Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Post Game Quotes 9/24/06

Bookmark and Share

Hybrid View

My Mood
    Addicted

Post Game Quotes 9/24/06

To BC

Why did you put Ricardo Colclough in for Santonio Holmes at punt returner?

We've been going with Santonio inside the 10-yard line because we feel good about his hands. Ricardo just misjudged the ball. No one feels worse about it than he does. Unfortunately we couldn't recover it.
    To Ben

Was the windy weather a factor today?

The wind made it tough. No excuses, obviously, but there were a couple throws – one specifically that I threw to Cedrick Wilson – that I threw as hard as I could, but the wind just knocked it down. But for the most part, it was just mental mistakes and not making the right play.

What did you see on the interception of the intended pass to Miller in the end zone?

It was almost like they knew it was coming. We had run the ball all the way down the field, and were on the four- or five-yard line, and how did they not expect the run to come? I knew Heath (Miller) was coming across, and I knew he wasn't there yet, and I saw him come out from behind the linebacker and was expecting him to come out the other side. As he was coming out, I didn't see the guy coming the other direction.
    http://news.steelers.com/article/69531/

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Why did you put Ricardo Colclough in for Santonio Holmes at punt returner?
    We've been going with Santonio inside the 10-yard line because we feel good about his hands. Ricardo just misjudged the ball. No one feels worse about it than he does. Unfortunately we couldn't recover it.
    Santonio doesn't have good hands outside the 10 yd line?? WTH ??? Coclough sux as a returner and a DB. He's strugged with returns his whole career with us !

House of Steel

That is all I got to say about these quotes.

My Mood
    Addicted
    That's why I have been all year about our roster moves. I think the front office and Cowher have lost it!

House of Steel
    I think the whole organization has lost their sanity after winning the Super Bowl.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    steelersfan makes a good point..overall, we've made ome of the most crazy roster moves Ive ever seen.

We release Chidi, sign Cobb, then release him, then sign Davenport and not use him. We have 2 good returners in Reid & Holmes on the team yet we only use Holmes here and there while he works through his growing pains and give the ball to Coc who's just flat out terrible in the return game. We draft 2 QB's and they end up sucking. We needed to address depth at the RB and we still ended up with Staley on the roster !

I just don't get it, Ive never seen us make so many bonehead moves and ones that just don't make any sense to anyone !

My Mood
    Addicted
    The RB's are the most puzzling. Why keep Staley if they aren't going to use him? Why draft those QB's when we didn't really need them? Could have taken a couple young backs. The Cobb thing I don't get at all. What was he with us, like 4 days? And then Davenport. Why have him dress at all if he's not going to play any? If he doesn't know the playbook dress Staley, he should.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    It seems like they went after Cobb to try and find some depth at RB, then Davenport became available to them so they decided. Well Hey, Najeh is a veteran and has experience, lets get him instead. All well and good except for the fact that he hasn't played a down yet !!

My Mood
    Addicted
    I was happy when they signed Najeh. I actually thought when Willie was struggling against Jax that we would see him. I wasn't surprised by him not playing today because Willie was doing well. I just wish Najeh would get some reps somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Prosdo View Post
    I was happy when they signed Najeh. I actually thought when Willie was struggling against Jax that we would see him. I wasn't surprised by him not playing today because Willie was doing well. I just wish Najeh would get some reps somewhere.
    I agree, we need him to get some game time practice and what better way but to put him in for some snaps. It couldn't hurt!

sig made by K Train....Thank you!

Thread Information