Thread: Shaun Rodgers

Bookmark and Share
    Reppin' 724

Shaun Rodgers

I just saw on ESPN (they were actually doing a story on something other than the Pats) that the Lions are going to release or trade Shaun Rodgers.

Now my question is not "should we trade for him" but if he is released, should we make an offer? I don't see why not to be honest. Having a guy like him would make the eventual transition into a 4-3 a lot easier, as of now I feel like we have more than enough talent at LB to make the 4-3 work, we just need two more legitimate DL.

I know LeBeau is still here, but he is going to be gone eventually, and I think Tomlin will probably bring someone in to run the Tampa 2.

Just a though.

SA's Bouncer
    My Mood
    Addicted
    Me personally, I wouldn't want to see him as a Steeler. Hes almost 30 and he was one of the reasons the Lions D disappeared in the 2nd half of the season.

If you donít stand behind our troops.....Please feel free to stand in front of them!!!

"Give me a 6 pack, half hour of rest and lets go play them again....We can beat them."
    --Jack Lambert

"They say that when you're the champs, everybody will try to beat you. Well, I'm glad we're the champs, so bring 'em on, bring 'em all on. If we die, we ain't gonna die running. It's gonna be a fight."
    --Joe Greene

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    I really don't think Tomlin will ever switch to the 4-3/Tampa 2....Well at least I hope he doesn't...If he does then I hope he is fired......

i would love to see him in the Black N Gold but i would hate to see what kinda money he wants!!!! He was a beast early this year... i have to say i dont believe a DL can cause a melt down like the Lions had... if anything he's one of the reasons they wont as many as they did!!! I just dont see it happening due to money, Nice to dream though, dude is a straight Dog!!!

SA's Bouncer
    My Mood
    Addicted
    Hes not the main reason for the disappearance of their D, but because hes over weight and he slowed down over the 2nd half of the season, he is one of the reasons for their fading.

If you donít stand behind our troops.....Please feel free to stand in front of them!!!

"Give me a 6 pack, half hour of rest and lets go play them again....We can beat them."
    --Jack Lambert

"They say that when you're the champs, everybody will try to beat you. Well, I'm glad we're the champs, so bring 'em on, bring 'em all on. If we die, we ain't gonna die running. It's gonna be a fight."
    --Joe Greene

Nah. I don't want him. He is a bum. Lazy and overweight.

My Mood
    Angry
    Quote Originally Posted by DIESELMAN View Post
    Hes not the main reason for the disappearance of their D, but because hes over weight and he slowed down over the 2nd half of the season, he is one of the reasons for their fading.
    No Way on Rodgers!!

Rodgers has a reputation for taking plays off and is also known for taking himself out of games when he gets tired.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    In his hay day he was a beast and strong as an ox. I think he won the Pro Bowl player challenge for bench press a couple times in past years. He's probably not worth the price he'd want and with Tomlin trying to infuse youth on this team I don't see us going after him at this time.

Thread Information