost the Steelers these past 2 games

It's a thought... we will never know though unless someone on here can get inside his head and find out what he (Cowher) is really thinking??????

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    I just hope finally Bill Cowher gets it through his head that Ricardo Colclough isn't the guy for punt returns. Colclough has always shown that he has poor ball handling skills. Again I ask where is Willie Reid?

Thread Information