Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Troy not playing in the Pro Bowl

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron City South View Post
    I'll tell you this right now ....

I'm not going to put up with another year of everyone giving Polamalu a "free pass" because of an injury. He needs to return next season healthy and with more muscle. He better start performing at a level commensurate with his highest paid Safety in the league paycheck or I'm going to be all over this guy like a cheap suit each week.

No more excuses from this guy .... none.
    No free pass from me, he needs to get back to his USC physique and mentality. Hes gotten soft both in body and spirit

Quote Originally Posted by SteelersfaninPhilly
    Dude Troy is not the problem. It is the aging defense and the turnstile that we have called an offensive line.
    Hes part of the problem. Our DL isn't collapsing the pocket like it used to, Aaron Smith is the only one the OL has to account for. We need another play maker that does more then occupy a blocker. So with no pressure or pass rush and our secondary isn't exactly the most feared in the league, the opposing QB's aren't scared to throw at our secondary. Troy used to be a threat, someone that was always accounted for and schemed against, this past year, teams figured out he wasn't the Troy of old and didn't really worry or pay attention to him. Seriously, would you as a offensive coordinator have game planned against him? Yeah he made plays but he was inconsistent and was getting tossed around like a ragdoll going up against 6'5 300lb linemen. He's lighter in the *** and he just doesn't have that attitude like he did coming out of USC. I still like the guy but he needs to get healthy and get back to being a hard hitter and being ruthless.

If you don’t stand behind our troops.....Please feel free to stand in front of them!!!

"Give me a 6 pack, half hour of rest and lets go play them again....We can beat them."
    --Jack Lambert

"They say that when you're the champs, everybody will try to beat you. Well, I'm glad we're the champs, so bring 'em on, bring 'em all on. If we die, we ain't gonna die running. It's gonna be a fight."
    --Joe Greene

Reppin' 724
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron City South View Post
    I'll tell you this right now ....

I'm not going to put up with another year of everyone giving Polamalu a "free pass" because of an injury. He needs to return next season healthy and with more muscle. He better start performing at a level commensurate with his highest paid Safety in the league paycheck or I'm going to be all over this guy like a cheap suit each week.

No more excuses from this guy .... none.
    Wow, I'm sure Troy will start on a demanding off-season workout regimen right now, just so he doesn't have to worry about your comments on a message board.

He gets a pass for last year since, for the most part, the rest of the D stepped up for him. Yeah he needs to get back to where he was, but that will happen only one way, get back to that solid, thick SS that we drafted. If Tory gets back to being that Samoan warrior again, we'll be good, if not, I'm sure Tomlin and the Rooneys will have words for him, and that, he might actually be worried about.

Good. He had nor right to be there anyway.

My Mood
    Chatty
    Perhaps he's not going because he doesn't feel he deserves it because he was out with his injuries. He's an upstanding guy so maybe he feels someone else deserves it.

Thanks Steelers086 for my awesome signature!!!

Thanks for the new avatar SteelerBee!

Chairman of the Board Iron City South's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DIESELMAN View Post
    No free pass from me, he needs to get back to his USC physique and mentality. Hes gotten soft both in body and spirit

He's part of the problem. Our DL isn't collapsing the pocket like it used to, Aaron Smith is the only one the OL has to account for. We need another play maker that does more then occupy a blocker. So with no pressure or pass rush and our secondary isn't exactly the most feared in the league, the opposing QB's aren't scared to throw at our secondary. Troy used to be a threat, someone that was always accounted for and schemed against, this past year, teams figured out he wasn't the Troy of old and didn't really worry or pay attention to him. Seriously, would you as a offensive coordinator have game planned against him? Yeah he made plays but he was inconsistent and was getting tossed around like a ragdoll going up against 6'5 300lb linemen. He's lighter in the *** and he just doesn't have that attitude like he did coming out of USC. I still like the guy but he needs to get healthy and get back to being a hard hitter and being ruthless.

Hell of a good post right here. Spot on.

"The most interesting man on SA ... stay thirsty my friends"

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Troy showed signs of getting back to form the last couple games of the year that he played. He still wasn't spot on like he usually is and how we are used to seeing him but overall Im confident he'll come back to offseason workouts and training camp ready to go. Make no mistake, this defense is better when he's on the field and playing like he has up until everything happened this year.

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    justice is served, he did nothing this season to even worth being a starter on this team, he made no impact, and should not have even been mentioned as a possible pro bowler, so good thing he got hurt, cause he should not even be allowed near where they play the pro bowl game, cause the game should be for players that actually made impacts
    "SA, it's more than a FEVER it's an ADDICTION" -BlacknGold Bleeder

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Quote Originally Posted by Koopa View Post
    cause the game should be for players that actually made impacts
    When was the last time the Pro Bowl was actually all about impact players? It's nothing more than a popularity contest anymore and players get in every year based on past reputation.

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Quote Originally Posted by TOP GUN View Post
    When was the last time the Pro Bowl was actually all about impact players? It's nothing more than a popularity contest anymore and players get in every year based on past reputation.
    but most of the players now actually deserved to be starters on their own team........ our secondary had some of their best games when troy was in street close this year.......... troy made zero impact this year, and it's sickening to see that a dude got in cause he has faggot hair, which for some reason makes everyone fall in love with him
    "SA, it's more than a FEVER it's an ADDICTION" -BlacknGold Bleeder

Reppin' 724
    I'm not a huge fan of any of our guys in playing in the Pro-Bowl anyways. It's just a retarded chance to get hurt. He needs to recover from his injury, and get in the weight room.

Thread Information