Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 3rd & 6 Haunt...

Bookmark and Share
    Rookie Free Agent

3rd & 6 Haunt...

The nightmares continue, the teeth-grinding, the rising from my slumber at 3am. I watch the tape, hoping beyond hope for a different outcome...for a different playcall!!

Yes...a recovery tool was to have been my smashing the thing to smithereens. However, being cheap, and being a techno-dummy....didn't want to waste a decent tape, that I'll certainly use again. See....the smashing thing is only chathartic when it's done spontaneously, an outpouring of pure emotion. Ceremonially....just doesn't cut it.

Mikey T. is in the same jam as President Reagan with Iran/Contra, but sans the teflon attributes of The Great Communicator. Whereas as Twenty Mule Team Borax either knew, which was a problem, or didn't know, which was a problem....the Bad Ankle Ben sweep on 3rd & 6 was either endorsed by Mikey, or he stood aside like the proverbial potted plant. My conclusion...he's f***ed either way.

I've been told to "let it go." Focus on the free agency, the draft, '08. Here's the thing, good people. We ain't gonna do **** in free agency. I know it, you know it, we all know it. We'll sign some 4th year backup OT from Detroit, filled with potential. I'm not a draftnik. I'll let the rest of you knock yourself out with research, and then tell me which of the players that I've never heard of will help the Black & Gold in '08.

So...I remain good and bullshit at Mikey T. But, I'm not about to say he's not Da Man. Contrary to my esteemed colleague, 2 Point Mike, of this site, who believes Mikey T. was hired ostensibly because he's black, a Rooney Rule beneficiary, I tend to believe that the Rooney Rule got Mikey in the door, but what got him his job was an exceedingly well-developed line of bullshit. Reminds me of a flight I had from Pittsburgh to NH once.....kid next to me was a student at Northwestern. I inquired as to his major. "Rhetoric," he said. "Hmmm," I said, "Rhetoric? Sounds like bullshit to me. Let's check Mikey T's William & Mary transcript. Betcha he majored in Rhetoric.

So....think back to last January. Whiz has already flown the coop...'cause the Steelers could not rush their process. I remember being oh, so pissed on the Sunday afternoon (was Div. Playoff weekend) that I got that news. So, then it's down to Mikey T. & Russ Grimm. We have MIkey talking about "attrition football, " and the like, spewing "rhetoric" with the best of them, verus The Hog from Southmoreland.....who is NFL Coaching's answer to The Triple Double.....Fat F***, Ugly F***, Dumb F***.

That being the case, who's gonna get the job. The hire was not based on Mikey's being black, but based on his Rhetoric.

Mikey was given control of our team, the proverbial 16-year-old, given the keys to Dad's Chevy. He F***ed it up....no doubt!! And it had nothing to do with inexperience. All of us, on our respective couches, E-Z chairs, barstools, or compromising positions, knew better. And ain't none of us had NFL coaching experience. Ben shoulda put the ball up. You owe use, Mikey!!

Reppin' 724
    ****in a...get over it, the only bad call was the QB sweep.

Rookie Free Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by TEEMONT View Post
    ****in a...get over it, the only bad call was the QB sweep.
    Hence the title.....though going for 2 from the 12 was hardly one of the smarter decisions mikey's ever made.

Reppin' 724
    Mikey was given control of our team, the proverbial 16-year-old, given the keys to Dad's Chevy. He F***ed it up....no doubt!! And it had nothing to do with inexperience. All of us, on our respective couches, E-Z chairs, barstools, or compromising positions, knew better. And ain't none of us had NFL coaching experience. Ben shoulda put the ball up. You owe use, Mikey!!
    he doesnt owe us anything....it was a bad call...they happen.

Satan's Helper SteelersfaninPhilly's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TEEMONT View Post
    he doesnt owe us anything....it was a bad call...they happen.

And Tomlin turtled like Billy Cowher.

http://americanat.blogspot.com/

I'm blind, I'm deaf, I wanna be a ref! Get on your knees ref your blowing the game!

