Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Troy not playing in the Pro Bowl

Bookmark and Share
    Pro Bowl #2 and Counting JoeThomas's Avatar
    troy's merit? he has only been in the league what 4 years? and last year he wasnt that good too. im not saying he isnt a good player. but everyone wants to say he is the best safety in football. give me ed reed, bob sanders, roy williams, even old rodney harrison haha.

Chairman of the Board Iron City South's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeThomas View Post
    troy's merit? he has only been in the league what 4 years? and last year he wasnt that good too. im not saying he isnt a good player. but everyone wants to say he is the best safety in football. give me ed reed, bob sanders, roy williams, even old rodney harrison haha.

Bravo ... A "truth" teller.
    "The most interesting man on SA ... stay thirsty my friends"

Originally from Johnstown, PA...now trapped in Bungleland
    Quote Originally Posted by TOP GUN View Post
    Troy showed signs of getting back to form the last couple games of the year that he played. He still wasn't spot on like he usually is and how we are used to seeing him but overall Im confident he'll come back to offseason workouts and training camp ready to go. Make no mistake, this defense is better when he's on the field and playing like he has up until everything happened this year.
    I agree. Whatever this injury actually is I can't wait to see him back in full form.

Reppin' 724
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeThomas View Post
    Ed Reed is not what he used to be. Even Ben torched their D for 5 TD's in one half. Bob Sanders and Williams, I would take over Troy at this point, but not Harrison and his HGH scandal, or Reed.

When Troy is at the top of his game, he is at the top of THE game. I give him a pass for one bad year, if he has two then something should probably be done.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Troy didn't get that big *** contract for being a flunkie. The Rooney's don't hand out that kind of cash to just anybody. When Troy is healthy and playing like he has up until this year he is the best safety in the league. Sanders is a top flight safety as well, Troy is easily mentioned in the same breath as him and Reed. Troy lost weight this year, he was hurt, and missed a lot of games it's not like the dude decided to take the year off and suddenly start to suck.

Chairman of the Board Iron City South's Avatar
    If they shopped Polamalu right now .... we could probably clean-up off of some team that would sell the farm to get 'em. (i.e., similar to the Herschel Walker trade Dallas pulled off years ago)

I'm thinking we could get a quality veteran Safety in addition to 2 or 3 young active roster players by virtue of either a trade or future draft picks.
    "The most interesting man on SA ... stay thirsty my friends"

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    That's true we could get a killing for him from any number of teams that need help in the secondary. Hell we could shop Ben, Willie, Santonio, and Heath too and then we'll really clean up

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    There is many making excuses for Troy's play this year...But he sucked in 2006 also...lol Whats the excuse for his play in 2006? I'm sorry I just think the dude is over-rated....But Steelers fans always tend to over-rate their own...lol

Hopefully in 08 Troy plays like he did in 04/05.........

Oct. 22, 2006 the date of Troy's last INT...I don't care what excuses you make thats just plain sorry...lol

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Last year the entire team sucked, nobody on defense had a good year and everybody on offense was just as bad. The 2nd half of the season they did play better but the damage was already done. 2008 is the year of wreckoning for Troy, he's got to come back strong and back to form or we are going to suffer big time.

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by TOP GUN View Post
    Last year the entire team sucked, nobody on defense had a good year and everybody on offense was just as bad. The 2nd half of the season they did play better but the damage was already done. 2008 is the year of wreckoning for Troy, he's got to come back strong and back to form or we are going to suffer big time.
    No doubt 2006 sucked for everybody on the team besides Willie.... Hey I want to stop on my Troy rants...But when a thread pops up with Troy in it ...I just can't help myself......Plus I'm feeling froggy today.......

Thread Information