Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: A receiver the Steelers should consider going after in free agency...

Bookmark and Share

Hybrid View

My Mood
    saints-hater

A receiver the Steelers should consider going after in free agency...

I think he would be a good pick up. I know he fits the body profile of most of our recievers already but he stood out when Andre Johnson was out and he is a GREAT return man, and I bet you can get him relatively cheap. He's REALLY good. He's also not gonna be REALLY high value. Unless he has some reason not to want to come to Pittsburgh in particular, I dont think it would be very difficult to get him here. I think we can offer him the kind of money others will.

Yeah....but what makes him better than Ced Wilson other than his speed? Granted he would be the fastest receiver on our team, but his routes are nothing more than eh and his hands are pretty bad.

and he was a brownie and not impressive in his time there either..... 2 words for ya

BERNARD BERRIAN!!!!!!

Berrian has only ok hands and his only really appealing attribute is his speed. If there were to sign anyone I would prefer Bryant Johnson.

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by steelcityrockers View Post
    Berrian has only ok hands and his only really appealing attribute is his speed. If there were to sign anyone I would prefer Bryant Johnson.
    Johnson drops his share of passes also....So his hands are not that superior to Berrians......

As for Andre Davis the guy can flat out return kicks...In case you havn't notice that is a glaring need on this current team.....

More punt returner than anything which is something Davis doesen't do. Johnson's hands are better than Berrian's and his routes are better.

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by steelcityrockers View Post
    More punt returner than anything which is something Davis doesen't do. Johnson's hands are better than Berrian's and his routes are better.
    PR is a bigger need I agree....But yea those kick off returners were great this year for the Steelers... Really only big return this year was Rossum's TD vs the 49ers....lol The kickoff units need upgraded also....Johnson is such a great WR that after the Cards spent a first rounder on him and then took Boldin in the second round of that same draft the next year they took Larry Fitz with a top five pick...lol

I'm not saying Johnson sucks....But as a former first rounder he really hasn't lived up to his draft status......He drops his share of passes also.......Berrian has his own flaws also but I rather have Berrian...He isn't a number 1 WR but with Holmes and Ward he doesn't need to be....I know for sure Johnson isn't a number 1 and maybe not even a number 2 WR....At least Berrian has shown he can be a solid number 2 in the NFL....

Johnson has the same amount of career TD catches as Nate Washington and has played in more games then Nate.......
    Last edited by Black@Gold Forever32; 01-23-2008 at 08:01 PM.

BJ- 46 recs for 528 yds
    Berrian- 71 for 951

BJ- Matt Leinart and Kurt Warner
    Berrian- REX GROSSMAN

Sorry Rockers, there isnt much comparison between Berrian and Johnson in my book. The way i see it BJ is a guy that will always be a #3 WR at best. Berrian as a starter has put up two nice seasons and add a serious deep threat. I would rather have a good #1 as a #3 than a good #3 compeating to beat out Ced and Nate for playing time!!! And this is coming from a PSU fanatic!!!

Matt Leinart sucks. He had a terrible season.
    Anyway, Nate and Santonio are deep threats and Johnson isn't all that slow either. I am not saying he is perfect but, Berrian will be overpaid by some team that is sure to get into a bidding war for him. He is the top WR in free agency. Berrian, for all intensive purpose was the #1 this year for the Bears since Moose is barely a shell of his former self. Johnson was the 3rd WR in an offense that dosen't feature many multiple WR sets.

Berrian is a little scrub...plus the bears will keep him

Bryant Johnson is tempting, he stepped up big when called on, but hes gonna be pricey.

Rossum isnt great...but hes not terribke either, our whole ST sucks....not just the returner.

Thread Information