Big thank you to pa state Daryl Metcalfe. For doing the right thing.

2nd String
    Quote Originally Posted by swissvale72 View Post
    The nightmares continue, the teeth-grinding, the rising from my slumber at 3am. I watch the tape, hoping beyond hope for a different outcome...for a different playcall!!

Yes...a recovery tool was to have been my smashing the thing to smithereens. However, being cheap, and being a techno-dummy....didn't want to waste a decent tape, that I'll certainly use again. See....the smashing thing is only chathartic when it's done spontaneously, an outpouring of pure emotion. Ceremonially....just doesn't cut it.

Mikey T. is in the same jam as President Reagan with Iran/Contra, but sans the teflon attributes of The Great Communicator. Whereas as Twenty Mule Team Borax either knew, which was a problem, or didn't know, which was a problem....the Bad Ankle Ben sweep on 3rd & 6 was either endorsed by Mikey, or he stood aside like the proverbial potted plant. My conclusion...he's f***ed either way.

I've been told to "let it go." Focus on the free agency, the draft, '08. Here's the thing, good people. We ain't gonna do shiat in free agency. I know it, you know it, we all know it. We'll sign some 4th year backup OT from Detroit, filled with potential. I'm not a draftnik. I'll let the rest of you knock yourself out with research, and then tell me which of the players that I've never heard of will help the Black & Gold in '08.

So...I remain good and bullshiat at Mikey T. But, I'm not about to say he's not Da Man. Contrary to my esteemed colleague, 2 Point Mike, of this site, who believes Mikey T. was hired ostensibly because he's black, a Rooney Rule beneficiary, I tend to believe that the Rooney Rule got Mikey in the door, but what got him his job was an exceedingly well-developed line of bullshiat. Reminds me of a flight I had from Pittsburgh to NH once.....kid next to me was a student at Northwestern. I inquired as to his major. "Rhetoric," he said. "Hmmm," I said, "Rhetoric? Sounds like bullshiat to me. Let's check Mikey T's William & Mary transcript. Betcha he majored in Rhetoric.

So....think back to last January. Whiz has already flown the coop...'cause the Steelers could not rush their process. I remember being oh, so pissed on the Sunday afternoon (was Div. Playoff weekend) that I got that news. So, then it's down to Mikey T. & Russ Grimm. We have MIkey talking about "attrition football, " and the like, spewing "rhetoric" with the best of them, verus The Hog from Southmoreland.....who is NFL Coaching's answer to The Triple Double.....Fat F***, Ugly F***, Dumb F***.

That being the case, who's gonna get the job. The hire was not based on Mikey's being black, but based on his Rhetoric.

now this desrves an he's an rookie coach who took the blame an i bet he will b an better coach an coach better next year.............

You are such a dumbass...get over the damn play and move on with life. Your life is revolving around this one play..get over it already!!!

Have you ever heard of not looking backwards...maybe its something you should learn to look into.

My Mood
    Chatty
    Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan11 View Post
    You are such a dumbass...get over the damn play and move on with life. Your life is revolving around this one play..get over it already!!!

Have you ever heard of not looking backwards...maybe its something you should learn to look into.
    You really don't have to call the guy a dumbass. It's not very nice. Everyone else posts what they want. Give the guy a break and just let him post what he wants! You can respond but don't have to be so mean!

Thanks Steelers086 for my awesome signature!!!

Thanks for the new avatar SteelerBee!

Rookie Free Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan11 View Post

Actually...just for you, 11, thinking about starting a new series, "The 3rd & 6 Chronicles"...weekly updates all the way through August. Waddaya think?

Satan's Helper SteelersfaninPhilly's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by swissvale72 View Post
    Actually...just for you, 11, thinking about starting a new series, "The 3rd & 6 Chronicles"...weekly updates all the way through August. Waddaya think?

http://americanat.blogspot.com/

I'm blind, I'm deaf, I wanna be a ref! Get on your knees ref your blowing the game!

Big thank you to pa state Daryl Metcalfe. For doing the right thing.

Thread Information