Thread: Some early impressions after watching the Senior Bowl...

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    saints-hater

Some early impressions after watching the Senior Bowl...

Looking at the draft, I think we should pick the best play available. The question I have is if Godser Cherilus is there do we take him. He will be a monster right tackle. I would rather find a left tackle since those are more important, but if he is there should we be complaining about getting a monster right tackle. I think with the state of our line we need to take the best lineman no matter what. I think I'd still consider Baker first, but Cherilus looked real impressive at the Senior Bowl. I have absolutely no problem with taking Cherilus. He will be a solid RT for 10 years. It's been a while since we had a really great RT. His long arms and big hands will make him a solid pass protector and his natural size will get a good push in the run game.

The more I watch him the more I am getting worried at our chances at drafting Cherilus.

The qb's are not that elite this year, so alot of teams might wait until rnd 2 to take a qb,

The Ravens, Bears, and Falcon, and possibly Lions who could all use a qb, might take the OT in the first round instead.

I am thinking he might be a top 15 pick, and in that case he is long off the board.

I thought the same thing man... but the latest draft Mock-ups have Cherilus not even in the first round... the only ones i have seen of him going in the 1st was to us at 23... My thinking is if this holds true, would it be worth it to trade up in the second to go after Chris Williams, Otah, Oher if available... the only players i have seen in every ones 1st round are Baker, Clady, Long and some have Otah... most no one that i have seen so far has Cherilus or Williams in their first round mock-up... I posted a link to ESPN McShays Mock as of today in a new thread in "the war room" he has us taking Otah from Pitts as the 4th OT taken behind Long, Baker and Clady... his mock up didnt look to good to me personally!

The Bears and Falcons would be RE-TAR-DED not to take Brohm and Ryan if they can and i think they will... the Ravens really havent seen enough of Troy Smith to not take a QB... but it is the Ravens... i wouldnt be suprised to see them take Talib, Jenkins, or McKelvin cause they need a corner more than a OT!!!

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by steelcitysfinestXL View Post
    I thought the same thing man... but the latest draft Mock-ups have Cherilus not even in the first round... the only ones i have seen of him going in the 1st was to us at 23... My thinking is if this holds true, would it be worth it to trade up in the second to go after Chris Williams, Otah, Oher if available... the only players i have seen in every ones 1st round are Baker, Clady, Long and some have Otah... most no one that i have seen so far has Cherilus or Williams in their first round mock-up... I posted a link to ESPN McShays Mock as of today in a new thread in "the war room" he has us taking Otah from Pitts as the 4th OT taken behind Long, Baker and Clady... his mock up didnt look to good to me personally!

The Bears and Falcons would be RE-TAR-DED not to take Brohm and Ryan if they can and i think they will... the Ravens really havent seen enough of Troy Smith to not take a QB... but it is the Ravens... i wouldnt be suprised to see them take Talib, Jenkins, or McKelvin cause they need a corner more than a OT!!!
    Oher went back to Old Miss for his Senior year....That sucks since I really like him also.....

I think the Steelers will have a shot at both Cherilus or Williams.....Williams might be there in the 2nd round when the Steelers pick but I doubt it....I think Williams will go late first or early second....

I wasnt sure if Oher was officially returning to college or just rumored... that sucks!!! i just have a feeling that the big three (baker, long and Clady) if not taken back-to-back-to-back, then you may only see 4 OT's gone in the first!!! If they all go in the first 9 picks then teams may panic and we may lose out on Cherilus who i think is a steal at 23 in any other recnet draft and maybe even '08's. I was just dreaming saying if Otah or Williams are still there in the early second, would it be worth it trading up to get one of them, seeing as how we are already down a 6th round pick(thanks rossum)

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by steelcitysfinestXL View Post
    I wasnt sure if Oher was officially returning to college or just rumored... that sucks!!! i just have a feeling that the big three (baker, long and Clady) if not taken back-to-back-to-back, then you may only see 4 OT's gone in the first!!! If they all go in the first 9 picks then teams may panic and we may lose out on Cherilus who i think is a steal at 23 in any other recnet draft and maybe even '08's. I was just dreaming saying if Otah or Williams are still there in the early second, would it be worth it trading up to get one of them, seeing as how we are already down a 6th round pick(thanks rossum)
    Oher was my favorite......This team can't wait for the 09 draft though...lol I think Otah is going to shoot up draft boards and might be the 3rd OT taken in this draft.....I'm sure Baker will go in the 20s somewhere...God I hope the Steelers don't draft him.....So I think Cherilus might be there at 23 but he could rise to the top 15 no doubt.....

Thread Information