Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What was the point in signing Davenport?

Bookmark and Share
    Good thing there is a bye week coming up next week. The Steelers can regroup and reevaluate the current roster and Ben can get back on track somehow... Hopefully when the Steelers come back on Sunday night against the Chargers they will be a completely different team by then. Plus Najeh will have a month of learning some of the plays by then so hopefully he'll start to see some carries because Willie had 31 today. He may be young and able to recover from a work load like that but after 13-14 games all those carries will start to finally show.

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Quote Originally Posted by Friday133 View Post
    cut cowher, lol. i have no problem with davenport not getting into the game yet. although i do think we need to dress willie reid. its really a catch 22 at this point.
    i think we need to dress willie....have you seen our punt return game??? willie is a straight up punt returning machine....these two dudes we use did some punt returning in their college careers but did nothing special....willie made a name for himself returning punts lol
    "SA, it's more than a FEVER it's an ADDICTION" -BlacknGold Bleeder

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    I agree totally, it takes time to learn the offense but on 4th and short or at the goal line just give it to the big man. This is 2 weeks in a row where he had chances to get some work and we didn't let him.

Quote Originally Posted by Top Gun View Post
    I agree totally, it takes time to learn the offense but on 4th and short or at the goal line just give it to the big man. This is 2 weeks in a row where he had chances to get some work and we didn't let him.

but parker got the job done, didn't he? i don't understand why you would want to put him in other than he's a "big back".

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Yes Willie got the job done, he was awesome today ! He's delivering every chance he gets...but if we signed Najeh to be a contributor on this team, you can rest willie here and there just give Najeh some carries to see how he's gonna do. Verron is the 3rd down back and he's good in that role, but if we sign a guy we outta atleast get him a few snaps when the running game is on fire like it was today.

You gotta look at Najeh as basically a rookie for the Steelers. Yes he has NFL experience but he is new to the team. We were all anxious to see how Holmes and Reid was going to be and we have seen them play now so we know what to expect from them. Since Najeh hasn't played we don't know really who he is and how he's going to help the Steelers. Today would have been an awesome day to get him there, especially on like a 2nd and short or something... The dude needs some reps and he sure as hell isn't getting them sitting on the bench!

Thread Information