Bookmark and Share

Hybrid View

Tailgate Coordinator

Troy not playing in the Pro Bowl

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/08025...d=steelers.xml

Polamalu won't play in Pro Bowl
    Friday, January 25, 2008
    By Ed Bouchette, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
    Safety Troy Polamalu has pulled out of the Pro Bowl, leaving the Steelers with three players for the Feb. 10 NFL all-star game in Honolulu.
    Polamalu, who finished the season with a sprained knee, is the second Steelers player to withdraw from the Pro Bowl. Willie Parker, whose leg was broken in the 15th game of the season, was replaced by Jacksonville's Fred Taylor.
    Safety Antoine Bethea of Indianapolis will replace Polamalu.
    The three remaining Steelers in the Pro Bowl are linebacker James Harrison and guard Alan Faneca, both starters, and quarterback Ben Roethlisberger.
    First published on January 25, 2008 at 11:23 am

I'm A "Champion"

My Mood
    Addicted
    That's odd that the only thing that's mentioned is the sprained knee. Shouldn't Troy be healed by now. Wow what shocker that he withdrew from the Pro bowl.

Originally from Johnstown, PA...now trapped in Bungleland
    I'm sure it's disappointing. I just hope he is able to take this offseason to heal and build himself up again.

Chairman of the Board Iron City South's Avatar
    I'll tell you this right now ....

I'm not going to put up with another year of everyone giving Polamalu a "free pass" because of an injury. He needs to return next season healthy and with more muscle. He better start performing at a level commensurate with his highest paid Safety in the league paycheck or I'm going to be all over this guy like a cheap suit each week.

No more excuses from this guy .... none.
    "The most interesting man on SA ... stay thirsty my friends"

Satan's Helper SteelersfaninPhilly's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron City South View Post

I'm not going to put up with another year of everyone giving Polamalu a "free pass" because of an injury. He needs to return next season healthy and with more muscle. He better start performing at a level commensurate with his highest paid Safety in the league paycheck or I'm going to be all over this guy like a cheap suit each week.

Dude Troy is not the problem. It is the aging defense and the turnstile that we have called an offensive line.

http://americanat.blogspot.com/

I'm blind, I'm deaf, I wanna be a ref! Get on your knees ref your blowing the game!

Big thank you to pa state Daryl Metcalfe. For doing the right thing.

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad

Everyone giving Troy a free pass? I was the first to start calling Troy out way back in October after the Broncos loss...lol So no not everyone has given Troy a free pass.....Oct. 22 2006 was the last time Troy had an INT....lol Thats a very long time for a so called elite player...lol Which not to mention the highest current paid player on the team....Until Big Ben signs his new deal...

SA's Bouncer
    My Mood
    Addicted

No free pass from me, he needs to get back to his USC physique and mentality. Hes gotten soft both in body and spirit

Quote Originally Posted by SteelersfaninPhilly
    Dude Troy is not the problem. It is the aging defense and the turnstile that we have called an offensive line.
    Hes part of the problem. Our DL isn't collapsing the pocket like it used to, Aaron Smith is the only one the OL has to account for. We need another play maker that does more then occupy a blocker. So with no pressure or pass rush and our secondary isn't exactly the most feared in the league, the opposing QB's aren't scared to throw at our secondary. Troy used to be a threat, someone that was always accounted for and schemed against, this past year, teams figured out he wasn't the Troy of old and didn't really worry or pay attention to him. Seriously, would you as a offensive coordinator have game planned against him? Yeah he made plays but he was inconsistent and was getting tossed around like a ragdoll going up against 6'5 300lb linemen. He's lighter in the *** and he just doesn't have that attitude like he did coming out of USC. I still like the guy but he needs to get healthy and get back to being a hard hitter and being ruthless.

If you don’t stand behind our troops.....Please feel free to stand in front of them!!!

"Give me a 6 pack, half hour of rest and lets go play them again....We can beat them."
    --Jack Lambert

"They say that when you're the champs, everybody will try to beat you. Well, I'm glad we're the champs, so bring 'em on, bring 'em all on. If we die, we ain't gonna die running. It's gonna be a fight."
    --Joe Greene

Chairman of the Board Iron City South's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DIESELMAN View Post
    No free pass from me, he needs to get back to his USC physique and mentality. Hes gotten soft both in body and spirit

He's part of the problem. Our DL isn't collapsing the pocket like it used to, Aaron Smith is the only one the OL has to account for. We need another play maker that does more then occupy a blocker. So with no pressure or pass rush and our secondary isn't exactly the most feared in the league, the opposing QB's aren't scared to throw at our secondary. Troy used to be a threat, someone that was always accounted for and schemed against, this past year, teams figured out he wasn't the Troy of old and didn't really worry or pay attention to him. Seriously, would you as a offensive coordinator have game planned against him? Yeah he made plays but he was inconsistent and was getting tossed around like a ragdoll going up against 6'5 300lb linemen. He's lighter in the *** and he just doesn't have that attitude like he did coming out of USC. I still like the guy but he needs to get healthy and get back to being a hard hitter and being ruthless.

Hell of a good post right here. Spot on.

"The most interesting man on SA ... stay thirsty my friends"

Reppin' 724

Wow, I'm sure Troy will start on a demanding off-season workout regimen right now, just so he doesn't have to worry about your comments on a message board.

He gets a pass for last year since, for the most part, the rest of the D stepped up for him. Yeah he needs to get back to where he was, but that will happen only one way, get back to that solid, thick SS that we drafted. If Tory gets back to being that Samoan warrior again, we'll be good, if not, I'm sure Tomlin and the Rooneys will have words for him, and that, he might actually be worried about.

Agree'd 100%, this guy needs to show up, new contract and nothing to show for it...

Thread Information