Thread: Troy not playing in the Pro Bowl

Bookmark and Share
    Tailgate Coordinator

Troy not playing in the Pro Bowl

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/08025...d=steelers.xml

Polamalu won't play in Pro Bowl
    Friday, January 25, 2008
    By Ed Bouchette, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
    Safety Troy Polamalu has pulled out of the Pro Bowl, leaving the Steelers with three players for the Feb. 10 NFL all-star game in Honolulu.
    Polamalu, who finished the season with a sprained knee, is the second Steelers player to withdraw from the Pro Bowl. Willie Parker, whose leg was broken in the 15th game of the season, was replaced by Jacksonville's Fred Taylor.
    Safety Antoine Bethea of Indianapolis will replace Polamalu.
    The three remaining Steelers in the Pro Bowl are linebacker James Harrison and guard Alan Faneca, both starters, and quarterback Ben Roethlisberger.
    First published on January 25, 2008 at 11:23 am

I'm A "Champion"

My Mood
    Addicted
    That's odd that the only thing that's mentioned is the sprained knee. Shouldn't Troy be healed by now. Wow what shocker that he withdrew from the Pro bowl.

Originally from Johnstown, PA...now trapped in Bungleland
    I'm sure it's disappointing. I just hope he is able to take this offseason to heal and build himself up again.

Chairman of the Board Iron City South's Avatar
    I'll tell you this right now ....

I'm not going to put up with another year of everyone giving Polamalu a "free pass" because of an injury. He needs to return next season healthy and with more muscle. He better start performing at a level commensurate with his highest paid Safety in the league paycheck or I'm going to be all over this guy like a cheap suit each week.

No more excuses from this guy .... none.
    "The most interesting man on SA ... stay thirsty my friends"

Satan's Helper SteelersfaninPhilly's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron City South View Post

I'm not going to put up with another year of everyone giving Polamalu a "free pass" because of an injury. He needs to return next season healthy and with more muscle. He better start performing at a level commensurate with his highest paid Safety in the league paycheck or I'm going to be all over this guy like a cheap suit each week.

Dude Troy is not the problem. It is the aging defense and the turnstile that we have called an offensive line.

http://americanat.blogspot.com/

I'm blind, I'm deaf, I wanna be a ref! Get on your knees ref your blowing the game!

Big thank you to pa state Daryl Metcalfe. For doing the right thing.

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron City South View Post

Everyone giving Troy a free pass? I was the first to start calling Troy out way back in October after the Broncos loss...lol So no not everyone has given Troy a free pass.....Oct. 22 2006 was the last time Troy had an INT....lol Thats a very long time for a so called elite player...lol Which not to mention the highest current paid player on the team....Until Big Ben signs his new deal...

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Looks like maybe Tomlin and Troy have been reading the cliff notes from Bill Cowher injury reporting 101. Trioy's injury was obviously either more problematic than we were lead to believe or else he reinjured it more in the Jax game. He's got plenty of time to heal now and should be all set for 2008.

Pro Bowl #2 and Counting JoeThomas's Avatar
    he really didnt deserve it this year anyway. im tired of all these guys who go every year just cause they are regarded as the best at their position. it should be the best of the year. the fact that jonathan odgen went just shows its a joke.

My Mood
    Smokin
    Quote Originally Posted by TOP GUN View Post
    Looks like maybe Tomlin and Troy have been reading the cliff notes from Bill Cowher injury reporting 101. Trioy's injury was obviously either more problematic than we were lead to believe or else he reinjured it more in the Jax game. He's got plenty of time to heal now and should be all set for 2008.
    I was shocked after this season that he was even going to the pro bowl to be honest...

Thanks for the sig Flea

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Quote Originally Posted by steelersgal86 View Post
    I was shocked after this season that he was even going to the pro bowl to be honest...
    He basically got in on his merit and reputation from previous years...same as Faneca did this year. Neither of them had a pro bowl season but it just proves again how much of a popularity contest the pro bowl really is. Troy missed half the games of the season this year, if anything Hines should have went for this team over Troy and even Hines missed several games but still had a good year.

Thread Information