Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Do we go after Berrian,Johnson, or trade for Roy Williams??

Bookmark and Share
    SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    I have a better chance of banging Jessica Alba then the Steelers trading for Roy Williams....lol It would be nice and I would probably streak naked around my block if it the Steelers made that trade....But it won't happen.....

I'm still trying to think how adding Bryant Johnson helps this team so much....A former first round pick that has only been a 3rd WR in the NFL....Plus has the same amount of career TDs as Nate Washington and only has 200 more receiving yards then Nate while Johnson has been in the NFL longer which he has played in more games then Nate...

Lets not draft James Hardy but lets sign a first round bust like Johnson...lol As for Hackett...I'm sure the Seahawks will resign him....But he was also hurt all this year for the most part...I know I had him on some of my fantasy teams...lol Wouldn't mind Hackett but don't see the Steelers signing him....
    Last edited by Black@Gold Forever32; 01-28-2008 at 07:45 PM.

As for Bryant Johnson being a 3rd WR, I am pretty sure that is what he would be here...

When given the rare opprotunity, Johnson has shown something He would be the cheapest "good/decent" WR in this year's FA class. He would be better than every WR on our team other than Ward and Holmes. He has had what is basically a year in the system. For all I know, Hardy could win OROY, but I digress. Personally, I would rather have a veteran than a rookie, but this is just my worthless opinion.

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Quote Originally Posted by BlitzburghSouljaST View Post
    i think we need to go for roy williams. we need another reliable player to take some of the load off of hines
    we have that guy, his name is santonio holmes, had he not got hurt he'd have lead this team in catches by at least 30 catches, but since he did, he only lead this team in receiving yards and touchdown receptions.......... all we need is a reliable 3rd option, if we got roy williams he'd be our number 1, meaning holmes or ward would be the 3rd option, and i doubt either would like that much.......
    "SA, it's more than a FEVER it's an ADDICTION" -BlacknGold Bleeder

My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by steelcityrockers View Post
    As for Bryant Johnson being a 3rd WR, I am pretty sure that is what he would be here...

When given the rare opprotunity, Johnson has shown something He would be the cheapest "good/decent" WR in this year's FA class. He would be better than every WR on our team other than Ward and Holmes. He has had what is basically a year in the system. For all I know, Hardy could win OROY, but I digress. Personally, I would rather have a veteran than a rookie, but this is just my worthless opinion.
    I didn't say your opinion was worthless....I just don't like Johnson myself....He drops his share of passes and he was a first rounder....Plus how do we know he will be so cheap....I don't think he will get a huge contract....But with the cap going up every year and some owners always over spending there could be a chance that some team will out bid the Rooney's...

If we all agree all the time this world would be boring....So dude you're entitled to your opinion and I still respected what you had to say...I just disagree....

Oh and another criticsm for Hardy: How can a 6'6'' WR be afriad to go over the middle? He is soft, dude.

I am just assuming that Bryant Johnson would be the cheapest of the decent Free Agent WRs.

My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by steelcityrockers View Post
    Oh and another criticsm for Hardy: How can a 6'6'' WR be afriad to go over the middle? He is soft, dude.

I am just assuming that Bryant Johnson would be the cheapest of the decent Free Agent WRs.

Wow Hardy is labeled soft so that means he will always be that way...lol The same was said about Plax when he was in the draft...Plax finally developed with the Giants....Plus Randy Moss just screams toughness.... Sarcasm at its best there.....I'm not saying Hardy will be as good as Randy Moss...But I do think he can develop into a WR like Plax....

You're not going to change my opinion and I'm not going to change yours....But really Bryant Johnson screams toughness also...lol

Thread Information