Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Great debate? Super Steelers, or Patriots?

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Some media guys automatically put them as the greatest single season team ever if they win on Sunday; others still say it was the Packers, Steelers, etc. All I know is the Dolphins will still be the first team to ever go undefeated and if they would have had a 16 game season back then they could have gone 19-0 as well.

My Mood
    Chatty
    While I applaud their so far undefeated season, it's not like they played the best teams in the NFL to get this undefeated season. But i'll be glad when it's all over and the Giants win, although I don't like the fact that we will have to hear all about the Giants doing what every other team couldn't do!! AAggh!! I don't like Plax because of the way he exiting the Steelers team after losing that AFC Championship game in 2004 but did love the fact we won the SB the next year!!!!

I still think the 70's Steelers are the best all time team and always will think that. I hate that everyone is on the Patsie bandwagon!! Just like the Colts and same with the Steelers when we went to SB..I refuse to jump on any other teams bandwagon!!!

Thanks Steelers086 for my awesome signature!!!

Thanks for the new avatar SteelerBee!

Simple math 4 in 6 > 4 in 7 !!That may simplify it too much but it speaks for itself.

BITE ME ICS!...Woodsonsgirl

Quote Originally Posted by BlitzburghNation View Post
    I would take the 70's STEEL CURTAIN against them patzeez any day of the week~~~~
    I'll give credit where credit is due,but it doesn't mean I like it,,,,,,,, Them patzeez,,,,,,,,
    Goooooooo G-Men

If them patzeez win on sunday they will only share the mountain top with those fins,simple because undeafeted is undefeated and IMO the STEELERS in the 70's was the best team ever assembled----
    LOL...couldn't have put it better myself!
    "Commitment to the team - there is no such thing as in-between, you are either in or you're out."-Pat Riley

Reppin' 724
    Quote Originally Posted by BlacknGold Bleeder View Post
    Simple math 4 in 6 > 4 in 7 !!That may simplify it too much but it speaks for itself.
    It's a lot harder to get 4 in 7 these days than it was to get 4 in 6 back then. Free agency has changed everything.

Quote Originally Posted by TEEMONT View Post
    It's a lot harder to get 4 in 7 these days than it was to get 4 in 6 back then. Free agency has changed everything.
    Who gives a sh*t! Do the math!

"When Gotham is ashes, you have my permission to die."

Take the Steelers out of the 70s and what do you get?
    The Cowboys would probably have been a dynasty
    The Raiders could have been a dynasty
    Maybe the Dolphins win another SB and they could have been a dynasty

Take the Pats out of this decade, and what do you get?
    Maybe the Steelers win another SB or 2
    Maybe the Colts win another SB

The Steelers of the 70's were competing against better teams. Sure, with the Salary Cap and Free Agency, there is more "parity" now, but that parity is designed to make sure every team stays close to the middle of the pack. If one or 2 teams figure out how to use the loopholes in the system, they can build a great team and dominate all the mediocre teams. Look at all the teams that had a chance to beat the Pats this year, but none of them were complete enough. They had glaring holes somewhere that prevented them from winning. In the 70's, if you were smart, you could build a great team. So there were more great teams, and that makes the Steelers' domination of the decade more impressive.
    Who Ride?! WE RIDE!!! Long live the Boot!!!

"I'll always be a Steeler" - Joey Porter
    "Once a Steeler, always a Steeler" - Kordell Stewart

Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    i think we should make willie parker eat lots and lots of cake so we have a power running game

Wanna hear a good one. I heard a sportsreader on a Cleveland station refer to the Patriot Nation. Man I do hope someone copyrighted that name.
    I've searched and believe me, there maybe be a lot of people betting on New England but there are more then what the NFL likes to hear that are calling them cheaters. If we went by NCAA rules they wouldn't be playing in this bowl game and loose more then one draft pick or spot. The whole league is a huge joke and they know it. Maybe there should be an asterisk on the trophy.

there is another game?..lol.
    "Like a midget at a urinal, I knew I had to be on my toes." - Lt. Frank Drevin

Reppin' 724
    Quote Originally Posted by kgreen View Post
    Who gives a sh*t! Do the math!
    People who aren't 70's homers give a ****. If FA had been aroudn in the 70's who is to say that our dynasty woudkl have happened?

You can't compare teams in different era's, it's impossible. The Steelers were the best in the 70's, the Pats in the 00's, one is not better than the other.

And the Colts would have owned the league had the Pats not won those 3 SB's.

Thread Information